Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Rycane_HHS

Apr 13, 2009
"You're both twelve!"

Very good jokes from all three. I enjoyed this thoroughly, like most of the Unskippables. Very funny humor making us laugh at the stupidity of some lines, while pointing at flaws and failures of other things in the (opening) video sequences.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
LOL this cracks me up!!!!! This is my favorite of all of them!!! Keep up the good work XD
"your both twelve!"
"It's a space nipple!"
"hurry up I'm bustin for a piss"
LOL my favorite lines

Harrow

Feb 16, 2009
Hiroshi Mishima said:
I know this is gonna sound weird.. but... what the HELL does Star Ocean have to do with Earth? If I recall the first two games right, there was NOTHING to do with Earth. Why did they have to go all Front Mission in Space on us like that?
This was supposed to be a prequel to the series.

Anyway, awesome review. I have only played this game once at a friends house, but it was for like 12 hours straight, so I do have some idea how it plays out, at least the beginning. I thought the game itself was good but the cut-scenes sucked. In one of ther early conversations, you are specifically told about a mission to explore a planet to see if its safe for human colonization. A quote is "we already checked it out with unmanned probes, and there weren't any large heat signatures, so you don't have to worry about any giant space bugs or anything, just plant". I accepted this as the makers of the game basically just saying "there most definantly ARE doing to be giant space bugs", and, sure enough, within minutes of your entire fleet crash landing, a giant space bug comes out of the forest and eats half of the crew (apparently there futuristic giant space guns couldn't hurt it, which is why throughout the entire game you use swords and bows instead of... well giant space lasers. although, even though you stop fighting these things after half an hour, you never get new giant space lasers to use on all the other monsters). the main character grabs a laser sword placed convieniently on the ground, yells "I'm taking one of those legs home with me" and cuts off one of its legs. later, you are sent to find another ship the crash landed. The last surviving cre member, crawls up to you, tells you about a meterite ssample they found that they brought back for study that turned them all into monsters that started killing each other, and to stay away from it. Then a black mist comes from the ship and turns him into a boss. after killing it, it disapers into black mist, leasving only a small rock. The make character picks it up, and says "this looks like a piece of a meteorite, I think I'll take a sample back to the base for study". It's just really hard to not root for the evil monsters when the great heroes act like that.

HAZEANDHALO

Apr 16, 2009
Quantum of solace was mine

LOL

Ow. I really have to stop taking pictures of bond with those gun-shaped camra lenses!

Jasper Kazai

Dec 8, 2007
How weird. I decided to watch this for the first time today, and there was a reference in this video that I only just learned last week. Near the beginning when it shows the missiles going to parts of the map and one of the guys say "what a strange game... the only way to win is not to play", that's a reference to the movie WarGames, which I only just saw for the first time last week. It's such an obscure reference, and to see it so soon after watching the movie, it was weird.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Yahtzee was hilarious, he always strikes when the enemy is vulnerable.

I rented this game last night and it seems decent.

DeadStar67

Jul 10, 2009
LOL
"See ya later, small straight."
"What?"
"Ugh... OK, in the game of Yahtzee, a small straight is when 4 dice of the same kind line up."
"Oh, really? I think I gave his mother a small straight last night. AND SHE LOVED IT."

Taco of flames

May 30, 2009
That was the first, and only, time that a "your mom" joke made me laugh like that. Bring in guests more often.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
They should do another one of these with Yahtzee.

CantFaketheFunk said:
Yegargeburble said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Hilarious.

God, I hated this game.
If I may ask, why did you hate it? (Never played it myself)
Because it's not very good [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/5897-Review-Star-Ocean-The-Last-Hope].
Also what is your avatar supposed to be?

Also, Also necromancy is unintentional, they should add an option to write on a forum without bumping it.

jordanwb

Apr 19, 2010
I loved this one. Question, was the statement that Commander Kenny (those bastards!) made at 6:00 an insult basically saying "I have better things to do with my time"? Cuz I don't understand the iceburn.

Necroposting the hell out of this thread.