Update: PlayStation 4's Appearance Finally Unveiled

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
It kind of reminds me of the PS2 with how blocky it is. In fact, it looks like two PS2's glued together.

I honestly kind of like it.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Can't say I like the design. Looks strange and the plastic appears cheap... but then at 399? and no DRM I couldn't care less...
Lets just hope it proves durable... unlike the one the AC demo was running on...

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
"The PS4, it's a rhombus"

-people who don't know the difference between a rhombus and a parallelogram.

I guess actually it's more like a parallelogram prism if we're really gonna get technical. And not a single fuck was given that day.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I'm actually pretty happy with this. Nice and functional, and smaller than the PS3.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Did you all hear the bombs Sony just dropped on Microsoft?!

Let me tell ya for those that missed it!

1. No internet connection required, no 24 hour check ins, your single player games work offline, all the time. BOOM!
2. Used games a go. Sell your games to a stranger, rentals, lend your games to a friend, keep 'em for yourself. BOOM!
3. All that goodness launching at $399, $100 less than the Xbon.. Xbox One. BOOOOOM!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Nice design. Console appearance has never been a factor in my purchasing decisions (and I really don't get why it should be to be honest) but it's not a bad looking system by any means.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Cognimancer said:
PlayStation 4's Appearance Finally Unveiled

Sony's next-gen console is ready to show you its stuff. Its high-tech, rhombus-shaped stuff.

Sony earned a lot of ire when it revealed the PlayStation 4 without ever showing the physical console. Well, the time has come - the next-gen system has a finalized look, and there's no better time to show it off than E3. If you're busy snarking about how it's a lot of fuss over a black box, you may want to hold your tongue. The PS4 has a radical design that's way more interesting than just some black box.

It's a black rhombus.

[gallery=1545]

More to come as the Sony E3 press conference continues!

FUCKING SWEET!

I had a spot in my set-up that needed something of a rhombus design. This is PERFECT!

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
Man, that thing looks really really awkward... And it is just a black box...

Do we know the price though?
$399. $100 USD less than the Xbox One.

SLasher797

May 25, 2013
so what you're telling me is that the ps4 will be $100 less and as far as we know not have 24 hour drm? the xbone is looking pretty bad at this point.

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
I like how it looks. The xbone is ugly as fuck. The PS4 has way more selling points too, and no fucking needed kinect shit.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Why does damn near everything seem to be in black these days? About the only exceptions I can think of off the top of my head are the WiiU and a couple of smartphones. PC cases? Black, black, and more black. Enough! Give us some variety!

Jmp_man

Apr 24, 2011
Benedict said:
Guys, that's not what a rhombus is. The bisecting diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular, and its sides are all congruent- the PS4 is just an ordinary parallelogram- or rather, since it's three-dimensional, a parallelepiped. Much more stylish than a blocky old rhombus.
Actually I was just coming in here just to say that very thing. Of course I couldn't have put it so elegantly but anyway...

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
As other people have pointed out, the PS4 is not rhombus-shaped. However, it did make me think of this:

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I have a feeling that they waited this long to show it off, because they didn't know what to make the outside look like and decided just to try to copy the Bone but make it look "cooler."

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I dunno about you guys, but I think this thing looks pretty cool. So, what does Sony have now?

1. Better-looking console
2. $100 cheaper
3. No DRM or anti-used games BS

So, what does the Xbone have?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Sooooo it's the same as the Xbox One, only a parallelogram? Wow.

Still, the price is right and it doesn't require a Kinect...