Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid 4: Part 3

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
This is my favorite series on the Escapist. Great job, guys!

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Just curious, but have you guys ever encountered yourselves with a game that you just couldn't find enough jokes to come up with or are just that good?

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
RTR said:
Just curious, but have you guys ever encountered yourselves with a game that you just couldn't find enough jokes to come up with or are just that good?
I wish we were that good!
No, we've seen games with long enough scenes, but that just weren't the right kind of scene for us to make jokes for. I can't think of one offhand, but if I think of one I'll mention it.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
dalek sec said:
Walrus42 said:
Nice Army of Darkness reference.
Where was that? I must have missed that.
Actually, it's a double reference to both Army of Darkness, and the film AoD was referencing, the original Day the Earth Stood Still.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
GrahamS said:
dalek sec said:
Walrus42 said:
Nice Army of Darkness reference.
Where was that? I must have missed that.
Actually, it's a double reference to both Army of Darkness, and the film AoD was referencing, the original Day the Earth Stood Still.
That's what I remembered it from, the original Day the Earth Stood Still, I completely forgot about Army of Darkness.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
cant wait for the next kojima game..rumor is it's going to be a interactive movie..because kojima hates you and you suck. ;)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Archemetis said:
damnit Snake, should'a taken the monkey and ran.
Just like the old song says!

...you know. "Go on, take the monkey and run...."

So today we got to encounter a shaved monkey in short-shorts, and a Wesley Snipes-wannabe scat fetishist who, when not at his day job as a weapons dealer, moonlights as a stage magician.

Hideo Kojima, you madman. Riding that playground duckie of insanity [http://cds016.dc1.cdn.themis-media.com/m9z2g8u7/cds/media/global/images/galleries/display/55/55463.jpg].

Cunnysmythe

Jul 30, 2009
Nice.

I especially liked the part about Snake stealing jobs from other geriatric men with rubber suits.

civver

May 15, 2009
"Do I keep you close, or closer?"
"He's either a street magician or the worst children's party entertainer I've ever seen."

Another good one as usual.

IronEd

Apr 17, 2009
I am super surprised there weren't any Naked Gun references. Drebin, Frank Drebin.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
swaki said:
EDIT: i haven't played the game but that old snake health bar really confused me, does he get older whenever he fails to shoot things?
Its uh... its a bit more involved than that. Basically, the top bar represents your Health, the lower bar that decreased your Psyche. The meter below is an indiaction of stress, which relates to the above two-

acutally you know what. It takes too long. Suffice to say, if you stuff up or bad things happen (Example: when you get reminded of your age or informed you are
walking factory for a the lethal FOXDIE virus and if you don't die in three months it will infect and kill millions
... yeah, that won't make any sense either) the Psyche Meter goes down. It gets restored by relaxing, using energy drinks, medications, herbs or looking at cleavage. Which can be done in cut-scenes as well.

Lengthy response out of the way, that was a quite a good ep. The reference to control from earlier was the best bit in my opinion.
I so hope the Beauty and the Beast introduction is done next, so many opportunities in that one.

CmdrGoob

Oct 5, 2008
Great episode.

OMG LOOK AT TEH FUNNY MONKEY LOLZER BEAM!!1!!

Ugh. If there was a test that determined if you are a shit writer, then the first question would be "Have you ever tried to use a monkey for comic relief?".