UPDATE: Kojima's Next Game: "5" or "S"?

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
CantFaketheFunk said:
Nico4 said:
either MGS5 or Project S (Snatcher). I can't see how Xbox fans can make it seem like it'll be on the Xbox though
You underestimate them.
We have a lab set up for this kind of thing :p

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Can't be a 5. I'm willing to bet it's a re-release of MGS4. And if that's the case,

Hello MGS4 on Xbox 360!

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
5 is too obvious, now that I think about it.

You think HIDEO would really be that heavy-handed? The S/5 is probably going to break apart over the next few days and then rearrange itself into the shape of a duck, which Kojima will then ride.

Vim-Hogar

Sep 2, 2008
So, where does that countdown put us... let's see, looks like Thursday, May 21 at 8:00 PM CDT (Central Daylight Time, which should be UTC -5). Should be an interesting week...

Not Good

Sep 17, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Perhaps it's all an elaborate Skittles viral ad campaign. Once the timer is done, a rainbow will appear and shower the countryside with fruity goodness.
Metal Gear the rainbow, Taste the rainbow.

Utarefson

Apr 15, 2009
I'm not so excited about this one, mainly because i never liked Kojimas work, even though mgs 1 was nice, and he had some nice ideas in other games (the light sensor thing in boktai for example)

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Not Good said:
Lord_Panzer said:
Perhaps it's all an elaborate Skittles viral ad campaign. Once the timer is done, a rainbow will appear and shower the countryside with fruity goodness.
Metal Gear the rainbow, Taste the rainbow.
Metal Gear Skittles. I think that solves it gentlemen. The flavors will be named after bosses. Pyscho Mantis Passionfruit.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
BAHAHAHA

Quote of the day.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
So it's either:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Tactical Espionage Action: Subtitle Starting with S
or
Metal Gear Solid 5

I really want it to be something to do with either Z.O.E or Snatcher, but that's probably like asking for Perfect Dark 2.

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
My money would have to be on an extended version of 4, let the S stand for Subsequence.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
S also stands for Swine flu. Better watch out guys. Anyway MGS5 here we come.

azadiscool

Dec 10, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
This.

+10 Imagination points

jh322

May 14, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
So it's either:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Tactical Espionage Action: Subtitle Starting with S
or
Metal Gear Solid 5

I really want it to be something to do with either Z.O.E or Snatcher, but that's probably like asking for Perfect Dark 2.
Or Duke Nukem Forever.

As a big Kojima and MGS fan, I can't help but think this is a 5, and running along with the lightning/raiden theory does fit into the groove we speculatively made about the next game being something to do with raiden between mgs 2 and 4. Also, the picture of raiden at the end of kojima's keynote earlier this year (at GDC 09 i believe, but that might be my bad memory).

I'll look forward to finding out more, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet. Unless they've been secretly working on it for a long time (definately kojima's style...) then I wouldn't expect anything till at least the back end of 2010, if not early 2011.

As long as they replace the cardboard box/drum can with a duck to ride as an unlockable extra...I'm happy

EDIT: I don't recall there ever being this much hype for the subsistence-type releases anyway. It's either a re-release on the xbox (doubtful...sony would pay hand over fist to keep the franchise), a sequel, or an unrelated game. I doubt the latter though, as kojima is using his fox-hound-like logo at the bottom of the page...

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Oooh spooky. My bet is the MGS4 remake. Too soon to announce the next one.

EDIT: I would like a 360 version, if it were possible.