UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
hazabaza1 said:
How about everybody just takes a big deep breath and shuts the fuck up, eh guys? Let's all just chill.
You forgot the end the post with "And get back on topic."

I swear this community has had too many copper thieves... all our topics are getting derailed right and left these days >.>

Dec 14, 2009
Zeel said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
Fappy said:
Zeel said:
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
erttheking said:
Zeel said:
totally heterosexual said:
Zeel said:
Zeel said:
why am I not surprised about the response: OMG TROLL!!!

Put it to rest, wont you. It's such donkey piss. I dismiss any of your 'arguments' because it is so packed to the brim with fanaticism, it's like Bioware has their own special cult of gamers.

When it comes to multiplayer there isn't much else to say other than my opinion. When the other side is just going off about HOW SHINY AND SPECIAL IT IS AND OMG BIOWARE!! Do you guys honestly expect me to take that seriously? You guys are acting like a bunch of Justin Bieber fangirls at his concert. I can't take you seriously when the post is overflowing with bioware buttkiss. This is not a fault of mine, it's a fault of yours.

Finally, I already listed why I dislike the mulitplayer; generic, boring. You have to run around the whole freaking map looking for enemies. What is this? Hide and fucking seek? I thought this was horde mode, it feels like i'm playing peek-a-boo with Cerberus.

Plus dont get me started on crappy origins service. It sucks.
In your very first post here you said that bioware fans opinions dont matter.

As in you said that a people that like a certain thing do not have the right to the same amount of freedom of speech as you.

Logical conclusion = You are a cocksucker.
That is not what I said at all. There's a difference between Bioware Fans and Bioware FANBOYS.
Fanboys are those people over at BSN that defend everything Bioware does. Bioware could unleash a nuclear bomb and aslong as it doesn't hit them, the fanboys will defend it.

Lastly, your second sentence is completely nonsensical. I didn't say "you're a fanboy so don't speak". I said and i'm parphrasing here "you're a fanboy so you shouldn't speak" Huge bloody difference here. One implies freedom of speech is determined by how fanatical you are, the other believes fanboys have nothing of value to share, so thus their opinion should be void.
You are still implying that these fanboys opinion matters less then yours.

You are still trampling on their freedom of speech.

Logical conclusion = you are still a cocksucker.
I don't know how you keep coming to this conclusion. Slow down a second. I don't care IF they use their freedom of speech. I just think they are idiots.

And ofcourse I think my opinion matters more. Do you honestly think I go through life giving every opinion equal footing? Don't be absurd.
You think that your opinion matters more...well if you're using that logic, why should anyone care about anything that you have to say?
Because I can construct a reasonable argument. Not some silly strung together fanboy spazz out. It's not about just "believing" in my opinion. I present a strong case, any 'reasonable' person can accept it or not. They can also challenge it, if they want. Instead of you guys doing any of that, you've fell back to the tired old 'they are a troll' position. I called you guys out on it but instead of changing your tactic, you continue to critique HOW i deliver the argument instead of the ARGUMENT itself. Very fucking stupid in my opinion.

Especially since fanboys hardly, if ever, present a strong case. It's just them spazzing out about DERE FAVURIT G
People who are good at arguing also don't reduce their opponent's opinion to 'fanboy ramblings'.

You either argue properly, or not at all, you attack the opinion, not the person making it.

Stay classy.
Pretty much this. Dismiss a stupid argument based on whether or not the argument is stupid. Do not dismiss it based off of its source (speaking of opinions of course).
Just move one step further. "stupid source" = stupid argument. Ding dong, the chain is concluded!
That is a very narrow-minded mentality.
if "narrow minded" means assessing how valid the source is. then yes. It's one thing to dismiss a group of people for no reason. it's another when the entire premise of the group is; fanaticism and wishfullthinking. Call me arrogant if you must, but a fanboy's opinion is worse than outright lies. Infact their opinion is a lie.
Facts and evidence.

Prove these people are fanboys.

Do you think you can do it without insulting anyone?
Anyone supporting this Mass Effect 3 bullshit is without a doubt a fanboy. I get it, you're excited about the game. I get it, honestly I do. but there are so much blunders the game has made, that I can-not understand why any fan of the rpg genre is still interested in the game.

Cut dialogue content
Slapped on Multiplayer
Day one DLC

I've gone into detail about this before, present my case eloquently (without insults, yes, without insults) and the only response I'd get is "IM GOING TO BUY IT JUST BECAUSE" = that is the very definition of a fanboy.
The topic creator reaks of fanboy too. Before he/she added their 'reflections'. The topic post could be summed up as "I LOVE MULTIPLAYER THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS MUCH" It's nauseating. I want some good reasons not your bioware cult reasons.
I was fully prepared to hate the mulitplayer.

Now I've spent the best part of the last two days playing it. The other things I don't care enough about for it to ruin my experience.

So tell me, am I a fanboy for not sharing your opinion?
Depends. Why do you like Multiplayer?
Because it's fun.

The classes are all different enough to perform different roles, the equipment/power recharge ratio adds a great dynamic and allows the player to tailor their loadouts for firepower/abilities. Different classes have varying levels of difficulty with different enemies, and the while characters don't control as well as I'd like them too, it all feels very tactical.

I was prepared to hate it, I thought it would be this terrible tacked on multiplayer, but it's genuinely a very fun and engaging experience.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
Zeel said:
Anyone supporting this Mass Effect 3 bullshit is without a doubt a fanboy. I get it, you're excited about the game. I get it, honestly I do. but there are so much blunders the game has made, that I can-not understand why any fan of the rpg genre is still interested in the game.

Cut dialogue content
Slapped on Multiplayer
Day one DLC

I've gone into detail about this before, present my case eloquently (without insults, yes, without insults) and the only response I'd get is "IM GOING TO BUY IT JUST BECAUSE" = that is the very definition of a fanboy.
The topic creator reaks of fanboy too. Before he/she added their 'reflections'. The topic post could be summed up as "I LOVE MULTIPLAYER THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS MUCH" It's nauseating. I want some good reasons not your bioware cult reasons.

I don't see how giving the CE edition an extra character that is basically the equivalent of Zaeed in ME2 is a bad thing. All it does is give another face for the mission, it isn't cutting out a major portion of the game (as you've claimed in the past), it isn't some super important story arch that you can't possibly live without, it's simply something extra to give to the CE because companies can.

Also adding multiplayer isn't always such a terrible thing, I was pleasantly surprised by the games multiplayer. Challenging, exciting, has a bit of an addicting quality to it. Sure I won't play it constantly, but I won't be passing it up because it was added to the game.

As for the cut dialogue, I'll hold out until the full game before I make my decision on that. Seeing as the demo was already it's maximum size allowed, I allow a little bit of room in terms of what might be include, and what might have been cut to give a well rounded demo.

And to be honest, it isn't that fanboyish to want to finish a storyline that is ending. That's stupid and arrogant for you to claim that. People enjoyed the first two games the Bioware released and they want to finish it, so why is that such a terrible thing?

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I really enjoy it so far. I kind of wish I could of been a Salarian at the start though (Still haven't got one in a pack), but the gameplay is really fun so far. My only current "complaint" against it is that each race has specific skills, though that only bothers me because the Quarian Engineer has the skills Mordin had in ME2 while the Salarian has something similar to Tali's ME2 skills, which is something so Minor I don't really count it as a complaint.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Fappy said:
tony2077 said:
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
Fappy said:
Zeel said:
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
erttheking said:
Zeel said:
Zeel said:
Zeel said:

Put it to rest, wont you. It's such donkey piss. I dismiss any of your 'arguments' because it is so packed to the brim with fanaticism, it's like Bioware has their own special cult of gamers.

When it comes to multiplayer there isn't much else to say other than my opinion. When the other side is just going off about HOW SHINY AND SPECIAL IT IS AND OMG BIOWARE!! Do you guys honestly expect me to take that seriously? You guys are acting like a bunch of Justin Bieber fangirls at his concert. I can't take you seriously when the post is overflowing with bioware buttkiss. This is not a fault of mine, it's a fault of yours.

Finally, I already listed why I dislike the mulitplayer; generic, boring. You have to run around the whole freaking map looking for enemies. What is this? Hide and fucking seek? I thought this was horde mode, it feels like i'm playing peek-a-boo with Cerberus.

As in you said that a people that like a certain thing do not have the right to the same amount of freedom of speech as you.

That is not what I said at all. There's a difference between Bioware Fans and Bioware FANBOYS.
Fanboys are those people over at BSN that defend everything Bioware does. Bioware could unleash a nuclear bomb and aslong as it doesn't hit them, the fanboys will defend it.

Lastly, your second sentence is completely nonsensical. I didn't say "you're a fanboy so don't speak". I said and i'm parphrasing here "you're a fanboy so you shouldn't speak" Huge bloody difference here. One implies freedom of speech is determined by how fanatical you are, the other believes fanboys have nothing of value to share, so thus their opinion should be void.

I don't know how you keep coming to this conclusion. Slow down a second. I don't care IF they use their freedom of speech. I just think they are idiots.

And ofcourse I think my opinion matters more. Do you honestly think I go through life giving every opinion equal footing? Don't be absurd.
You think that your opinion matters more...well if you're using that logic, why should anyone care about anything that you have to say?
Because I can construct a reasonable argument. Not some silly strung together fanboy spazz out. It's not about just "believing" in my opinion. I present a strong case, any 'reasonable' person can accept it or not. They can also challenge it, if they want. Instead of you guys doing any of that, you've fell back to the tired old 'they are a troll' position. I called you guys out on it but instead of changing your tactic, you continue to critique HOW i deliver the argument instead of the ARGUMENT itself. Very fucking stupid in my opinion.

Especially since fanboys hardly, if ever, present a strong case. It's just them spazzing out about DERE FAVURIT G
People who are good at arguing also don't reduce their opponent's opinion to 'fanboy ramblings'.

You either argue properly, or not at all, you attack the opinion, not the person making it.

Stay classy.
Pretty much this. Dismiss a stupid argument based on whether or not the argument is stupid. Do not dismiss it based off of its source (speaking of opinions of course).
Just move one step further. "stupid source" = stupid argument. Ding dong, the chain is concluded!
That is a very narrow-minded mentality.
if "narrow minded" means assessing how valid the source is. then yes. It's one thing to dismiss a group of people for no reason. it's another when the entire premise of the group is; fanaticism and wishfullthinking. Call me arrogant if you must, but a fanboy's opinion is worse than outright lies. Infact their opinion is a lie.
Facts and evidence.

Prove these people are fanboys.

Do you think you can do it without insulting anyone?
Couldn't have said it better myself.
no you couldn't that's the main problem
What exactly are you implying?
sorry wrong person should have looked at the name closer

MetalGearblack

Apr 14, 2009
I love the multiplayer, but it needs a few things like a mini map so I know when some guy is flaking me. Also I'm sure about the randomness of getting items, it feels like someone could a really good item like the widow sniper rifle early, but it takes you forever to get medigel.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
MetalGearblack said:
I love the multiplayer, but it needs a few things like a mini map so I know when some guy is flaking me. Also I'm sure about the randomness of getting items, it feels like someone could a really good item like the widow sniper rifle early, but it takes you forever to get medigel.
Radar in ME2&3 only exists when you open up the power wheel. Since you can't do that in multiplayer you don't get a radar. Don't really understand the logic really. Maybe it is supposed to make the game more challenging, but since you had real-time radar in ME1 it kind of doesn't make any sense. Honestly they could keep the same level of difficulty by giving us radar and then make stealthy enemies invisible on radar, that way we know when we are getting flanked by a large enemy force and have a false sense of security when a Phantom sneaks up from behind :p

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Fappy said:
MetalGearblack said:
Radar in ME2&3 only exists when you open up the power wheel. Since you can't do that in multiplayer you don't get a radar. Don't really understand the logic really. Maybe it is supposed to make the game more challenging, but since you had real-time radar in ME1 it kind of doesn't make any sense. Honestly they could keep the same level of difficulty by giving us radar and then make stealthy enemies invisible on radar, that way we know when we are getting flanked by a large enemy force and have a false sense of security when a Phantom sneaks up from behind :p
i say show only the invisible enemies see how long people scratch there heads trying to find them

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Zeel said:
tendaji said:
Zeel said:

Cut dialogue content
Slapped on Multiplayer
Day one DLC

I don't see how giving the CE edition an extra character that is basically the equivalent of Zaeed in ME2 is a bad thing. All it does is give another face for the mission, it isn't cutting out a major portion of the game (as you've claimed in the past), it isn't some super important story arch that you can't possibly live without, it's simply something extra to give to the CE because companies can.

Also adding multiplayer isn't always such a terrible thing, I was pleasantly surprised by the games multiplayer. Challenging, exciting, has a bit of an addicting quality to it. Sure I won't play it constantly, but I won't be passing it up because it was added to the game.

As for the cut dialogue, I'll hold out until the full game before I make my decision on that. Seeing as the demo was already it's maximum size allowed, I allow a little bit of room in terms of what might be include, and what might have been cut to give a well rounded demo.

And to be honest, it isn't that fanboyish to want to finish a storyline that is ending. That's stupid and arrogant for you to claim that. People enjoyed the first two games the Bioware released and they want to finish it, so why is that such a terrible thing?
First, lets get this out of the way. When have I ever claimed they are cutting out "major portions" of the game? That's a full out lie. It doesn't matter to me, personally if they are cutting out major or insignificant parts of the game. The budget was paid for with the customers money, any content designed and produced on budget belong to the customer. This is simply a customer issue with me. I do not like companies getting away with screwing others over. Even if it's just a 'little bit'.

Well, I'd say adding multiplayer where not needed is always a terrible thing. That's like adding flames to a Van. A useless addition can only be a useless addition. Even if you pretty it up. I'm unimpressed by the mulitplayer (not surprising) and I've yet to find a valid reason for its inclusion.

All the dialogue options in the game were 2 choices and there was a shitload of auto dialogue too. I don't know about you but that spells trouble to me.

I'm not saying your goal is fanboyish, I'm saying your reaction to any critique is fanboy. When people simply shrug their shoulders at every fault and go "im still getting it". That's fanboyish. I know you want to finish it. So do I. I'm just not going to let every fault slip by because I want to finish the story.

The only 'terrible' thing in this situation is that people are supporting Bioware massacaring the series. The reason these changes bother me so much is because I enjoyed the series so much. I saw great promise in me3 and to see it kind of being shot up the creek it's kinda fucked up.
its only fanboyish when the faults are game breaking and i haven't see any in the demo so who knows whats hiding in the full game

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Zeel said:
erttheking said:
Zeel said:
Zeel said:
Zeel said:

Buddy, some advice, if you want people to stop calling you a troll, maybe you should, oh I don't know, stop acting like one? Seriously, every time you talk about ME3 you whine like a little kid and swear like an immature teenager, that's why no one cares about what you have to say, it's all about delivery and maybe one day you'll wake up and accept that. Everyone, even Dexter111, who pretty much agrees with all of your points, thinks that you seriously need to calm down, everyone tells you it, and you refuse to believe it. And now, a Penny Arcade strip to highlight the situation.
http://penny-arcade.smugmug.com/photos/i-VfPkQ4N/0/L/i-VfPkQ4N-L.jpg

Guess who you remind me of.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
Comic Sans said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Holy shit!

Vanguards are fucking insane!

Light load, a shotgun and an SMG so your powers recharge quickly. Biotic Charge, wait a few seconds, Nova, Biotic Charge to recharge your shield, Nova, rinse, repeat.

I fucking love this game's multiplayer, and I was firmly in the 'oh great, tacked on multiplayer' camp.

I'm so glad I was wrong.
Yeah, Vanguards are awesome. At the early waves on bronze you can practically solo the whole wave with good play. My female Vanguard is focusing on Charge and Fitness, with the aoe knockback on charge level 4, so I can charge into a group and just mow them down with my shotgun. Back up to reposition and recharge, and do it again.
They're certainly a high risk, high reward class.

Definately takes skill to use them properly, but if you can keep a rythm going and keep your momentum up, you can wipe out enemies like they're nothing.

I hate Phantoms, they're a pain to kill. But as a Vanguard?

[HEADING=1]Vanguard crush puny phantom![/HEADING]
Pretty much. Especially with a Claymore shotgun. While it makes my charge cooldown way longer, with my upgrades in Fitness for shields I can charge someone and nearly kill them with just that, then mow down every nearby enemy in one shot each. Even as a Vanguard I was always scared of Phantoms since they can dice you in seconds, and now I am like ROAR COME AT ME BRO. The instant I see a Phantom I Charge them down then cut them in half with a Claymore blast.

I always love my Salarian Infiltrator. I maxed out the invisibility, so I can roam the battlefield peeping all the grunts in the head no problem. No enemy is safe.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Zeel said:
tony2077 said:
Zeel said:
tendaji said:
Zeel said:

Cut dialogue content
Slapped on Multiplayer
Day one DLC

First, lets get this out of the way. When have I ever claimed they are cutting out "major portions" of the game? That's a full out lie. It doesn't matter to me, personally if they are cutting out major or insignificant parts of the game. The budget was paid for with the customers money, any content designed and produced on budget belong to the customer. This is simply a customer issue with me. I do not like companies getting away with screwing others over. Even if it's just a 'little bit'.

Well, I'd say adding multiplayer where not needed is always a terrible thing. That's like adding flames to a Van. A useless addition can only be a useless addition. Even if you pretty it up. I'm unimpressed by the mulitplayer (not surprising) and I've yet to find a valid reason for its inclusion.

All the dialogue options in the game were 2 choices and there was a shitload of auto dialogue too. I don't know about you but that spells trouble to me.

I'm not saying your goal is fanboyish, I'm saying your reaction to any critique is fanboy. When people simply shrug their shoulders at every fault and go "im still getting it". That's fanboyish. I know you want to finish it. So do I. I'm just not going to let every fault slip by because I want to finish the story.

The only 'terrible' thing in this situation is that people are supporting Bioware massacaring the series. The reason these changes bother me so much is because I enjoyed the series so much. I saw great promise in me3 and to see it kind of being shot up the creek it's kinda fucked up.
its only fanboyish when the faults are game breaking and i haven't see any in the demo so who knows whats hiding in the full game
Then you agree that any fault that breaks the Mass Effect universe or Rpg genre is "bad enough" to be valid? Cause if you want to go there, we can.

canon breakers:
S/s bullcrap
ign reporter chick
ashley catsuit
choices in first two game have little if any impact on third
trial reduce to "WE FIGHT OR WE DIE"

RPG genre breakers:
Multiplayer
autodialogue
bullshit call of duty cutscenes ingame
i don't really count those as game breaking. the reporter chick that was a mistake but not big enough to condemn bioware for
the multiplayer isn't as evil or bad as you make it out to be
auto dialogue is a choice
oh cutscences are genre breaking all games have them even rpgs

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Zeel said:
tony2077 said:
Zeel said:
tony2077 said:
Zeel said:
tendaji said:
Zeel said:

Cut dialogue content
Slapped on Multiplayer
Day one DLC

Then you agree that any fault that breaks the Mass Effect universe or Rpg genre is "bad enough" to be valid? Cause if you want to go there, we can.

canon breakers:
S/s bullcrap
ign reporter chick
ashley catsuit
choices in first two game have little if any impact on third
trial reduce to "WE FIGHT OR WE DIE"

RPG genre breakers:
Multiplayer
autodialogue
bullshit call of duty cutscenes ingame
i don't really count those as game breaking. the reporter chick that was a mistake but not big enough to condemn bioware for
the multiplayer isn't as evil or bad as you make it out to be
auto dialogue is a choice
oh cutscences are genre breaking all games have them even rpgs
you know damn well I'm not talking about cutscenes. I'm talking about the every-5minutes-watch-something explode-or-trip-over something-scenes No doubt they pulled that bullcrap from Gears of war or the Call of duty franchise.

Plus the reporter chick wasn't a mistake. They decided thats what they wanted their game to include. None of these are red flags to you? I mean seriously, you can't be that naive.

No sir, auto dialogue is not a choice. I don't remember choosing my shepard to say "WE FIGHT OR WE DIE". He just did it. In me1 and me2 almost all, if not all dialogue were choosen by the player.

Which reminds me about the silly "action mode" nonsense. red flags!
the reporter was a mistake they made when they added her not what ever you were thinking about. there was 3 choices at the beginning action role playing and story did you look and them or where they magically missing from your copy. one last thing its a prologue and a demo so some stuff may not be shown since there is only so much room they'll allow. they were being attack so i doubt there wouldn't be explosions

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Zeel said:
No sir, auto dialogue is not a choice. I don't remember choosing my shepard to say "WE FIGHT OR WE DIE". He just did it. In me1 and me2 almost all, if not all dialogue were choosen by the player.
So what? You want to be able to choose EVERY WORD that Sheppard says?

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
anthony87 said:
See this is something I've been wondering myself recently. Is there something that determines the number of a certain race/class on a team? Ever since I've started playing I've yet to see another Krogan on the same team as me.
There doesn't seem to be, at least not in the demo. And based on the sheer number of humans I've been playing with, I think the lack of Krogan is probably to do with most people being a lot less lucky with the character drops than you've been ;)

TheKruzdawg said:
I've had some of the same problems which not ending up in a diverse team. But I'm pretty sure that you can change your class prior to the start of match if you haven't said you're "ready" yet.
True, but at this point I've only really got one playable character and I think that's how a lot of other people are approaching it too - I'm yet to see anyone who turns up to a three Vanguard / one Adept party and then changes to a Soldier or Engineer. Guess there's always that possibility though, and it could be interesting trying to be the one that does that :)