Unskippable: Tales of Xillia

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Tales of Xillia

Graham and Paul take us all the way up the stairs to see Tales of Xillia.

Watch Video

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, I'd also like to know where he came from and how he ended up on her magical water path.
"I dropped something."
You dropped something? On to her magical water path thing? Riiiiiiiiight...

feha

Mar 19, 2011
So anyone who could tell me how he ended up on her water-walkway from picking something up after being in a rush?

Damn ninja by a few seconds :p

Jan 12, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah, I'd also like to know where he came from and how he ended up on her magical water path.
"I dropped something."
He dropped something off the bridge, saw it was still on the surface of the water on a magical floating path beside a scantily clad girl with ridiculous hair breaking into a tree lab, and realised that one way or another he was going to get involved in the story. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheoryOfNarrativeCausality]

OT: Can we get LRR to do a full anime series? Something short, only a few episodes, but you rip them apart entirely. We'll tithe our hats to you for eternity.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I think they just misspelled "cilia". You know, those Japanese ? they can't spell. It will turn out, the girl is covered in them. That's how she walks on water.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."
He dropped something off the bridge, saw it was still on the surface of the water on a magical floating path beside a scantily clad girl with ridiculous hair breaking into a tree lab, and realised that one way or another he was going to get involved in the story. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheoryOfNarrativeCausality]

OT: Can we get LRR to do a full anime series? Something short, only a few episodes, but you rip them apart entirely. We'll tithe our hats to you for eternity.
Dropped it off a bridge? What bridge? They were nowhere near a bridge. Although I'll buy the Narrative Causality thing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
so wait, there was a game in this anime? How novel!

Don Reba said:
I think they just misspelled "cilia". You know, those Japanese ? they can't spell. It will turn out, the girl is covered in them. That's how she walks on water.
Linkara has a better explanation:

Jan 12, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

Dropped it off a bridge? What bridge? They were nowhere near a bridge. Although I'll buy the Narrative Causality thing.
At 4:32, you can see Cowlick girl walking on magic pads towards a bridge over the river, and at 4:43 (when she gets to the lab) the bridge is behind her. You can see the supports when the Mystery Guy is introduced.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

At 4:32, you can see Cowlick girl walking on magic pads towards a bridge over the river, and at 4:43 (when she gets to the lab) the bridge is behind her. You can see the supports when the Mystery Guy is introduced.
Yes I see the bridges, but they're nowhere near any of them. And ok say she walked under that one bridge, mystery guy still didn't appear until she was already at the lab. I would think if he's jumped off of the bridge onto the magical walkway she'd have noticed him before she got to the lab.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

Yes I see the bridges, but they're nowhere near any of them. And ok say she walked under that one bridge, mystery guy still didn't appear until she was already at the lab. I would think if he's jumped off of the bridge onto the magical walkway she'd have noticed him before she got to the lab.
In the game when you (the guy) walk over to that area the bridge is right next to, and leads to, the lab and there is an access staircase to the water below the bridge. Her magical walkway goes right next to the access staircase.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

In the game when you (the guy) walk over to that area the bridge is right next to, and leads to, the lab and there is an access staircase to the water below the bridge. Her magical walkway goes right next to the access staircase.
Ok, but you can't see that in the cutscene.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

You are correct. In the game you can choose either to have the boy or the girl as your main character, and if you pick the boy you get a lot more background for the setting of where all that is taking place.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

You are correct. In the game you can choose either to have the boy or the girl as your main character, and if you pick the boy you get a lot more background for the setting of where all that is taking place.
So is this the cutscene from picking the girl then?

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

Yup, picking either one gives you their points of view through the story. (Note: I'm on an ultra shitty laptop right now that couldn't handle playing the video at more than 5 frames a second, but I'm 95% sure they were watching her opening cutscene.)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

Yup, picking either one gives you their points of view through the story. (Note: I'm on an ultra shitty laptop right now that couldn't handle playing the video at more than 5 frames a second, but I'm 95% sure they were watching her opening cutscene.)
Wonder it we're getting his opening cutscene next week. ...probably not.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

Probably not, if I remember correctly his opening doesn't have a cutscene and instead lets you walk around for a little bit as you learn about his job/life/how he got to that point (The girls background is intentionally way more mysterious. Also, the boy was the first one I played so I remember way less about his opening so I might be way off on if he gets an opening cutscene or not.)

FPLOON

Your #1 Source for the Dino Porn
Jul 10, 2013
"This is not wheelchair accessible..." (in reference to the stairs)
*thinks about a scene later on in the game*
...I laughed harder than I needed to after hearing that...

Also, that whole scene with the "blond chick" (Millia) and the "dropped something dude" (Jude) made more sense if you started playing the game as the dude himself... I now feel sorry for those that choose to play her first, though...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

Probably not, if I remember correctly his opening doesn't have a cutscene and instead lets you walk around for a little bit as you learn about his job/life/how he got to that point (The girls background is intentionally way more mysterious. Also, the boy was the first one I played so I remember way less about his opening so I might be way off on if he gets an opening cutscene or not.)
Regardless I don't know if Graham and Paul want to do any more of this game. Although they have done more than one episode of worse games' cutscenes. Actually this game wasn't all that bad.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
Furioso said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
canadamus_prime said:
"I dropped something."

Regardless I don't know if Graham and Paul want to do any more of this game. Although they have done more than one episode of worse games' cutscenes. Actually this game wasn't all that bad.
It's actually a really fantastic JRPG, unfortunately this is just an awkward introductory cutscene to have for the girl character.