Unskippable: Star Wars The Old Republic

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Star Wars The Old Republic

This is what happens when you release your entire intro. Graham and Paul get ahold of it.

Watch Video

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
Why must every single Star Wars game reuse the same John Williams scores from the movies? There's a million Star Wars games already and only 8 hours of music between them.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
hot boxing a spaceship?
that would be pretty kick ass!
hilarious episode.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
What was the point of that in an MMO? KOTOR 3 sure but why in an MMO? Surely a movie style text crawl could of done the job for $5,000,000 less.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ha it's so true about the double light saber. I guess they must of got sick of them or no longer in fashion/ style during episodes 4-6.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Great episode.

Off topic: I hate how these movies have become one giant cliche. Flippy spinny lightsaber battle. I'm relatively sure that same trooper without the helmet was in the second old republic trailer we saw, with the same gatling laser type gun. And, why are all the Jedi only one single character?

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
"yeah it's like a redshirt changing into a cardigan!"

I have no idea why but I LOVE that line.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
Baresark said:
Great episode.

Off topic: I hate how these movies have become one giant cliche. Flippy spinny lightsaber battle. I'm relatively sure that same trooper without the helmet was in the second old republic trailer we saw, with the same gatling laser type gun. And, why are all the Jedi only one single character?
There's a TV show in the pipeline every week the same tired cliche

darksaber64x

Aug 15, 2008
Ha, kind of neat that you're able to do this for a game that doesn't even have a release date yet.

The cowboy hat and duster really were a bit over-the-top, but they made non-han-solo just so damn cool I can let it slid.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
While that cinematic may have been terribly cliche and completely wasted on an MMO, that was still pretty awesome. Three lightsabers for the ridiculous win, followed shortly after by a loss because you can't beat a Sith trainee. Everyone knows the master is the weak one.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
That was hilarious guys. The commentary was some of the best I've heard you do. On a serious note though, the cost of this game was nowhere near the 200 million expressed by EA Louse (who was summarily proved to be a hoax). Just a tidbit so your not spreading disingenuous info.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
...dissing SW about a space cowboy, when the Jedi is more than a copy of a samurai...we've passed the whole "this is a space version of something" way long ago. :)

Still cool episode, the game will more than likely crash and burn (not actually in numbers, but just in a sense that it's questionable wheter it'll be profitable), if only they made a movie like this and released it, I think it would've saved everybody a whole heap of trouble.

Gammaj4

Nov 18, 2009
Okay, does it make sense to anyone that a man who has trained his whole life in the art of the single lightsaber can suddenly DUAL WIELD with a DOUBLE SIDED LIGHTSABER.

Cause that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

But yeah, great episode, as usual.

CptRumGuy

Jul 31, 2008
Littleman64 said:
Keith K said:
Why must every single Star Wars game reuse the same John Williams scores from the movies? There's a million Star Wars games already and only 8 hours of music between them.
Wow. I never really thought about that before. Now I see how sad it really is.
What's even sadder is that 8 hours is being very generous. Could probably listen to all of it on a quick plane ride.

OT: Also loved the cardigan line. And yeah, those were my thoughts when I first saw this trailer: Isn't this an MMO? What is the point of this?

anian

Sep 10, 2008
Gammaj4 said:
Okay, does it make sense to anyone that a man who has trained his whole life in the art of the single lightsaber can suddenly DUAL WIELD with a DOUBLE SIDED LIGHTSABER.

Cause that doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
If you chop of your ear once, you get careful quickly.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
anian said:
...dissing SW about a space cowboy, when the Jedi is more than a copy of a samurai...we've passed the whole "this is a space version of something" way long ago. :)

Still cool episode, the game will more than likely crash and burn (not actually in numbers, but just in a sense that it's questionable wheter it'll be profitable), if only they made a movie like this and released it, I think it would've saved everybody a whole heap of trouble.
Yes, yes, A New Hope is pretty much George Lucas going all fanboy on Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

OT: Force Burn.
When you want to retort something so scorching that you must channel the life energy of the universe to do so effectively.