Unskippable: X-Blades

Mike Lemmer

Apr 7, 2009
In a better game, the lion wins. You spend the rest of the game playing as the lion as he tries to repair the damage and stop all the other stupid idiots getting cursed trying to take advantage of it.

WhichDoctor

Feb 17, 2009
"Paris Hilton, treasure hunter"

"What part of Fatal to humans don't you understand?"

Grate stuff, Hilarius!

Nomz

Dec 10, 2008
YAY Lara Croft!
Man, Lara Croft could so totally beat her!
Awesome video! Thanks : )

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I saw a video of X-Blades back before it was released commercially in America. Even back then, it was pretty obvious how horrible and unbalanced the gameplay was. And the cutscenes... Eugh.

Good episode, though. Not as good as some of the others (like RE5 and Oni 3), but good. Gooo lion! I think we can all agree the game would have been better if the lion ripped her apart, ate her, then went on to become the hero of his own game, which would probably involve hunting down the fantasy RPG world equivalent of Zebras and Gazelles. I'd play that game.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I liked the game...A rather fun hack and slash, imo.

Nice quick rental that's over in a few hours.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
I am a treasure hunter and frankly im the best there is

Damn what a cocky stupid unlikable *****

P.S I hope the lion wins and kills that annoying prep

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
In some parts this one came off a bit weak. Maybe it's just all this grunting and panting (were the creators of this travesty trying to emulate anime or something like that?) that's putting me off, half of the video makes it seem like it's the only form of communication\expression for the characters in this game, and although you've lampshaded these moments pretty well, I believe some of it's comedy potential was still left untapped. Or was that simply a stab at a more subtle form of humor? I'm the kind of person that wouldn't notice subtlety if it rammed me at 200mph.

[EDIT]
X-Blades left an unpleasant aftertaste, that's probably it. The Unskippable itself was good.

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
That cutscene was so terrible, it fell right off the end of laughably awful into the pit of despair. It was distracting enough that I missed most of the humor. Or maybe there wasn't any there to begin with -- I'm not quite sure.

HectorTheLamerGamer

May 21, 2008
"Hasn't she seen Hellraiser?"

Why couldn't it have been the box from THAT series? We could've gotten the satisfaction of seeing this horrendous character getting ripped to shreds. The cut scene might have actually been interesting then.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
this film clip makes me want to stab the game maker in the eye

when will game makers realize that they should have well written stories and actors not prostitutes that they picked up to voice a few lines

btw i would never pick up anything floating by its self unless i poked it with a stick first

tjb32995

Apr 7, 2009
ya but then you wouldn't get to meet wolf the "this box's power is fatal to humans... because i eat them if they touch it" man
*edit* er ok its a wolf

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Yyyyaaayyyy Lion that made me laugh. And where the hell is my hyper advanced tetris i just got the original one. : (