UPDATE: Microsoft Disallows Public Lesbians on Xbox Live

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I don't give a damn of peoples seual orientation why should I its not like its hurting anyone, geeze, I mean one of my best friends is a lesbian and shes just like anyone else (well I say that but she's very unique like most wierd people are >.>) anywho I don't see how seual orientation can offend anyone and as for "not letting kids see that sorta thing" do they realise how much worse things are on XBL? I mean the slurs the kids use are much worse than "lesbian" I lost A lot more respect for microsoft of what little I had left...

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
If they make it there business to shove it in my face, then I will please tell them to stop. But other than that I don't really care otherwise.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
....You've got to be fucking kidding me. There is a guy online right now whose name is KKK4LIFE, and lesbians are what they are concerned with?

xxdomoxxkunxx

Jul 2, 2009
if someone came into a game to tell me a player was a homosexual i would say "so what" and send negitve feedback and file complant

Samurai Ralan

May 8, 2009
Before people go nuts this is an article from MONTHS ago, obliviously since that time steps have been taken by both Microsoft and Third-Party Developers.

Also, I thought there's a certain amount of automaton action on live, in that, her account was auto-banned for how many flags it was getting from people (read: bigots) ranking her down and sending negative feedback reports. While she was banned for being a lesbian as it says, it wasn't so much Microsoft being anti-gay as it was all the people on live who stalked her.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
That's actually pretty sad. Offensive? If I put "I am straight" on my Xbox Live profile, no one would have a problem with it.

Left4Meds

Jul 9, 2009
1. Who cares if someones gay or not when your playing a game.

2. Why are you letting your kids play this game if they don't want to see/hear this? There's A LOT more stuff that's offencive rather then someone's personal sexual opinion.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Yeah, MS was definitely at fault here. If it was in her "About Me" section, then I don't see a problem. It's not like she was actually broadcasting it or anything. I'm glad to see they are trying to find a way for her to express her sexuality. At least they are trying to fix their mistakes. Speaking of which, any word on whether they gave her her account back or at least some compensation for the mistake.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
It has got to have been mentioned before here, but more kids go onto myspace than they do xbox live and myspace openly allows for these kind of relationships to be aired.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
But if they put heterosexual it would be fine? This is just discrimination.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Left4Meds said:
1. Who cares if someones gay or not when your playing a game.

2. Why are you letting your kids play this game if they don't want to see/hear this? There's A LOT more stuff that's offencive rather then someone's personal sexual opinion.
This. Halo 3 is rated mature. Stop letting your 10 years olds play it.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I'm not exactly sure that mentioning your sexual orientation (gay, straight, or bi) is appropriate for gaming. If you don't mention it, then you don't have any trouble.

(I would not harass someone who said they were gay on Xbox Live, even though I don't agree with the lifestyle. However, as the past as shown, some people are idiots when it comes to their beliefs)

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
minxamo said:
stupid ***** shouldnt have to write her sexuality on her profile page, its not out fault she bases her whole life around being a lesbian
It is your fault if you have a problem with her being that way, particularly when the mention of her being gay in in her Bio. She's not hurting anybody but people like you are, so from where I stand she has more right be be on xbox live than you.

This is old news you decided to bring back up with ignorance and insults.

CAW4

Feb 7, 2009
This isn't even worth discussing, she's just looking for attention (and probably a lawsuit). This is nothing but trolling, just about equal to a person pissing off a grammar nazi but intentionally using incorrect grammar. Microsoft should emulate forums and just ban the troll.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
I'm not exactly sure that mentioning your sexual orientation (gay, straight, or bi) is appropriate for gaming. If you don't mention it, then you don't have any trouble.

(I would not harass someone who said they were gay on Xbox Live, even though I don't agree with the lifestyle. However, as the past as shown, some people are idiots when it comes to their beliefs)
I really don't like that mentality to be perfectly honest. All that does is "LA LA LA, THERE'S NO PROBLEM, LA LA LA!" really loudly. Why should her sexuality matter? That's exactly the question, and the answer goes both ways (har har, subtle joke);

Answer A: "It doesn't matter if she's a lesbian, why would she put it on in the first place?!@?! Just game!"
Answer B: "It doesn't matter that she's a lesbian, nobody is forcing you to view her profile and it's her freakin' bio, it doesn't effect gaming so it doesn't matter!"

It's a confusing debate, but I'm for Answer B since there really isn't any reason why she can't put her personal information on her personal bio. If people put "I'm straight" or any variant of that, people wouldn't bat an eye. But since she put "I'm lesbian" suddenly that's off limits. Obviously there are some limits to what you should and shouldn't put on a bio ("I'm a child rapist!" or whatever), but I don't think that it suddenly stops at sexuality, at least that what I think.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Whoa...that's just...
wow I thought we were over this kinda stuff. I can report the 11 year old that calls me many many worse things and she gets suspended for just that?!?

Alright Now I'm pissed