Unskippable: Zoids Assault

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Jimmy_shredshot said:
"METAL GEAR!" That caught me completely by surprise :D
And it was awesome!

Catkid906 said:
Damn that game looks TERRIBLE!

Calumon: I thought the three year war would go on for 5 years, 8 tops!
[sub]The Hundred Years' War went on from 1337 to 1453[/sub]

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
This wasn't a real courtroom. In a real one Pheonix would stand up and shout objection!
...I was waiting for a Pheonix Wright joke... Seriously though, 2:10 before any sound in the damn cutscene and all was like blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, geez

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Ok, watching that made long for a JRPG, I had no fucking idea what was happening. Fuck all happened in this video. JRPGs are better than this and that's saying something. It was so bland that all the jokes that Paul and Graham made weren't funny at all.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Haha, I think Ben Stein would be an improvement to that cutscene. "Wow."

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
webrunner said:
Wait.. isn't zoids about giant animal-shaped robots? And not about military courts?
you are correct... and the premis while being kind of childish still had it's real interest in me, yet where ever I look I find nothing but half-assed products anywhere to the franchise.

I have seen an early trailer for the game a while ago and I was hooked as I really liked the "simple", turnbased gameplay, reminiscent of what I had in the first Frontmission on the SNES but once again, are they actually even TRYING? Like, AT ALL?!

The Cartoons (I have seen 2 of some seasons), relatively okay and enjoyable, not much annoying, some humor but the animation and the stories were lacking to no end and at times plotholes you could drive a damn tanker-ship through left me wanting to smack the idiots that churned it out half-finished.

And now this game starting to look like a mini-budget title like the Onechambara games were originally in Japan before they milked the rest of the world with 40 bucks + 20 dollar DLCs.

I swear, the gameplay better be solid...

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
JEBWrench said:
Catkid906 said:

You get the Joke! Huzzah!

Calumon: What joke? Huh? What Joke? Jack! What Joke?

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
JEBWrench said:
Jimmy_shredshot said:
"METAL GEAR!" That caught me completely by surprise :D
And it was awesome!

Catkid906 said:

Well there was something like 10 years of peace in between...

And yeah the cutscene was bad. Very bad. METAL GEAR?!?!

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
I dread to imagine what the opening was like if what followed was that boring.

Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
JaredXE said:
So where were the Zoids?

LIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what I was thinking. How in the hell can something based off of Zoids be so damn boring?

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
'oly 'ell...

If the bit they used for the cutscene was THIS bad... I can't imagine how bad the part they didn't show us was.

o_O

Rheyvin

Feb 4, 2010
Considering that this is probably one of the worst cutscenes they've done... they handled it quite well. I certainly found it funny.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Oh my god, that was the worst intro of any game, ever. (...I think. I might change my mind later.)

I seriously think nobody watched that while in-production. Ever. If they had pulled in a person from the street and told them nothing but to just watch this intro sequence and give their impressions about it, I bet that person would say "What intro sequence? That was just still pictures fading, some text I was completely uninterested in and some girl going blah-blah-blah. Seriously. What intro sequence?"