US Air Force Confirms Existence of "Brony" Squadron

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Worgen said:
So your saying the pilots in your country are too wussy to like ponies? Its ok, not every county can be manly.
I don't think watching a TV show hones sexuality?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
So your saying the pilots in your country are too wussy to like ponies? Its ok, not every county can be manly.
I don't either, and I didn't say it did.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Worgen said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
Yes you did, Brett.

"you are too insecure in your masculinity to appreciate some colorful ponies"
So watching ponies reaffirms masculinity, is that it? Just wondering.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
Yes you did, Brett.

No, my point there isn't that it reaffirms masculinity, but it takes a certain amount to be capable of admitting to enjoying something like colorful ponies. You have to be able to stand up to the haters and say "deal with it".

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Worgen said:
No, my point there isn't that it reaffirms masculinity, but it takes a certain amount to be capable of admitting to enjoying something like colorful ponies. You have to be able to stand up to the haters and say "deal with it".
This is more commonly known as the 'real men wear pink' effect. If you are male and like pink, it's okay to wear it even if you get some stares.

3AM

Oct 21, 2010
Drthekay said:
Worgen said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Worgen said:
Yes you did, Brett.

My goah this is just ridiculous. It doesnt take any courage to say you like a childrens show and claiming that it does is just yor way of trying to justify your own masculinity to yorself, you're a self-loathing brony who imagines there are 'haters'. You act like its coming out saying you're homosexual, and I bet without a douvt that you bronies have continously insulted many homosexuals who genuinely had to come out to their unacceptong families, The typical brony is like a feminist; you're like tht Anita psycho; you're hated because you're self-wntitled baffoons yet you pretend you're hated for unrelated reasons therefore causing you to be hated in further for your tomoolery, and the cycle goes on and on. Its not a good show, get over it, go back to memebase and pretend it was the hater who got owned and not you, kay?
2nd post eh? If I joined a forum community just to reply to a post I'd be sure to review my post for grammar, spelling, sentence construction, etc.

Also, reported, though you might get a prize for the number of groups you insulted in one poorly-written post.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Alright, so I just stumbled into this inexplicably long-winded thread, so how about I wrap everything up in a nice bow:

1. The whole badge is an ironic light-hearted joke. The military is made up of 20-something-year-old men; they're known for their discipline, not for their maturity. There's no fucking notion of honor being "tainted" by a children's cartoon, it's a joke someone in the unit made up after 30 seconds of thought at most.

2. Grown men watch a fucking girls show. This has been the opposite of news for at least a year now. There really is no point in arguing why, they just do. Watch the show on Youtube if you're so inclined.

3. If you're tired of ponies being "shoved down your throat", then just ignore it. I mean, I'm tired of Doctor Who jokes being thrown around the internet, but you won't see me viciously jumping on every fucker who makes a tired "bowties are cool" joke.

Seriously, everyone spamming these humorous news stories with both "BRONIES ARE FUCKING GAY COME AT ME MODS" and "Lololol is someone mad? imma post more pone!!!11! XDXDXD" can both go suck each others microdicks.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
TopazFusion said:
Would you believe that MLP was actually a banned topic at the last Escapist Expo?
No one was allowed to talk about it or even mention it, because it's such a shitstorm-inducing topic here.
Seriously? That's why everybody was jumping around mentioning the show ("what would your opinion be on a fandom based on a counter-culture that had to get its own quarantine board on 4chan to contain itself?") and had to imply it ("for example, if I said the letters M,L,P...") so much?

What do the organizers think the attendees are, 10 years old?

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
The Lunatic said:
I'll put it simply for you.

"Shut up."

"No! You shut up!"
I believe I made some very valid points in my post.

If the only retort or rebuttal someone can come up with is "shut up", then perhaps they can't actually counter my points at all.
Iron Criterion said:
I get being defensive if someone is being darn right rude/aggressive regarding your tastes
In this thread at least, that's pretty much why people are being defensive. Because there ARE some very rude and aggressive replies in this thread.

However, the people here who are simply saying "I don't get the appeal of this show", aren't really causing any arguments at all.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
skywolfblue said:
Worgen said:
Inquisitor Applejack frowns upon on your shenanigans.

No matter how much 40k stuff you post, I can counter it with cooler pony 40k stuff, its fun.
This image wins the thread! Proving that once again, everything is better with ponies.
Congratulations, with that comment you proved one of the pony haters point, that bronies infect other fanbases with pony representations and claiming it's better 'cause now it's got ponies. This is directed at both you and Worgen btw, as I'm to lazy to find his original quote.

OT: Well, that's hilarious.
Good for them I guess, I don't particularly care.
To each his own

Hammartroll

Mar 10, 2011
the clockmaker said:
Annnnnnd this is why the rest of the military makes fun of the air force.
My little sister is in RIDC to become a marine and she tells me all the time how every other branch of the military makes the air force the butt of their jokes. She's also a brony (pegasister?) though, so when I just texted her about this she said she had mixed feelings. Then I suggested she create a brony fire squad and she said she'd have to keep that in mind.

So perhaps we may be seeing brony paraphernalia in the marines too.

Segafriday

Mar 10, 2012
i dont think a they said anything about the pilots themselves bound together by a love of the show, its more like they just have a patch that parodies the MLP logo. i doesnt really mean anything beyond that. in fact if anything the reason its considered funny by the pilots is because they DONT see MLP as "manly" thats the joke, thats why they think its funny. in my mind that kinda of makes these guys the opposite of bronies. im not against bronies im just saying i think its a little ludicrous to think that these pilot having this patch must mean that they all like the show and identify not only as bronies but as a group bound together by being bronies, i think its just a funny patch, maybe the guy who posted this was thinking to deep into this

on the flipside, ive seen alot of people saying the same thing "im not insecure, in fact i watched one or two episodes and i actually thought it was boring/stupid/too girly" My Little Pony is targeted towards young women and girls. if your a guys and you dont like it, theres a good reason for that, so just shut up and move on, instead of trying to have what you think is an intellectual discussion just to prove how right you are, that is the opposite of intellectualism. if your a guy and you DO like My Little Pony, then OK great. its good that you find joy in something. thats a good thing. why does everybody have to turn this into an argument.

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
The Lunatic said:
I find some humour in a fandom that prides itself on childish things to so often coming across as so desperate for the affirmation of it by detractors.

Like, seriously guys, people don't like MLP. People don't like obnoxious people whom have huge colourful animated avatars of characters from kid's shows.

That's one of the things you're just going to have to accept.

You don't need to drag a thread on for 8 pages in some desperate desire for acceptance.

Like whatever you want to like, but, shut up about it, we don't need to know you've seen fan art, nor that "Clopping" exists, you don't have to talk about it every time the topic comes up.

There's a line between "Fan" and "Creepy Obsessive".

Most people actually dislike the latter and are fine with the former, and most people assume they're being hated on for being the former, and instead come across as the latter.
Funny enough, you can actually turn this argument around. I find the hilariousness of the haters having to tell me they don't like the show just cause you know, it wasn't clear the other twenty times they posted.

Like, seriously guys, people like MLP, get off your high horse. People don't like obnoxious people who constantly post just to cause a stir over a show, making arguments over something you haven't even watched. It's annoying watching people trying to complain about something while haven't bothered to do the research.

I mean it would be nice if I could get into actual discussion about the show but it isn't the bronies that bring the bronies into the argument, it's the haters, cause they have to constantly tell me they don't like me.

You didn't have to post here, you didn't have to talk here, you didn't even have to respond here but you did, because your jimmies are rustled and you had to let us know.

If I didn't know what to call that, I would call it compulsive.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Too bad this didn't happen when the show was still good.

Innegativeion said:
Anyway, uh, wrong; it was produced for the purpose of selling toys by Hasbro.
Which explains a lot about why the quality took a nosedive in post-Discord season 2.

It was MADE by a team of artists and writers to be entertaining and humorous, which it is.
I'll grant there's the occasional funny line from Twilight, Spike, or RD (usually one of those three), but I wouldn't call the show humorous on account of there simply not being enough humour present for it to qualify.

In fact its mission statement (according to the original creator and lead on the first season) was to be a girl's show that doesn't talk down to its audience like most young female's programming does.
I've heard the third season does, but I haven't seen it on account of giving up on new episodes three quarters of the way through the crap-fest which was season 2.

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
Hammartroll said:
the clockmaker said:
Annnnnnd this is why the rest of the military makes fun of the air force.
My little sister is in RIDC to become a marine and she tells me all the time how every other branch of the military makes the air force the butt of their jokes. She's also a brony (pegasister?) though, so when I just texted her about this she said she had mixed feelings. Then I suggested she create a brony fire squad and she said she'd have to keep that in mind.

So perhaps we may be seeing brony paraphernalia in the marines too.
see then, as a fellow member of the brotherhood of land forces I would naturally play that off as a humorous juxtaposition between the indisputably superior land forces (as an Aussie, I don't get involved in the USARMY vs USMC pissing match)and something soft and frolicky. Contrast this with the airforce ( a soft and frolicky organisation) showing an affinity for a soft and frolicky product.

If all of this seems like I am taking the piss, it is because I am, it is, if I read this correctly, a non-operational training squadron, so this whole thing is less '2 RAR is removing the skippy badge and replacing it with a bunny' and more 'class of 2013 mascot' By the time these adorable little air force boys and girls put on their big boy/big girl pants and actually join a real unit, they will have a more traditional emblem.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Magefeanor said:
skywolfblue said:
Worgen said:
Inquisitor Applejack frowns upon on your shenanigans.

No matter how much 40k stuff you post, I can counter it with cooler pony 40k stuff, its fun.
This image wins the thread! Proving that once again, everything is better with ponies.
Congratulations, with that comment you proved one of the pony haters point, that bronies infect other fanbases with pony representations and claiming it's better 'cause now it's got ponies. This is directed at both you and Worgen btw, as I'm to lazy to find his original quote.

OT: Well, that's hilarious.
Good for them I guess, I don't particularly care.
To each his own
If they didn't want pony then they shouldn't have come into the octagon, OH YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

Seriously though, Im not saying ponies make everything better but

This is a thread with the word 'brony', in the subject line, you have to expect to get ponies, its not like we are invading a 40k thread, although now its tempting to do that since it could be fun to find out which 40k fans don't take themselves too seriously.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Plenty of bronies have shown how seriously they take themselves, so I guess that would be fair.