Update: Beta Tester Leaks Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay Footage

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Costia said:
To me it feels kinda weird that an article is posted based on someone breaking the NDA.
If it were a leak by one of the employees, i would say it's their fault.
But this is basically relies on stolen content.
It does get a lot of views, and it is important to the gaming community, but it still feels kinda wrong to me.
Thank you!

Why are we supporting this douchebag at all? Shouldn't be we shunning him/her and their cheap opportunistic nature? Aren't these the kind of people we should be dumping on, not glorifying? I know we're all curious about the game, painfully so, but we should rely on the company to give up the goods instead of giving more attention to a parasite.

Of course, it would be great if we, the potential customers, could point out what's wrong early in the cycle and thereby improve the game. I'd love it if companies did this instead of keeping everything tight-lipped until after the game has been completed and shipped. That said, it should be their choice. It's their baby, not this beta tester's. It's in closed beta now; it's too late to make 99.9% of the changes you could ask for anyway.

That said, it doesn't look like it's going to be very good, from the impression people are giving off...

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
weirdguy said:
it's a bit of one and a good chunk of the other

while early on in beta is no real indication, by the late stages of the beta, if they don't got their shit together, people mass abandon it like tabula rasa
Release date: 2013 - 5 year development cycle - Early Beta

Sounds legit. Chances are that They will announce the official date at E3 for Q4 and quite frankly it's too late for any drastic changes in the game when it ships.

Melroc

Apr 25, 2013
Anyone who says "wow clone" clearly never played an MMO other than or prior to WoW. WoW was nothing new. It took the good ideas of several mmos, polished them, and put it out in an extremely well done game (played beta and still play)

Oh man, an mmo where you run around and do random crap for random npcs?! WOW CLONE. Its the way mmos are, get more experience in the genre before you complain. Editors of the escapist should edit your post.

Melroc

Apr 25, 2013
and, I am NOT trolling with this, for those of you who happen upon these comments and are not experienced in the mmo world... FEAR NOT! Every MMO had blind hate and disappointment like this thread, dont take anything anyone says seriously and wait for release. Us MMO gamers are very demanding and some of our group to an incredibly naive level, its embarrassing but thats the way it is.