Unskippable: Resonance of Fate

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
G Skunk said:
As for how they survived the fall, I like to think ponytail guy set up a giant trampoline on his roof.
wouldn't that just launch them like 200 something miles back up?

I say the ground on that planet is made of jello. They fell into a dive, pierced the ground then they ate their way out.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
orangeapples said:
G Skunk said:
As for how they survived the fall, I like to think ponytail guy set up a giant trampoline on his roof.

I say the ground on that planet is made of jello. They fell into a dive, pierced the ground then they ate their way out.
it's a square enix game. Two words: Phoenix Down.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
It was tempting to call the lead character "wussy" looking but after 20 years it's lost more than just meaning... oh well, at least the context of the scene is messed up. I'm sure it will make sense after something like 20 or 30 hours into the game but for now...

WTF!?

G Skunk

Apr 19, 2010
orangeapples said:
Not if it follows the laws of Japanese video game physics.

Anyway, questioning the laws of physics seems a bit silly when discussing a game wherein it's commonplace for the lead characters to leap ten times their own height, flip through the air like gun-wielding pancakes, and launch enemies into the sky with ordinary bullets.

twaddle said:
it's a square enix game. Two words: Phoenix Down.
Actually, Resonance of Fate was made by tri-ace, a company which made games for Square Enix before, but this one they made for Sega. Think real, real hard before you say "what's the difference?"

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Phantom of the Opera reference at the beginning of the video. That was classy.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I really want to comment, but the only thing that comes to mind is "lolwut?"

My favourite instalments always seem to be jrpgs because usually they're so goddamn obscure they'd be amusing anyway. The commentary just makes them that much better.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Good episode, but I'm disappointed at the amount of people dismissing the game because of one cutscene.

G Skunk

Apr 19, 2010
Grayjack said:
Good episode, but I'm disappointed at the amount of people dismissing the game because of one cutscene.
To be honest, I also found myself rather impressed with many people's ability to judge the quality of a game based on nothing more than the opening cutscene, especially with the likelihood that they've never played/read about/heard of the game. They must be psychics or something.

More than a few times in my experience, I've come across some crappy games with great opening cutscenes and some great games preceded with five minutes of (what initially seems to be) inane gibberish. Resonance of Fate would fall into the catagory of the latter, for certain, though I must admit I'm a bit hesitant to call it a "great" game.

Sure, I love and adore every aspect about it from the complex, unique combat system to the odd, quirky characters but to say Resonance of Fate is a game for everyone would be far from the truth. The combat system can be quite demanding at times and perhaps it's best that most stick with the safety and familiarity of today's mainstream eight-hour hack-n-slash twitch shooters. Yes, I am being sarcastic.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
In its favor, that place DOES suit the name "chandelier" more than it suits a giant railgun...
(Ace Combat 6)

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I liked how it still made a bit of sense at the beginning...until they cleared the layer of clouds, that is DX

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Zakarath said:
In its favor, that place DOES suit the name "chandelier" more than it suits a giant railgun...
(Ace Combat 6)
oh wow...I really missed that one...thanks! :p

Hallo457

Aug 21, 2009
"Ha! You thought we were cutting to a different shot didn't you? But nope, still these two jackasses falling."

Hilarious, well done guys!

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Reminds me a bit of that scene near the beginning of FFIX, both the lead guy and what he was doing. Steiner arm flail!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Father Time said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Pirated Goods said:
Lol'd when they started having a conversation while falling to their deaths.
I real life an conversation while sky diving sounds like this.

(Wind blowing while to morons mouth about how the other forgot the parachutes)

See? Nothing.
$20 says you learned that from the mythbusters.
Grrrrr... (Pulls out a twenty and throws it at Father Time)