Unskippable: Zoids Assault

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
"Did you just put a book into the 360?"

LOL. This game looks so dull. I dont remember zoids being that boring

Flame Rider

Apr 5, 2010
Urgh.
I wasn't even Watching that cutscene for about an entire half of it.
Because it's not so much of a cutscene as it is some sort of audio tape while you look at some related game art.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Next paper... next paper... xD Wow thats a lot of reading.

Btw that was an awesome "Metal Gear" voice ^-^

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Man I felt bad for Graham and Paul to have to actually sit down and work with this cutscene to present it to the public. I think for anyone who is a reviewer for games should just show the opening cut scene here. It speaks louder than anything anyone could say about it =\

Tsrwedge said:
Was that Graham that said Metal Gear or was that soundboarded in?
That was Graham. He should be hired to play the part xD

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I'm not going to lie - that sent me to sleep such was the incredible dullness of the flat monatona....zzzzzz

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVvmQVnpNw
UGH the game looks hideous. It's like Front Mission, which was actually awesome (but old as dirt), only more confusing and with KITTY MECHA. Dear god...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Yeah, remember when Zoids was about giant animal-shaped mechs beating the shit out of each other as a sport? Wasn't that boring? Hey, I know what'd make it fun, let's make a game about it where it's a defector trial! Damn we're good at our jobs!

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
RedFox042 said:
Next up Ben Stein read Droning Russian Folk songs!
Is it just me, or is that a reference to a LRR video (specifically, Ways to Fall Asleep)? OHMYGOD, before you know it, we'll be seeing Unskippable footage during ENN!

Bowiesgirl said:
I love the self (LRR) reference with the Ben Stein barb :)
Ahh, I wasn't the only one to catch that!

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
"Oh I get it, theyre all standing still and she's talking telepathically"

the video photo album seems to make so much more sense after that :p

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
who thought like 5 newspaper articles, a sideshow, and a droning monotone voice deliver exposition were good things for an opining cut scene. You sirs might have just found the most boring opining cut scene in videogame history, at least in eternal sonata you have pretty things to look at while you are bored.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Seneschal said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVvmQVnpNw
UGH the game looks hideous. It's like Front Mission, which was actually awesome (but old as dirt), only more confusing and with KITTY MECHA. Dear god...
I asked the same thing as the guy in the video when I watched that.

"What the hell just happened?"

That and wow that really sets me back, they used an Alarm sound half way through in that video that was a sound affect to a sega CD game back in the day... Wow....

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Hands down worst intro ever!
You guys did the best you could, but this wreck is beyond repair.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
That was dull as hell. The game opener, not the video itself. Thanks for spicing up this laborious opening, fellas.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
"Aww, you say that to all the guys" *giggles uncontrollably*
And yay for Ben Stein reading droning folk songs of Russia!
Wow, that cutscene looks... *really* boring. I don't think I've seen that much text in a cut scene since Planescape: Torment (except that one had *awesome* texts...)

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
For what its worth, I always loathed the entire Zoids franchise. It was/still is easily the worst series of mecha anime I've ever seen.