UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

AD-Stu

New member
Oct 13, 2011
1,287
0
0
The Cool Kid said:
Elamdri said:
I think Mass Effect 3 is honestly some of the best multiplayer that I have played in quite a long time. It's challenging, it's dynamic, you need to use teamwork to succeed, and so many of the design decisions add depth to the combat.
And sadly that is why it will suck. Most 17 year old neck-bearded Rambo's don't want to work as a team, just look at almost every FPS on the market, even RTS'.
Actually, my experience with the demo has been surprisingly good in that respect - people seem to learn pretty quickly that if they run off on their own then they get whacked pretty much every time, so a lot of people really are working together. Maybe it's an early adopter grace period or something but so far it seems to be working.

What's not working quite so well is the automated matchmaking with respect to creating balanced teams - last night I was playing as an Adept and got matched with three Vanguards, for example. We still did fine, but the idea of mixing tech, damage dealing, debuffing, etc isn't really working at this stage.
 

anthony87

New member
Aug 13, 2009
3,727
0
0
AD-Stu said:
What's not working quite so well is the automated matchmaking with respect to creating balanced teams - last night I was playing as an Adept and got matched with three Vanguards, for example. We still did fine, but the idea of mixing tech, damage dealing, debuffing, etc isn't really working at this stage.
See this is something I've been wondering myself recently. Is there something that determines the number of a certain race/class on a team? Ever since I've started playing I've yet to see another Krogan on the same team as me.
 

TheKruzdawg

New member
Apr 28, 2010
870
0
0
AD-Stu said:
What's not working quite so well is the automated matchmaking with respect to creating balanced teams - last night I was playing as an Adept and got matched with three Vanguards, for example. We still did fine, but the idea of mixing tech, damage dealing, debuffing, etc isn't really working at this stage.
I've had some of the same problems which not ending up in a diverse team. But I'm pretty sure that you can change your class prior to the start of match if you haven't said you're "ready" yet.
 

godofallu

New member
Jun 8, 2010
1,663
0
0
The Cool Kid said:
Elamdri said:
I think Mass Effect 3 is honestly some of the best multiplayer that I have played in quite a long time. It's challenging, it's dynamic, you need to use teamwork to succeed, and so many of the design decisions add depth to the combat.
And sadly that is why it will suck. Most 17 year old neck-bearded Rambo's don't want to work as a team, just look at almost every FPS on the market, even RTS'.
To be fair you don't need teamwork to succeed if your overleveled for the difficulty. My vanguard can solo bronze pretty easily considering he 1 shot kills the avenger mechs and everything else. Gains full shields back every 3 seconds when he charges ect.

I don't know if dynamic counts though. Its basically the same thing on both maps, and is far from original or refreshing. Still fun, but survival mode isn't very innovative.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Holy shit!

Vanguards are fucking insane!

Light load, a shotgun and an SMG so your powers recharge quickly. Biotic Charge, wait a few seconds, Nova, Biotic Charge to recharge your shield, Nova, rinse, repeat.

I fucking love this game's multiplayer, and I was firmly in the 'oh great, tacked on multiplayer' camp.

I'm so glad I was wrong.
 

j0frenzy

New member
Dec 26, 2008
958
0
0
Elamdri said:
sabercrusader said:
I have some incredibly bad luck with getting new races. I've only gotten two new races out of the many, many hours I've played the demo. The Krogan soldier, who, isn't bad but I don't really like him much. I also got the Turian Sentinel, who is pretty awesome so far.

I like the randomness of the packs, just not that it's so difficult to get a new race.
I've only gotten the Krogan solider so far.
Lucky you. I started playing a sentinel because all but one of my booster packs have just given me levels as a human female sentinel. I think I got up to level 5 or 6 for free. The one level I got that wasn't a human sentinel? A human soldier. Fantastic. From what I can tell, I have the internet's worst luck with these booster packs.
 

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
598
2
23
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy shit!

Vanguards are fucking insane!

Light load, a shotgun and an SMG so your powers recharge quickly. Biotic Charge, wait a few seconds, Nova, Biotic Charge to recharge your shield, Nova, rinse, repeat.

I fucking love this game's multiplayer, and I was firmly in the 'oh great, tacked on multiplayer' camp.

I'm so glad I was wrong.
Yeah, Vanguards are awesome. At the early waves on bronze you can practically solo the whole wave with good play. My female Vanguard is focusing on Charge and Fitness, with the aoe knockback on charge level 4, so I can charge into a group and just mow them down with my shotgun. Back up to reposition and recharge, and do it again.

And I agree on the multi. I was fully prepared to ignore it, but even with just two levels I am addicted.
 

Phlakes

+15 Dagger of Socks
Mar 25, 2010
4,282
0
0
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy shit!

Vanguards are fucking insane!

Light load, a shotgun and an SMG so your powers recharge quickly. Biotic Charge, wait a few seconds, Nova, Biotic Charge to recharge your shield, Nova, rinse, repeat.

I fucking love this game's multiplayer, and I was firmly in the 'oh great, tacked on multiplayer' camp.

I'm so glad I was wrong.
All of this. Barrier restoring Charge makes you unstoppable.

I also wasn't expecting to like it this much. I didn't think it would be terrible, but it's actually really entertaining.
 

ecoho

New member
Jun 16, 2010
2,093
0
0
Elamdri said:
Zeel said:
Nope. played it. Didn't find it entertaining at all. It was kind of easy and boring. Maybe my squadmates were just good, but it was terribly too easy. And terribly generic.
No surprises.
Did you try turning up the difficulty?
please dont feed the troll hes in everyone of these threads and i have yet to see him post anything with merrit.
OT: got to play a little on PC the demos outstanding as a whole and the multiplayers is very solid. Dam i may have to buy some xbox live time when i pick it up on launch..................
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Comic Sans said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy shit!

Vanguards are fucking insane!

Light load, a shotgun and an SMG so your powers recharge quickly. Biotic Charge, wait a few seconds, Nova, Biotic Charge to recharge your shield, Nova, rinse, repeat.

I fucking love this game's multiplayer, and I was firmly in the 'oh great, tacked on multiplayer' camp.

I'm so glad I was wrong.
Yeah, Vanguards are awesome. At the early waves on bronze you can practically solo the whole wave with good play. My female Vanguard is focusing on Charge and Fitness, with the aoe knockback on charge level 4, so I can charge into a group and just mow them down with my shotgun. Back up to reposition and recharge, and do it again.
They're certainly a high risk, high reward class.

Definately takes skill to use them properly, but if you can keep a rythm going and keep your momentum up, you can wipe out enemies like they're nothing.

I hate Phantoms, they're a pain to kill. But as a Vanguard?

[HEADING=1]Vanguard crush puny phantom![/HEADING]
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
JasonBurnout16 said:
Don't suppose the characters are at all customizeable apart from weapon loadout?
You can change the armour of characters pretty much like you can Shepard's amour in ME2.

Pick a main colour, pick a highlight colour (i.e., say you pick black as a main colour and red as a highlight colour, you armour will be red when the light reflects off of it).

Secondary colour is for clothing behind armour plates, straps, satchels etc.

Armour paterns, and the colour of the armour lights.

You can't change armour pieces, but you can make a relatively unique looking character.
 

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
12,010
0
41
Country
United States
Has anyone noticed that the color customization on certain characters is totally fucked? My Quarian Engineer pretty much has to use Black as her primary color, otherwise you can't even see its cloth pattern. Also most of the colors are far too bright.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
Zeel said:
erttheking said:
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
why am I not surprised about the response: OMG TROLL!!!

Put it to rest, wont you. It's such donkey piss. I dismiss any of your 'arguments' because it is so packed to the brim with fanaticism, it's like Bioware has their own special cult of gamers.

When it comes to multiplayer there isn't much else to say other than my opinion. When the other side is just going off about HOW SHINY AND SPECIAL IT IS AND OMG BIOWARE!! Do you guys honestly expect me to take that seriously? You guys are acting like a bunch of Justin Bieber fangirls at his concert. I can't take you seriously when the post is overflowing with bioware buttkiss. This is not a fault of mine, it's a fault of yours.

Finally, I already listed why I dislike the mulitplayer; generic, boring. You have to run around the whole freaking map looking for enemies. What is this? Hide and fucking seek? I thought this was horde mode, it feels like i'm playing peek-a-boo with Cerberus.

Plus dont get me started on crappy origins service. It sucks.
In your very first post here you said that bioware fans opinions dont matter.

As in you said that a people that like a certain thing do not have the right to the same amount of freedom of speech as you.

Logical conclusion = You are a cocksucker.
That is not what I said at all. There's a difference between Bioware Fans and Bioware FANBOYS.
Fanboys are those people over at BSN that defend everything Bioware does. Bioware could unleash a nuclear bomb and aslong as it doesn't hit them, the fanboys will defend it.

Lastly, your second sentence is completely nonsensical. I didn't say "you're a fanboy so don't speak". I said and i'm parphrasing here "you're a fanboy so you shouldn't speak" Huge bloody difference here. One implies freedom of speech is determined by how fanatical you are, the other believes fanboys have nothing of value to share, so thus their opinion should be void.
You are still implying that these fanboys opinion matters less then yours.

You are still trampling on their freedom of speech.

Logical conclusion = you are still a cocksucker.
I don't know how you keep coming to this conclusion. Slow down a second. I don't care IF they use their freedom of speech. I just think they are idiots.

And ofcourse I think my opinion matters more. Do you honestly think I go through life giving every opinion equal footing? Don't be absurd.
You think that your opinion matters more...well if you're using that logic, why should anyone care about anything that you have to say?
Because I can construct a reasonable argument. Not some silly strung together fanboy spazz out. It's not about just "believing" in my opinion. I present a strong case, any 'reasonable' person can accept it or not. They can also challenge it, if they want. Instead of you guys doing any of that, you've fell back to the tired old 'they are a troll' position. I called you guys out on it but instead of changing your tactic, you continue to critique HOW i deliver the argument instead of the ARGUMENT itself. Very fucking stupid in my opinion.

Especially since fanboys hardly, if ever, present a strong case. It's just them spazzing out about DERE FAVURIT G
People who are good at arguing also don't reduce their opponent's opinion to 'fanboy ramblings'.

You either argue properly, or not at all, you attack the opinion, not the person making it.

Stay classy.
 

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
12,010
0
41
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
erttheking said:
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
why am I not surprised about the response: OMG TROLL!!!

Put it to rest, wont you. It's such donkey piss. I dismiss any of your 'arguments' because it is so packed to the brim with fanaticism, it's like Bioware has their own special cult of gamers.

When it comes to multiplayer there isn't much else to say other than my opinion. When the other side is just going off about HOW SHINY AND SPECIAL IT IS AND OMG BIOWARE!! Do you guys honestly expect me to take that seriously? You guys are acting like a bunch of Justin Bieber fangirls at his concert. I can't take you seriously when the post is overflowing with bioware buttkiss. This is not a fault of mine, it's a fault of yours.

Finally, I already listed why I dislike the mulitplayer; generic, boring. You have to run around the whole freaking map looking for enemies. What is this? Hide and fucking seek? I thought this was horde mode, it feels like i'm playing peek-a-boo with Cerberus.

Plus dont get me started on crappy origins service. It sucks.
In your very first post here you said that bioware fans opinions dont matter.

As in you said that a people that like a certain thing do not have the right to the same amount of freedom of speech as you.

Logical conclusion = You are a cocksucker.
That is not what I said at all. There's a difference between Bioware Fans and Bioware FANBOYS.
Fanboys are those people over at BSN that defend everything Bioware does. Bioware could unleash a nuclear bomb and aslong as it doesn't hit them, the fanboys will defend it.

Lastly, your second sentence is completely nonsensical. I didn't say "you're a fanboy so don't speak". I said and i'm parphrasing here "you're a fanboy so you shouldn't speak" Huge bloody difference here. One implies freedom of speech is determined by how fanatical you are, the other believes fanboys have nothing of value to share, so thus their opinion should be void.
You are still implying that these fanboys opinion matters less then yours.

You are still trampling on their freedom of speech.

Logical conclusion = you are still a cocksucker.
I don't know how you keep coming to this conclusion. Slow down a second. I don't care IF they use their freedom of speech. I just think they are idiots.

And ofcourse I think my opinion matters more. Do you honestly think I go through life giving every opinion equal footing? Don't be absurd.
You think that your opinion matters more...well if you're using that logic, why should anyone care about anything that you have to say?
Because I can construct a reasonable argument. Not some silly strung together fanboy spazz out. It's not about just "believing" in my opinion. I present a strong case, any 'reasonable' person can accept it or not. They can also challenge it, if they want. Instead of you guys doing any of that, you've fell back to the tired old 'they are a troll' position. I called you guys out on it but instead of changing your tactic, you continue to critique HOW i deliver the argument instead of the ARGUMENT itself. Very fucking stupid in my opinion.

Especially since fanboys hardly, if ever, present a strong case. It's just them spazzing out about DERE FAVURIT G
People who are good at arguing also don't reduce their opponent's opinion to 'fanboy ramblings'.

You either argue properly, or not at all, you attack the opinion, not the person making it.

Stay classy.
Pretty much this. Dismiss a stupid argument based on whether or not the argument is stupid. Do not dismiss it based off of its source (speaking of opinions of course).
 

Tony2077

New member
Dec 19, 2007
2,984
0
0
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
why am I not surprised about the response: OMG TROLL!!!

Put it to rest, wont you. It's such donkey piss. I dismiss any of your 'arguments' because it is so packed to the brim with fanaticism, it's like Bioware has their own special cult of gamers.

When it comes to multiplayer there isn't much else to say other than my opinion. When the other side is just going off about HOW SHINY AND SPECIAL IT IS AND OMG BIOWARE!! Do you guys honestly expect me to take that seriously? You guys are acting like a bunch of Justin Bieber fangirls at his concert. I can't take you seriously when the post is overflowing with bioware buttkiss. This is not a fault of mine, it's a fault of yours.

Finally, I already listed why I dislike the mulitplayer; generic, boring. You have to run around the whole freaking map looking for enemies. What is this? Hide and fucking seek? I thought this was horde mode, it feels like i'm playing peek-a-boo with Cerberus.

Plus dont get me started on crappy origins service. It sucks.
In your very first post here you said that bioware fans opinions dont matter.

As in you said that a people that like a certain thing do not have the right to the same amount of freedom of speech as you.

Logical conclusion = You are a cocksucker.
That is not what I said at all. There's a difference between Bioware Fans and Bioware FANBOYS.
Fanboys are those people over at BSN that defend everything Bioware does. Bioware could unleash a nuclear bomb and aslong as it doesn't hit them, the fanboys will defend it.

Lastly, your second sentence is completely nonsensical. I didn't say "you're a fanboy so don't speak". I said and i'm parphrasing here "you're a fanboy so you shouldn't speak" Huge bloody difference here. One implies freedom of speech is determined by how fanatical you are, the other believes fanboys have nothing of value to share, so thus their opinion should be void.
You are still implying that these fanboys opinion matters less then yours.

You are still trampling on their freedom of speech.

Logical conclusion = you are still a cocksucker.
I don't know how you keep coming to this conclusion. Slow down a second. I don't care IF they use their freedom of speech. I just think they are idiots.

And ofcourse I think my opinion matters more. Do you honestly think I go through life giving every opinion equal footing? Don't be absurd.
So you think that your freedom of speech should be taken more to account then these guys freedom of speech?

Aka you are just an arrogant ****.

Logical conclusion = You are still a person who enjoys the taste of male genitalia in his mouth.
Again with this bullcrap. Do you have a some sort of affection for the phrase 'freedom of speech'. I do not understand why you keep using it, ESPECIALLY when it is of zero relevance to this discussion.

If you're trying to say that "all opinions are of equal merit" than we just fundamentally disagree. I do not think every opinion is equal and every opinion deserves to be heard. There are people out there who are misinformed, biased, intellectually bankrupt and just a flaming toolbag.

That however doesn't change the fact that they have the right to speak.(Nor if I had the choice, would I change it) I just refuse to listen to such nonsense.

I also think my opinion should be held higher when the opposition can't seem to critique the argument and instead focus on the delivery. See, that silly arguing tactic is what makes me question how valid your opinion is.
they are all personal opinion none are less then other so stop this nonsense before you dig that hole of yours too deep you can't get out of it