UPDATE: Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer is incredible. (Added my refletions and a quick guide)

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Zeel said:
If you do not wish to be seen as a troll then posts such as this one where most of what you are doing is insulting people in a way that suggests you didn't even read their posts are a bad move on your part.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Zeel said:
Knight Templar said:
Zeel said:
If you do not wish to be seen as a troll then posts such as this one where most of what you are doing is insulting people in a way that suggests you didn't even read their posts are a bad move on your part.
Sounds like exactly what you just did. Except less blunt and more condescending.
I called you out on insulting people, that's not the same thing. This is what I am talking about.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Knight Templar said:
Zeel said:
Knight Templar said:
Zeel said:
Sounds like exactly what you just did. Except less blunt and more condescending.
I called you out on insulting people, that's not the same thing. This is what I am talking about.
Dude don't bother, it's like trying to reason with the westboro baptist church, he thinks that he's right about everything, thinks everyone who disagrees is a moron, and he wouldn't recognize a good argument leveled against him if it danced in front of him .

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Really? Because it feels like I've played it somewhere before... Like in Gears of War... And Halo... And Call of Duty... And Bulletstorm...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
*sigh*

Yes, you HAVE played it before. It IS Gears of War, it IS Halo, it IS COD, it IS Bulletstorm.

This is how Bioware products work, they don't innovate, but they polish to a fine sheen. If you don't like any of those things fine, you won't like this.me, I just sank 8 hours into the demo easily.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
It's above average for a tacked on multiplayer, sort of in the same vein as Assassin's Creed as being accidentally good.

It's more so because the Mass Effect upgrade system works strangely well for a multiplayer setting. It is challenging, even on Bronze difficulty, but it's clear that some classes are more powerful than others. I am to stubborn to use anything besides the Vanguard class, which is pretty much a death sentence to you and your team if you try to Biotically Bum Rush people.

The guns are a little underpowered, with it taking a full clip from the starter assault rifle to kill the easiest bad guy. It definitely wouldn't hurt to give them a little more power.

Also, when a game requires you to have a team that makes you use team work to properly play, it gets points knocked. I don't like talking to random people, and I really doubt any of my friends are gonna get this game.

But I'm a sucker for customizable armor and color.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
endtherapture said:
Just got so peeved by the multiplayer.

If you quit the game you lose all experience points you've accumulated in that game so far, so it's annoying, I HAD to leave because I had a lecture and I was penalised for it :(

Also sometimes the objectives are stupid, like kill an Atlas in 30 seconds with 2 people.
Cobra Rocket

Rivenart

Feb 1, 2012
It's completely shocked me, I love the systems and customisation of things (run round looking like the Pink Power Ranger...only male lol).
I fully expected to be total rubbish and remain that way but I haven't been that bad, some errors but it's not stupidly easy either you do have to think a bit and not stand in the middle of an open area or melee an atlas.
And so far people I've played with have been more pleasant then I expected, even those with mics when I don't have one (kind of feel bad for that now, think at one point I was in a game with a family of 3 mother father daughter and they we're saying they wished they could talk to me), maybe because if you fail you still get something out of it.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Hammeroj said:
That said, it really feels little like Mass Effect 2.
I'm confused...is...is that a bad thing? I mean, I thought Mass Effect 2 was freaking perfect in terms of gameplay. Leveling was far less convoluted than Mass Effect 1, your powers were SO much better, power control is superior, the covering was a lot more organic, managing your shields and life was a lot better...I mean Mass Effect 2 is my Platinum Standard for gameplay. Hell, all I really want from Mass Effect 3 is Mass Effect 2 with a better story. The multiplayer is just cheesecake.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
josemlopes said:
The cover system REALLY needed an upgrade, getting in and out of cover is a complete mess and since the enemies love to spam grenades it gets annoying.
I've never really had a problem with Mass Effect's cover system. Although apparently I'm the minority.

josemlopes said:
Also why doesnt it scale? If there are only 2 players dont give me objectives that are still challenging for 4 players. When we have to assassinate the guys with the shields its usually game over.
Just a tip: Engi's WRECK shield dudes. If you put a combat drone behind them, then they turn around to fight the drown and you shoot them in the butt.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Xathos said:
-Bonus objectives are mandatory. I mean, yeah its the only way to make credits, but when that "Kill enemy Target" comes up and I only have a minute, we're all going to be rushing and making mistakes.
I think those are good actually. The problem is that without those objectives, it would be too easy, because on both maps, there are "optimal" spots where one player can cover each access route and thus lockdown the enemies. Usually there is also an ammo cache in that spot. However, if you have an objective, suddenly you have to move as a team, and take risks, which adds to the gameplay I think.

Example:

Me: Alright guys we got this!
Computer: The enemy is jamming ou-
ME:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Zeel said:
His topic title is "MASS EFFECT 3 MP IS INCREDIBLEEE!!!" and then he goes on some fanboy spaz about how "amazing" it is. I reply, "your opinion means shit, you're a fanboy" and I'm in the wrong? Please. think clearly for a second.

It's not so much that MY opinion trumps all, is that a fanboy's opinion is completely worthless.

Anyone who plays the multiplayer and isn't on Bioware's payroll or some fangirl/boy idiot knows exactly what I am talking about.
1st: I spelled Incredible correctly tyvm.

2nd: I'm not a fanboy. In fact I was expecting the multiplayer to be tacked on shit.

3rd: A fanboy's opinion is not worthless, it is merely suspect. You take it with a grain of salt, not disregard completely. Savy?

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Zetatrain said:
Zeel said:
JamesStone said:
You said "When I play it, we´ll see if it's good", saying that we can only be certain if you play. The OP said "I played and I think it´s good".

Honestly, who is biased here?
Are you serious?
His topic title is "MASS EFFECT 3 MP IS INCREDIBLEEE!!!" and then he goes on some fanboy spaz about how "amazing" it is. I reply, "your opinion means shit, you're a fanboy" and I'm in the wrong? Please. think clearly for a second.
Really? Where is this title "MASS EFFECT 3 MP IS INCREDIBLEEE!!!"? I see a title similar to it except it's not all in caps, there are no exclamation marks, and the word incredible has one "e". All I see is a title that gives me the imagine of someone calmly saying they thought something was very good and not the image of some fanboy spazing out. But hey that's just my impression.
I like you :D

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Hammeroj said:
Elamdri said:
Hammeroj said:
That said, it really feels little like Mass Effect 2.
I'm confused...is...is that a bad thing? I mean, I thought Mass Effect 2 was freaking perfect in terms of gameplay. Leveling was far less convoluted than Mass Effect 1, your powers were SO much better, power control is superior, the covering was a lot more organic, managing your shields and life was a lot better...I mean Mass Effect 2 is my Platinum Standard for gameplay. Hell, all I really want from Mass Effect 3 is Mass Effect 2 with a better story. The multiplayer is just cheesecake.
I meant Mass Effect without the 2 there. As in the multiplayer doesn't feel the least bit organic as part of Mass Effect.
OIC. I dunno, I think it's fine.

To be honest, my one gripe is that if they can do this, why not just give us a Co-Op Story Mode?

Why can't me and two of my buddies bomb it though the storyline.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Don Savik said:
YOU CAN BE A KROGAN?!? LOLOLOLOL THATS THE BEST THING IVE EVER HEARD IN A GAME EVER

Seriously people? Why does everyone think Krogan's are the strongest, most bad ass, smashiest things in all of fiction? Did we forget what a goddam orc is? Like....ugh.
I don't think it's there Smashy nature that draws people to them, I think it's their incredibly dry humor/pessimism.

Krogan are like someone took an Orc's Physique and gave him Eeyore's personality and GLADOS's humor.

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
anthony87 said:
I unlocked a Krogan soldier at level 3 as soon as I logged on for the first time and claimed my free pack.

I assumed everyone got that or something equivalent. Or did you get the Krogan and you'd just rather have a Turian?
Nope, I got the phalanx pistol, it's very random. And since my luck in lotteries is as it is I've now bought a near 20 veteran packs and unlocked the Turian Sentinel, the Avenger rifle four times, the Mattock three, the predator pistol five, as well as a few genders of humans in different classes...and always the ones I already have. It's kind of silly...but I know it'll be less random in the retail so I won't complain. (and the Turian sentinel is awesome.)