UPDATE: Bungie: Call of Duty Conversation "Might Come Up"

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
I think a COD from Activision and Bungie might turn out alright. It would OBVIOUSLY get a shitload of press and hype from both Halo and COD fans. I think it would work.
Doomsday11 said:
Joshimodo said:
Doomsday11 said:
please god no...just no

Assassin Xaero said:
Umm... how? Halo pretty much is just CoD in space...
you take that back right now COD is/was a good/excellent game halo was a average FPS with a generic hero and a plot that was effectivly copy pasted from warhammer 0k
CoD was a generic brown-a-thon featuring zero innovation.

Halo, while also generic in gameplay and visual features, had a lot of innovation, especially for console FPS games.

Also, 40k? Do you actually know what 40k is?
Also COD while it may be generic in your eyes,still was refined to such a standard that even yahtzee could only find minor nitpick with it.
Also on the halo front innovation just go look at yahtzees zp on halo 3 too see just how little inovation there was and all invoarion there actually was just made it worse.
As for 40k lets compare stories shall we in the future a large number of planets are run by a secret evil dictatership(read the halo novels)that secretly kidnapps children to induct them into a secret organisation of supersoilder's wearing power armour sounding designed to combat humanity itself and any uprising agaist the dictartership(space marines were sent during the great crusades to both reclaim humanity and make sure it followed the emperour)Is attacked by a hyper advanced alien race(ok that I will give you happens in many sci-fi stories)on a religous crusade looking for holy artifacts belonging to there long dead ancesters(so religous nuts looking for long lost technolgy that happens to be super advanced even though its thousands of years old sounds like STC's from 40k to me)
Finally the covenant attack is basicly the horus hersey san's the awersomness also if you still dont believe me try this chart:
Brutes - Orks more specificly the boyz phycally stronger than an human has low interlect enjoys mindless violence uses hammers
Elites - Elder hyper advanced warrior culture which uses swords and is incredibly gracful wears ornate armour
Jackles - Tau phsycily weak but are amazing snipers use long range rifles
Grunts - Grots
Flood - Tyranids
Spartans - Space marines
USMC - Imperial guard
Guilty spark - Necron's
Are you seriously taking a COMIC'S review of a video game seriously... You do realize he does those videos to be funny right. He is a hardass in all of those reviews because it's FUNNY! It's ENTERTAINING! You will get a CHUCKLE or two. If you want a real review then go to Metacritic or something. Also if it weren't for Halo, Xbox LIVE wouldn't be the hit that it is. Call of Duty was bland and, honestly, not very fun. Sure the first MW was good but the second one was mediocre at best. The multiplayer maps are so one-sided that half the time it's like being trapped in a corner with no route of escape. And there are so many glitchers and hackers you can't fucking MOVE!

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
COD is essentially Halo in a different time zone, both are run and gun twitch/camp fests with horrible online communities (racists, screamings kids, etc)

Halo 4 modern combat 2/COD3 ODST is all I see

this however would be a good thing for the rest of the gaming world, as they will be safe to play every other game with friendly like minded people, as all the idiots will be in the giant COD/Halo Creche

so it gets my thumbs up!

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Doomsday11 said:
As for 40k lets compare stories shall we in the future a large number of planets are run by a secret evil dictatership(read the halo novels)that secretly kidnapps children to induct them into a secret organisation of supersoilder's wearing power armour sounding designed to combat humanity itself and any uprising agaist the dictartership(space marines were sent during the great crusades to both reclaim humanity and make sure it followed the emperour)Is attacked by a hyper advanced alien race(ok that I will give you happens in many sci-fi stories)on a religous crusade looking for holy artifacts belonging to there long dead ancesters(so religous nuts looking for long lost technolgy that happens to be super advanced even though its thousands of years old sounds like STC's from 40k to me)
Finally the covenant attack is basicly the horus hersey san's the awersomness also if you still dont believe me try this chart:
Brutes - Orks more specificly the boyz phycally stronger than an human has low interlect enjoys mindless violence uses hammers
Elites - Elder hyper advanced warrior culture which uses swords and is incredibly gracful wears ornate armour
Grunts - Grots
Flood - Tyranids
Spartans - Space marines
USMC - Imperial guard
Guilty spark - Necron's
Ok someone is gripping at straws here, the ones I have in bold make no sense at all, the one I underlined would make sense if space marines weren't as generic as they are, oh and if the backstory was in any way similar.

L-J-F

Jun 22, 2008
dududf said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I take it you haven't played either, as the graphics, controls, play style, movement, story, and level of (well lack of) realism are very different.

I don't know how you think Halo=Call of duty. They are different games, and both are good (or at least not that mediocre) in what they do.quote]

Probably not being litteral there, I think he means they are like each other - both popular, generic money-making machines with no soul ... :D

Doomsday11

Apr 15, 2010
halo3rulzer said:
I think a COD from Activision and Bungie might turn out alright. It would OBVIOUSLY get a shitload of press and hype from both Halo and COD fans. I think it would work.
Doomsday11 said:
Joshimodo said:
Doomsday11 said:
please god no...just no

Assassin Xaero said:
you take that back right now COD is/was a good/excellent game halo was a average FPS with a generic hero and a plot that was effectivly copy pasted from warhammer 0k
CoD was a generic brown-a-thon featuring zero innovation.

Halo, while also generic in gameplay and visual features, had a lot of innovation, especially for console FPS games.

Also, 40k? Do you actually know what 40k is?
Also COD while it may be generic in your eyes,still was refined to such a standard that even yahtzee could only find minor nitpick with it.
Also on the halo front innovation just go look at yahtzees zp on halo 3 too see just how little inovation there was and all invoarion there actually was just made it worse.
Grunts - Grots
Flood - Tyranids
Spartans - Space marines
USMC - Imperial guard
Guilty spark - Necron's
Are you seriously taking a COMIC'S review of a video game seriously... You do realize he does those videos to be funny right. He is a hardass in all of those reviews because it's FUNNY! It's ENTERTAINING! You will get a CHUCKLE or two. If you want a real review then go to Metacritic or something. Also if it weren't for Halo, Xbox LIVE wouldn't be the hit that it is. Call of Duty was bland and, honestly, not very fun. Sure the first MW was good but the second one was mediocre at best. The multiplayer maps are so one-sided that half the time it's like being trapped in a corner with no route of escape. And there are so many glitchers and hackers you can't fucking MOVE!
Firstly while yes yahtzee does make those reviews for fun he does have some legitimate points if you think yahtzee only does the reviews for laughs go check out the extra punctuation column.
Also I would take your opinion more seriously if you user name wasn't halo3rulzer also halo was generic it added little to gaming as a whole and in my opinion was crap,however everyone is entitled to there opinion but just because you have one doesn't make your right.
One last thing why would I care if xbox live wasn't the hit that it is now?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
L-J-F said:
dududf said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I take it you haven't played either, as the graphics, controls, play style, movement, story, and level of (well lack of) realism are very different.

I don't know how you think Halo=Call of duty. They are different games, and both are good (or at least not that mediocre) in what they do.quote]

Probably not being litteral there, I think he means they are like each other - both popular, generic money-making machines with no soul ... :D
No he ended up quoting me back saying they are the same, minus story.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Vault boy Eddie said:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - now from the makers of Halo. The sheer amount of sheeple between both camps would make it the best selling thing in history.
it would also make things VERY awkward for the flame wars from both sides hahaha

I definitely side with Halo, but I've played and thoroughly enjoy Modern Warfare as well, so I hate seeing all fanboys fighting =/

and people need to stop calling games "mediocre" because it's a bit vague
(instead, name a game that you love that you think isn't mediocre so then people can counter your argument with what is hopefully an educated and civilized debate haha)

ENKC

May 3, 2010
So we've made a news story out of someone saying that something definitely won't happen?

Even with the Infinity Ward meltdown, Bungie can GTFO my CoD. And it seems they have no intentions to the contrary.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
John Funk said:
Or what about Guitar Halo, eh? Eh??
John Funk, ladies and gentlemen!

As long as I can have a playable Master Cheif in my CoD, or use a laser rifle thing to shoot down harriers, I'm all for it. No, I'm kidding, it's a horrible idea. This is all just filler anyways as I could not let Mr. Funk's joke go unsold.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
soapyshooter said:
if CoD 3's box says Bungie on it...that game will be the most biggest money making machine in the history of man surpassing the printers at the Department of Treasuries around the world
You mean CoD 7. CoD 3 has been out for years and was made by Treyarch.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
AC10 said:
soapyshooter said:
if CoD 3's box says Bungie on it...that game will be the most biggest money making machine in the history of man surpassing the printers at the Department of Treasuries around the world
You mean CoD 7. CoD 3 has been out for years and was made by Treyarch.
I meant CoD MW3. The CoD fanboys actually care about. Should've been more clear. haha

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Sporky111 said:
I'm more interested in Master Chief being a playable character in the next Guitar Hero.

...What? At least they wouldn't have to deal with Courtney Love.
lol with the gravity hammer and energy sword being guitars XD