UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

PaganAxe

Jan 30, 2012
I guess the only thing that annoys me is that I've had no luck unlocking non-human characters. All I got was a Quarian Engineer from that free pack and even then, I think the human one is more useful for having overload.

woodaba

May 31, 2011
It was good fun, but standing up against Syndicate's vastly superior Co-op, it felt a bit weak.

That said, I like it, which is one hell if an achievement.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Loop Stricken said:
it is quite good, isn't it? I might have to buy a month or two of Gold when the game comes out proper.
The Wykydtron said:
Fuck this i'm going to sleep gonna watch moar anime, so there's like a ghost girl wearing a cool eyepatch who isn't really a ghost apparently... and people are randomly dying an- AHH off topic!
Watch out, I may have to break out the unironic brofist just for you XD... Just finished watching that episode actually (woo i'm up to date), unexpected dancing is the best kind of dancing!

Not even sure how they managed to pull off that scene without ruining the horror/dark mystery thing they've got going on. Freakin' A
Okay, what anime is this? I am intrigued.

OT:Sounds interesting, I should try it out later.

CAMDAWG

Jul 27, 2011
"Incredible" may not be the word I'd use. That being said, I did think it was pretty good. I was playing mainly with only one other teammate, so I found it a little tough, but there were some genuinely tense-feeling moments, and I was always motivated to go another round once I'd failed. I'd hope that in the finished product we'll see high levels of variation between enemies. By which I mean, when fighting off husks, there are differences to when you're fighting off cerberus minions, besides the skin of whatever you're shooting at.

I think the important thing to remember with the multiplayer, is that while it may not measure up to something like COD multiplayer (even though I found the little time playing me3 much better than the last time I played cod, despite the fact it's a demo. But I'm biased.), it comes with a lengthy (and hopefully brilliant) singleplayer as well.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
I've found it's fun when you play with randoms. Especially if you can get those randoms to work together.

But it really hits it's stride when you have 2-3 friends with you, and you're in some manner of voice chat. Then the game becomes truly epic. Communication ramps up not only how easy it is to coordinate, but also the Funny As Hell factor.

In the LZ, teammates getting gunned down, with 10 seconds left I got surrounded by Shield Dudes. They couldn't match the prowess of my diving and rolling Quarian Engi. Many good laughs were had.

Thanatos5150

Apr 20, 2009
Draech said:
Also that spacebar does to many different things, making sprint when I want to go to cover or the other way around.
I never understood this complaint. Everything works fine on the 360 controller with "A" mapped to ALL THOSE SAME ACTIONS. ME2 was the same way, even.
Why the complaints?

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I'm indifferent. What I played was basically just a tiny map with waves of enemies.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Not had a chance to give it a whirl, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Zeel said:
The posters here are generally Bioware fanboys. Your opinion is not to be trusted when it comes to Bioware. When I play the multiplayer, then we'll see how 'good' it is.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I found the multiplayer quite entertaining and addictive quite frankly.

I was quite surprised at this,but the way you unlock items/races(through "packs" that you buy with credits won from missions)pushed me to play more missions that I would of.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
It's... OK.

I didn't really like it initially, and I'm still incredibly sceptical, but I don't hate the thing. It feels like it's just tacked on at the end.

And I'm an avid Mass Effect fan, so as I absolutely adore the series, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

Azahul

Apr 16, 2011
Jove said:
Just played it myself and I love it as well. Probably the best design decision Bioware made in a long time. It really fits with this game too and not just treated as an add on (unlike Bioshock 2 for example).
A game in which the multiplayer provided a wealth of background information on the setting and how the lives of various people were changed by the events leading up to and during the games. Frankly, I consider that a pretty bad example...

Anyway, good to hear that it's good, I guess, but I never play multiplayer games on the Xbox and it's on the Xbox that I'll be getting this game (don't want any nasty Origin on my computer, although to be fair I've played all the previous Mass Effect games on the Xbox so I was going to do so even before Origin came out).

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
The Wykydtron said:
Huh is it out yet? My insomia tells me it's unlikely to be out this early on "Friday"... Oh right early access. People say it's good so i suppose i'd like it, how could you fuck up Horde mode?

Fuck this i'm going to sleep gonna watch moar anime, so there's like a ghost girl wearing a cool eyepatch who isn't really a ghost apparently... and people are randomly dying an- AHH off topic!

Yeah Horde mode ME edition! looks good. The random item drop system looks actually interesting, rather than just being a waste of time
Wait what anime is that? I wanna watch it now.

OT: i'm surprised, seriously is it that good? Then again does ME really NEED multiplayer?

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Just got so peeved by the multiplayer.

If you quit the game you lose all experience points you've accumulated in that game so far, so it's annoying, I HAD to leave because I had a lecture and I was penalised for it :(

Also sometimes the objectives are stupid, like kill an Atlas in 30 seconds with 2 people.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
endtherapture said:

If you quit the game you lose all experience points you've accumulated in that game so far, so it's annoying, I HAD to leave because I had a lecture and I was penalised for it :(

Also sometimes the objectives are stupid, like kill an Atlas in 30 seconds with 2 people.

Well that's how almost all multiplayer games go, if you leave early, you get no credit for what you've done. I really wasn't expecting ME3 MP to break the mold of co-op gameplay but it brought a satisfying experience for me.

And as for the Atlas, that's when you break out the Cobra Missiles if you've unlocked them, 1 hit kill on that thing.

Richard Keohane

Dec 11, 2010
Link XL1 said:
really? you guys all love it? cause i just cant help but feel its tacked on. like its jumping on gears of war 2's horde mode bandwagon. it is kinda interesting to be able to play as the other races, but they're not really any different
You mean how Gears of War jumped on Unreal Tournament 2004's Invasion mode bandwagon?

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
tendaji said:
endtherapture said:

Well that's how almost all multiplayer games go, if you leave early, you get no credit for what you've done. I really wasn't expecting ME3 MP to break the mold of co-op gameplay but it brought a satisfying experience for me.

And as for the Atlas, that's when you break out the Cobra Missiles if you've unlocked them, 1 hit kill on that thing.
It was fun but when you're forced to leave it leaves a really bitter taste in your mouth, especially when it's wave based so could go on forever.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
endtherapture said:
tendaji said:
endtherapture said:

It was fun but when you're forced to leave it leaves a really bitter taste in your mouth, especially when it's wave based so could go on forever.

There's only 10 waves, then an extraction wave, on bronze mode, it's 20 minutes long if you are speedy at the assignments, on silver it's close to 30 or so, and gold who knows haven't tried it myself.