Utah creates 5 person commission to regulate one trans girl playing sports

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You don't have to dominant to have an unfair advantage. Lia could've come in last and had an unfair advantage. I can't believe you think those questions have any meaning to them. Why even do any of the science when we can just solve with these questions and call it a day?
Great. Why is everyone worried about transwomen winning?

Anyway, now that you admitted this, can you show the evidence where Lia Thomas specifically had an advantage or are we still relying on generalisations of men and women?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
"In order to save women's sport, we had to ban women"
Yeah, this leads straight into the issue that I've asked a few times that no one has really answered.

When has sport ever been fair?

I cant compete against Michael Phelps, Michael Jordan. Tom Brady or David Beckham. So we should reduce their testosterone right? Check their DNA?

99% of women cant compete with athletes... so we should reduce the athlete's testosterone... right?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The NIH study is about the significance of puberty in development, which was never in dispute and doesn't even address the question we were discussing.
Delaying puberty is bad

Great. Why is everyone worried about transwomen winning?

Anyway, now that you admitted this, can you show the evidence where Lia Thomas specifically had an advantage or are we still relying on generalisations of men and women?
Because it's not fucking fair. I showed the evidence that trans women don't lose enough ability.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Because it's not fucking fair. I showed the evidence that trans women don't lose enough ability.
You posted evidence that specifically said that there's a point where trans women competing is explicitly fair, and you ignored to lady saying so in favor of your own "science"

It's sports. They're inherently unfair because no two bodies are the same. Right now, this bullshit has led to non-DSD, non-doping cis women being banned from women's sport for having an "unfair advantage". Is that fucking fair?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You posted evidence that specifically said that there's a point where trans women competing is explicitly fair, and you ignored to lady saying so in favor of your own "science"

It's sports. They're inherently unfair because no two bodies are the same. Right now, this bullshit has led to non-DSD, non-doping cis women being banned from women's sport for having an "unfair advantage". Is that fucking fair?
When it's fair, it's fair. I didn't ignore that, it's just when it is fair, they are past their athletic primes. Why are you bringing up other things that's not specifically about trans women vs women being fair? Because you lost the initial argument, that's why.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
When it's fair, it's fair. I didn't ignore that, it's just when it is fair, they are past their athletic primes. Why are you bringing up other things that's not specifically about trans women vs women being fair? Because you lost the initial argument, that's why.
Bury your head in the fucking sand as usual, I guess.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You're the one ignoring science because it doesn't agree with your beliefs.
Lia Thomas placed 2nd in the national 500m final as a freshman before hormones. Her winning a national as a 5th year senior after 3+ years of hormones is not a completely shocking and unexpected upset by anybody with even a cursory understanding about sports. She broke school records as a freshman with zero HRT. She broke the same sorts of records 5 years later, which means she's never broken any records that matter as either gender.

You are claiming an unfair advantage and I just can't see it. And that's got nothing to do with Utah's one trans girl who would like to play sports with other girls. Because the vast majority of people that these laws and rules impact are not elite athletes. Except when they are, and CIS WOMEN are banned from sports because "we" have to protect cis women's sports

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Lia Thomas placed 2nd in the national 500m final as a freshman before hormones. Her winning a national as a 5th year senior after 3+ years of hormones is not a completely shocking and unexpected upset by anybody with even a cursory understanding about sports. She broke school records as a freshman with zero HRT. She broke the same sorts of records 5 years later, which means she's never broken any records that matter as either gender.

You are claiming an unfair advantage and I just can't see it. And that's got nothing to do with Utah's one trans girl who would like to play sports with other girls. Because the vast majority of people that these laws and rules impact are not elite athletes. Except when they are, and CIS WOMEN are banned from sports because "we" have to protect cis women's sports
Note: Lia was 9 secs off the National women's record in March. She only won by a second

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

The science sees it, I don't care if you don't see it. That is literally what the studies have shown.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The science sees it, I don't care if you don't see it. That is literally what the studies have shown.
The studies of Lia Thomas, who isn't any better or worse in her new bracket vs her old bracket? The studies on that one trans girl in Utah who would like to play a sport in school?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The studies of Lia Thomas, who isn't any better or worse in her new bracket vs her old bracket? The studies on that one trans girl in Utah who would like to play a sport in school?
I don't think Phoenixings understand that even if men are generally stronger than women, that doesn't prove Lia is stronger than women

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
But you don't really know how to read or interpret studies.
Neither do you. Was the scientist from the video not good enough to interpret the studies either?

No, actual scientific studies. I guess I'll just wait for a really cold day to prove to you global warming isn't a thing then since just looking at a single isolated event is how you do science...

I don't think Phoenixings understand that even if men are generally stronger than women, that doesn't prove Lia is stronger than women
No, the literal studies that showed transwomen don't lose much of their ability prove it. Man, you all just ignore the facts you don't like. You have no actual studies saying it's fair competition.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
No, actual scientific studies. I guess I'll just wait for a really cold day to prove to you global warming isn't a thing then since just looking at a single isolated event is how you do science...
Buddy, there aren't enough trans people in high level competition for there to be anything *besides* single isolated incidents. In a particulerly crowded field, there *might* be two