Unskippable: Sonic Unleashed

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Presumedly if he runs really fast he'll be able to reserve the spin of the planet and make time go backwards and fix everything? That's totally solid physics, right?

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
darian Nenith said:
Pretty good episode. I actually thought it was a pretty good cut scene. I don't understand why everyone hates the game, I've had loads of fun with it. Speed levels are awesome, and the were-hog levels are tolerable, if only because they're mostly platforming.
That's because they blindly believe everything that Yahtzee says.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Man... that voice sounds so familiar...

Dr. Robotnic: Gentlemen! I have genetically spliced the double-helix of a hedgehog with that of my roommate, Randall!

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
It is Robotnik. End of story.
Random Wanderer said:
Egg... man? EGG? MAN? What. The. Frak. At least "Dr. Robotnik" has a campy sort of charm to it.
I can't believe there are still people angry about this. Seriously, his name is Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik since 1999. In Japan he was always called Eggman.

Maxi-005

Jan 25, 2010
What's wrong with these villians? Why they always want to destroy the world? I'm curious
P.S.
Robotnik's Red Spaceship looks like a funfair... for Sonic :p

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Darkstar370 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Random Wanderer said:
Egg... man? EGG? MAN? What. The. Frak. At least "Dr. Robotnik" has a campy sort of charm to it.
I can't believe there are still people angry about this. Seriously, his name is Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik since 1999. In Japan he was always called Eggman.
Yes, well. Eggman sounds stupid. Is he attacking people with eggs or robots...or ROBOT EGGS?!

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Darkstar370 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Random Wanderer said:
Yes, well. Eggman sounds stupid. Is he attacking people with eggs or robots...or ROBOT EGGS?!
"Ivo" is the reverse of "ovi" which is the combining form of "ovum" meaning simply, egg.

darian Nenith

Nov 18, 2009
Darkstar370 said:
darian Nenith said:
Pretty good episode. I actually thought it was a pretty good cut scene. I don't understand why everyone hates the game, I've had loads of fun with it. Speed levels are awesome, and the were-hog levels are tolerable, if only because they're mostly platforming.
That's because they blindly believe everything that Yahtzee says.
Yes, good point. It's a shame, too, because the game has some incredibly fun levels, a couple of which even stand up to good old sonic adventure 2...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Darkstar370 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Darkstar370 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Random Wanderer said:
"Ivo" is the reverse of "ovi" which is the combining form of "ovum" meaning simply, egg.
Well, that makes sense. It's still really stupid, though.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Dr. Robotnik wins at the beginning of the game :)
lol, the tampon applicator of DOOM!

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
OK, despite all the griping about WHEN WILL SONIC DIE!??!? I actually want him to continue

NO! DON'T KILL ME, Let me explain!

I. Fecking. LOVE. ROBOTNIK (I'm with you on the Eggman thing, Paul)

He's AWESOME.

What makes this video AWESOME-ER is the fact that HE WON!

I shall now ignore EVERYTHING to do with Sonic subsequent to this video and assume Robotnik won and Sonic burnt horribly in the atmosphere.

I am now at peace with the furry blue bastard

JayDitto

Sep 3, 2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for being sonic fans. With the chili dog reference, the sonic song and calling eggman his real name. Ps. Knuckles is the best. I mean you could run as fast as sonic, climb and glide. I mean can you say pwn?

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I will be honest, I thought they were gonna go with a Tentacle Rape Monster joke instead of the Gaia thing. Still funnier than hell.

I love the DBZ references, That's what a friend of mine and I said playing Sonic 2 a few days ago.
This was probably the best one so far. I would almost pay $15 a week for these guys.

ThrashJazzAssassin

Jan 5, 2010
Good episode. To answer Graham's question, electric food mixers and space stations are made by the same company, so they keep cutting corners by employing a single design team to do both jobs.