Update: Xbox One E3 Demos May Have Been On Windows 7

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Would you look at that, in the haste to badmouth Microsoft, this article was almost entirely wrong with the exception of a single game.

At least try to be objective in your reporting please.

Doctor Proctor

Omega-3 Man
Oct 21, 2008
smithy_2045 said:
Would you look at that, in the haste to badmouth Microsoft, this article was almost entirely wrong with the exception of a single game.

At least try to be objective in your reporting please.
Yeah, no kidding. We get like two lines of an update that basically invalidates almost all of the speculation in a multi-paragraph article. This is just shoddy reporting. I'm disappointed in you Escapist.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Even if this turns out to be one big misunderstanding and the Xbone games were really being run on the Xbone, this has already been released onto the Internet as "Xbone can't handle the specs that Microsoft released," which is gonna hurt Microsoft regardless.

Unless Halo 5 turns out to be the next Goldeneye, I think the Xbone is simply done. Even if it survives, it'll be a shadow of the 360's legacy.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Maybe Microsoft couldn't get a stable internet connection to their servers so had to use machines that were capable of processing the games without the aid of those servers...

Hahaha... MUAHAHHAA

*sigh*, this is depressing. I've gone from shock to being completely not surprised at anything MS does. If another picture was revealed that those same computers were powered by babies forced to generate power by crawling in hamster wheels I'd have trouble being shocked and I actually like microsoft... Imagine the people who hate them.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Why would they run Nvidia and Intel hardware when clearly XBone uses AMD tech?

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
So do we raise the torches and pitchforks or not?

Seriouly now, I can see how this is an issue, considering the are running the games on different hardware than the one they are advertising.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Wait, the Xbone is running Windows 8?

I'm pre-ordering a PS4.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Sansha said:
Wait, the Xbone is running Windows 8?

I'm pre-ordering a PS4.
Funnily it is said to run 3, one for the games, one for the media stuff and social stuff oh and then a main system core to keep both in check and running.

Yeah is Microsoft doing a PS3 here? Remember that "We have the Cell Processor it can do many small things very quick"

DiamanteGeeza

Jun 25, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
E3 Demos ALWAYS run on PC rigs. This isn't new. It's been that way for forever. There are plenty of reasons to poopoo the Xbox One (and i'm on the bandwagon here) but this isn't one of them.

PS: Ps4 Devkits is code for "PC's with comperable specs to the ps4"
That actually isn't true. As a developer with many decades of experiences (and many showings at E3), I can tell you this only tends to happen around console launches. Once into the console cycle, however, the consoles themselves are a far more stable platform than a Windows box for a situation such as E3, and unless a developer's game is destined to have a PC SKU, they're unlikely to waste weeks of precious dev time getting a PC version running properly.

Now DEV KITS... oh yes, many games at E3 run on dev kits because games in development typically use more memory than the retail box has, so they need the extra RAM found in a typical dev kit.

I'm not saying alleged 'console' games running on PCs at E3 doesn't ever happen, but to say it "ALWAYS" happens just isn't true.