Update: Who's Leading the Console War in Europe?

shial

Jan 5, 2009
Onmi said:
Cryo84R said:
So Sony counts more countries as "Europe" thus making it the leader in Europe?
But it's perfectly alright for Microsoft to count Africa as apart of Europe.
Probably has to do with which office actually handles that area rather than the actual physical location of the sales. I don't think Microsoft has any major branch office in Africa.

cleverlymadeup said:
also i'm not a fanboy, i just happen to have a realistic view on things. also why not prove my educated guess wrong, instead you'll just say i'm being a fanboy instead of actually putting some effort into it

the fact is that Australia has about 21 million people, to say there is 2 million plus PS3's there is stretching it a bit too far, even combining with the whole Australiasia you'd be hard pressed to get it to 2 million considering the rampant poverty in that region, excluding Australia
The reason for the numbers is the PS3 Slim. It just launched so of course they shipped out millions of fresh units to all of their stores (hence booking them as sales). People were not buying the PS3's that were still on the shelf because if they were going to buy they would be waiting for the new system. This ends up with a lot being held by stores.

y8c616

May 14, 2008
well even if the ps3 has a discrepancy 2 million unsold units on the shelves, they've still sold more than the 360 this far in.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Onmi said:
shial said:
Onmi said:
Cryo84R said:
So Sony counts more countries as "Europe" thus making it the leader in Europe?
But it's perfectly alright for Microsoft to count Africa as apart of Europe.
Probably has to do with which office actually handles that area rather than the actual physical location of the sales. I don't think Microsoft has any major branch office in Africa.
At least Australia and Malaysia are apart of the Commonwealth so technically we DO count as europe.

Doesn't matter this is all a pissing contest, Microsoft say 9 Million, Sony say 10 Million, Microsoft is saying "Nu uh they count it differently" in the end neither of the bastards have given me English SRW.
I don't think either of those companies are named "Bandai-Namco" or "Banpresto"

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Why are these guy always casually smiling in those pictures?

They should be wearing war-paint and roaring to the camera.
I completely argee.

luas_dublin

Nov 30, 2009
Onmi said:
At least Australia and Malaysia are apart of the Commonwealth so technically we DO count as europe.

Wait, what?
The Commonwealth has bugger all to do with Europe, less in fact , by that logic Canada is European , whereas Ireland (the bit I live in anyway), isn't.
It's grouping is probably more to do with Australia and Malaysia being PAL than anything , or possibly the "countries left over after we divided up the business markets, being tacked on to Europe " which is why you have things like E.M.E.A.