[UPDATE] Rumor: Wachowskis Preparing Two More Matrix Sequels

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
You know what I would love to see? Having the bloody Matrix go BSOD, and seeing how the programs/people try to cope with their world going down in flames. That would be one awesome movie.
Or you know what else? Having a biblically inspired cyperpunk fight between a messianic savior (who also knows kung-fu), and a nearly omnipotent adversary created by the messianic savior's own creator. Yeah...that's awesome! Oh wait, no that's a terrible idea. See why moves 2 and 3 sucked so much? They don't need a sequel...

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Suicideking said:
If the new reincarnation of Neo was to appear, that should mean the Matrix was once again reset. Which would then leave huge gaps in what happened and would completely distance the new sequels from the originals, and basically would end up just being the first movie again.
Hmm, I hate to say it but it sounds kind of interesting. Though it would get boring when Smith resurfaces. Again. In the first movie the Agents were feared like these immortal creatures, but now that we've seen them so many times and figured out that they can be defeated they're not so much as a threat but an inconvenience.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
zidine100 said:
Rusman said:
No... please no. Can't we just forget 2 and 3 ever happened a revel in the brilliance of the first one as if it was a stand alone title?
well lets just hope they make those ones non canon somehow. Theres always hope.
In a world where Neo never went down the Rabbit hole...

Keanu Reeves as... Mr. Anderson!!

It's 4 combined hours of watching him file paperwork.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Veloxe said:
zidine100 said:
Rusman said:
No... please no. Can't we just forget 2 and 3 ever happened a revel in the brilliance of the first one as if it was a stand alone title?
well lets just hope they make those ones non canon somehow. Theres always hope.
In a world where Neo never went down the Rabbit hole...

Keanu Reeves as... Mr. Anderson!!

It's 4 combined hours of watching him file paperwork.
Actually it seemed like Mr. Anderson had a relatively interesting life as a hacker/spy/whatever before he got all kungfu-ified.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Can someone please prevent the Wachowskis from making any more cinematic abortions? PLEASE?!!?!? ><

necronmm

Dec 14, 2010
Arrgh, they should focus on making the story interesting instead of "revolutionizing" the action genre.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I liked the first two films but the third was, to my mind, fucking terrible. Can't say I'm looking forward to these films if they do come out.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Rusman said:
I wish I could forget.

OT: They should only make more of they are better than 2 and 3.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
That Guy Who Phails said:
AC10 said:
I hope it turns out that the matrix was in another matrix.
And that Matrix was being used by a Na'vi in a link with a human, who was being lived through by his descendant in an Animus, who Himself was in another matrix
Which all just turned out to be a layer in the Inception dream state and they still have to go deeper!