[Update] Mysterious Countdown Hints at Persona 4 Anime

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Now the big question is, will this have more to do with P4 than Trinity Soul had to do with P3? Don't get me wrong, Trinity Soul was definitely a good show, but they might as well simply titled it "Persona: The Animation" rather than trying to tie it to 3.

shadow741

Oct 28, 2009
P5 Please, if it isn't I'll die a bit inside, then I'll go back to playing P3 (and P3P tomorrow).
Edit after reading update: ...SUNOFUHBITCH!!! I don't like anime adaptations dammit.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I thought they had already announced theyare working on P5 only recently, don't know why people think it would be that so soon. Besides, Catherine JUST launched a month ago, give them some breathing room. I never saw the last Persona anime but I heard it was bad, let's hope this won't be. Oh who am I kidding, I'll watch it anyway, I mean come on, CHIE!

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
VanQQisH said:
Oh who am I kidding, I'll watch it anyway, I mean come on, CHIE!
I'm with you on that one, bro.

Whether the show is good or bad, I'll be able to die happy if Chie shows up.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Yes, I'm been waiting for them to do a Persona/SMT game for the PS-3. It was disappointing, but I sort of suspected it would be something like this. Truthfully an anime was my second guess as far as video went, I was thinking live action because they seemed to be going out of their way to show how close they could come to the visuals in reality.

Of course I'll be honest in saying that if your expecting live-action actors that look like anime characters in any live production, you were going to be disappointed. This isn't live action, but if it was, I very much doubt they would have any actresses that looked like your dream girls (if you had one). Truthfully Mitsuru is the only Persona 3-4 girl that I think they could carry off well with a Japanese actress.

One of the problems with highly stylized art for drawing people, is that reality is entirely diferant. It's sort of like when you look at live action Sailor Moon videos and such with a Japanese cast, and it just doesn't work visually. Intellectually you know that a lot of these characters are supposed to be Japanese, but when you see an actual Japanese person (boy or girl) sporting some of those hair styles and colors with their skin tones, it causes something of a clash.

If I was ever going to try and do a live action version of an Anime, if I could get the budget (which would always be a problem) I'd probably want to do old-school "open auditions" and try and get cosplayers who looked like the characters, and could at least be taught to act fairly well (since we're not generally dealing with deep material, everything else aside, I don't think this stuff takes a masterful actor. Besides most cosplayers are probably at least familiar with the material that they are trying to perform).

Of course to be honest I think I'd probably wind up with a fairly un-Japanese cast overall, at least for a lot of the female characters. To use Chie as an example, I could probably find a girl that looks right with that look, including the hair style and color and everything, but she probably wouldn't be Japanese. The guys though who typically (but not always) simply have a fairly average build, short dark hair, etc... would be much easier to do and I think are typically cast better using Japanese actors because they tend to match real builds more often. The big problem is of course with blonde hair when it appears, because it usually doesn't come out looking right with a Japanese skin tone for whatever reason, or at least it doesn't on camera, for guys as much as girls.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
ServebotFrank said:
D0WNT0WN said:
mireko said:
D0WNT0WN said:
Grayjack said:
I think it may be a port. Persona 4 wrapped up pretty nicely.
Im hoping for Persona 4 for the PSP, I didnt finish the console version of Persona 3 so P3P was a godsend. I didnt finish Persona 4 either, I rented it multiple times and I got the the last boss where I died like a little ***** because I chose the worst possible party members for the last boss battle.

I eventually got bored and gave up.
P3P fixed the combat for P3, so I see your point.

If this does turn out to be a handheld port like P3P, I wonder if it'll have a female protagonist. Hashino did joke that we've already seen the "female protagonist". Of course, it was a joke, but does that affect the chances of there really being one?

Anyway, you need to finish P4. Best ED ever. And because I'm curious, do you mean the final boss or the final boss?

Or the FINAL BOSS?
I got up to the Sangiri dude and I had Naoto, Kanji and Teddie in my party and I was quite under leveled. In P3P I could grind in the dungeon for longer because I could pop my PSP into sleep mode when I got bored. I played P3P lots because it was on the PSP and I could just pick and play for a few minuted instead of sitting down for a few hours on my PS2 and getting bored.
Funny thing is that I still can't tell if your talking about Kunino-Sagiri, or Ameno-Sagiri. Kunino is the bad ending final boss whereas Ameno is the "final" boss. BUT there was a boss after Ameno as well if you do the right choices after you beat the game. So you actually had about 4-7 hours worth of gameplay after that. If you though Kunino was hard the True Ending final boss will kick your ass into oblivion!
Ameno-Sagiri (The Big Eyeball) you fight after you beat
Adachi
, I was under leveled so Adachi gave me a beating (even though I had a Persona which was immune to physical attacks) and Ameno-Sagiri finished the job.

TheCrownlessKing

Mar 18, 2011
Probably gonna be something like P4D.

Ya know since there is going to be a persona game for the 3DS I am saying it's Persona 4 port for the 3DS.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
VanQQisH said:
I thought they had already announced theyare working on P5 only recently, don't know why people think it would be that so soon. Besides, Catherine JUST launched a month ago, give them some breathing room. I never saw the last Persona anime but I heard it was bad, let's hope this won't be. Oh who am I kidding, I'll watch it anyway, I mean come on, CHIE!
I'll check in from time to time to see if Naoto, Chie, and the rest of the cast make appearances. Still disappointed.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
VanQQisH said:
-CHIE-
I'll check in from time to time to see if Naoto, Chie, and the rest of the cast make appearances. Still disappointed.
Yeah, but after Trinity Soul.. this is worrying.

This is probably the easiest path to take, but the protagonist is the problem. The protagonist of P4 is completely player-defined, which makes for a lot of problems:

Firstly, the protagonist has no personality by default, because the player is the protagonist. Giving him a new personality will completely change the meaning of the game, and not giving him one will produce a really boring character. In both cases, we will end up hating him because he isn't us.

Secondly, the game is very modular. You choose which relationships to pursue and which persona to use. Since none of that can be included in a linear narrative, it will all be cut.

Thirdly, I may have already mentioned this, but the "wild card" persona of the protagonist is directly linked to the fact that the player is a part of the character's identity. To make the anime work, they will have to limit him to Izanagi, or turn him into an actual schizophrenic.

This is the option with the highest chance of success, since we'd only see the characters' influenced by each other rather than the protagonist.

The TV world persisted at the end of P4, so there are openings in the plot. Of course, they would need to come up with a completely new storyline, which may or may not suck. It would be worth the risk, but for some reason I don't think they'll take it.
This is what they did with Trinity Soul, so in this case I have evidence that it's a terrible idea and will fail. Therefore I suspect that's the one they'll try.

I mean, it could work, but it probably won't. It's a game of chance.
Like B, this one could work as well. The downside would be that the characters we all know and love wouldn't get much screentime.

The upside is that they would get fewer chances to derail their characters and insult the canon as much as they can.

B or D could work, but it will probably be A or C. I hope I am proven wrong about this.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
mireko said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
VanQQisH said:
-CHIE-

This is probably the easiest path to take, but the protagonist is the problem. The protagonist of P4 is completely player-defined, which makes for a lot of problems:

Firstly, the protagonist has no personality by default, because the player is the protagonist. Giving him a new personality will completely change the meaning of the game, and not giving him one will produce a really boring character. In both cases, we will end up hating him because he isn't us.

Secondly, the game is very modular. You choose which relationships to pursue and which persona to use. Since none of that can be included in a linear narrative, it will all be cut.

Thirdly, I may have already mentioned this, but the "wild card" persona of the protagonist is directly linked to the fact that the player is a part of the character's identity. To make the anime work, they will have to limit him to Izanagi, or turn him into an actual schizophrenic.

This is the option with the highest chance of success, since we'd only see the characters' influenced by each other rather than the protagonist.

The TV world persisted at the end of P4, so there are openings in the plot. Of course, they would need to come up with a completely new storyline, which may or may not suck. It would be worth the risk, but for some reason I don't think they'll take it.
This is what they did with Trinity Soul, so in this case I have evidence that it's a terrible idea and will fail. Therefore I suspect that's the one they'll try.

Like B, this one could work as well. The downside would be that the characters we all know and love wouldn't get much screentime.

The upside is that they would get fewer chances to derail their characters and insult the canon as much as they can.

B or D could work, but it will probably be A or C. I hope I am proven wrong about this.
I'd hope for D. A would make me hate the protagonist and B would ruin the ending I came up with for P4. C.....no.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I just beat persona 4 TODAY and now there might be another installment!!?? The coincidences are making me feel anesthetized!!! <-big word

Sanglyon

Apr 3, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
mireko said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
VanQQisH said:
-CHIE-

I'd hope for D. A would make me hate the protagonist and B would ruin the ending I came up with for P4. C.....no.
What about E: they make the protagonist female (like in P3P), and re-tell the same story, but from her perspective? Keep all the characters, resuse the familiar story with enough differences (in relationships for instance) to remain interesting for those who completed the game, and, if P4P ever come out, there could always change the storyline a little bit and add new characters like in P3P.

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010

YEEEAAAAA!!!!

Either my all-time favorite game gets a PSP port (with PSN available release?), Or??..........

Persona 5 (PS3) =

Mykonos

May 19, 2009
SO the timer went down and I got the image from P4 of being sucked into the tv. THEN MY INTERNET EXPLODED. Now I'm trying to reload the website but, c'mon, so many people are doing the same at the moment. *tear*

Mykonos

May 19, 2009
OH SHI- IT JUST WENT BACK UP! Okay so, the only actual writing is CC Inded Corporation/ P4A Committee. P4A??? I'm honestly thinking we should check back on this site at midnight...

Stryphoon

Dec 27, 2009
got the entering the tv animation to load by clicking the channel knob anything after that?