Uwe Boll's Next Masterpiece Arrives In December

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
Quaxar said:
So an ancient magician summons a "warrior of the future" and the best he can come up with is Dolph Lundgren?

What about Mad Max? John Connor/The Terminator? RoboCop?
What wrong with Dolph? The guy is a pretty good actor.
Nothing wrong with Dolph, it's just that he wouldn't be my choice of future warrior. Like I said, this case totally calls for RoboCop!

Dagnius

May 3, 2010
Having never played a dungeon siege game, I found In the Name of the King to be a good watch; I'm aware of his track history of making bad video game movies but tbh I don't think I've ever played/cared about any of the games the movies he's produced were based on. ITNoK had a great cast, good sets and costumes. Sure the story was a bit meh but it at least kept me entertained when I had nothing else to do. I'd like to watch the sequel at least once... Considering I watched 'Watchmen' all the way through: I'll give any movie a try. (except the new resident evil movies, I just gave up caring.)

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Dagnius said:
Having never played a dungeon siege game, I found In the Name of the King to be a good watch; I'm aware of his track history of making bad video game movies but tbh I don't think I've ever played/cared about any of the games the movies he's produced were based on. ITNoK had a great cast, good sets and costumes. Sure the story was a bit meh but it at least kept me entertained when I had nothing else to do. I'd like to watch the sequel at least once... Considering I watched 'Watchmen' all the way through: I'll give any movie a try. (except the new resident evil movies, I just gave up caring.)
This is why I love it. Lilliard overacting and hamming it up! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCbz0XNN1SM&feature=related]

Such DELICIOUS ham!

Russ Meyer films are crap. Troma movies are crap. Uwe Boll movies are crap.

And yet, these become cult classics? Why?

It's easy; they're not trying to be good movies. They're trying to be entertaining movies, and Uwe Boll movies are, in fact, entertaining.

IridRadiant

May 31, 2008
"Oh, well, I suppose we should just be glad that the hero of this movie isn't named "Farmer.""

Except that the word granger is related to farming, too. From Wikipedia, "Granger is a surname of English and French origin. It is an occupational name for a farm bailiff." and its origin word is from the Latin for granary.

Mar 5, 2011
I kind of like his crappy movies.
Zulnam said:
The funny part is he did a movie named Rampage back in 2009 which was ACTUALLY not that bad. Funny part? It wasn't related to any game.

Just goes to show... No, he's an asshole.
Rampage was pretty good.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
You know as much as hating Uwe Boll is the way things are done I'm not totally disgusted by his works. He has some pretty entertaining stuff in there.

Rampage that people mention was actually a good movie. Postal was hilarious, and he is cool enough to make fun of himself in it. One that I don't think anyone heard of was Tunnel Rats which is actually a great take that to war movies always portraying Americans as the heros. And the original ITNOTK was fun to watch with the cheeziness.

So I'll watch it when it comes to redbox, but I sure as hell am not buying it.

agent_orange420

Sep 30, 2011
Coudn't the Asylum (Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus) start making video game films? at least the special effects would be half good...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
vansau said:
Snip
The movie's full name is In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds (no word yet on whether or not <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2819-Two-Worlds-II>TopWare Interactive is aware of this title)
Snip
Quite frankly, I'm amazed no one has made a Two Worlds II joke yet aside from the little remark in the article itself. After all, Two Worlds is widely regarded as a rather terrible game, and most people didn't even give the "sequel" a second glance simply because of the series it was attached to. That a Uwe Boll movie is now titled 2: Two Worlds really does make me chuckle heartily.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
well he is getting better, and say what you want they are entertaining if not for sheer stupidity.

maby we'll be surprised.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Oh, how enchanting. Uwe Bolls interpretation of "A Kid in King Arthur's Court."

I look forward to seeing this movie at Gitmo. But who knows? Maybe South Peak will find out about the title and sue Bolls stupid ass until he's incapable of getting back into the film industry. It would be a great act of repentance on South Peak's part after X-Blades and Two Worlds.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
What I find more ridiculous is the fact that this whole special forces pulled back in time/dimension kind of thing sounds exactly like that equally banal and dumb story Warner Bros bought from a guy on Reddit about marines heading back to Roman times, which is now in the works to become a movie. And that Reddit thing got a hell of a lot less negativity than this is.

Everyone seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel nowadays, at least you know this movie will be so bad it will be hilarious. As long as his films suck in hilarious ways I guess he can carry on.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Uwe Boll is just one of those things that gets...well, it's basically when a game has movie potential but is just put into the hands of the wrong person to make it a movie, sorta like Prince of Persia with Disney.

It's a shame really.

Spartanmk1

Feb 14, 2011
Critterbot said:
Why will this guy not stop making movies!? WHY!? What a nutter...
Maybe because people actually watch them?

I watched Postal...Twice... I enjoyed it. It was one of those, "The Fuck is going on?" movies, and it was entertaining.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Mr Thin said:
HOW DOES THIS MAN GET PEOPLE TO WORK FOR HIM.

Does he pay them obscene amounts of money? Then where does he get the money from?

I reckon it's stupid teenagers who buy his DVDs ironically. Hipster assholes, funding the Uwe Boll machine with their narcissism.

They should be ashamed of themselves.
I heard somewhere that he uses some kind of German tax loophole system so that even if (or more appropriately, when) the movie tanks, he still makes a profit.

But yeah, it's probably the hipster bastards buying his films to seem "ironic" about their film collection. I hope they're proud of themselves!

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
I'm very excited for this release, the movie will be horrifyingly bad, but all the various reviewers, most likely some on TGWTG, will tear the movie apart, which I will enjoy

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Boll also made a bid to direct the upcoming World of Warcraft movie, but was turned away by the owners of the Warcraft franchise, Blizzard Entertainment who said: "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you?especially not to you." Boll responded "Because it?s such a big online game suc­cess, maybe a bad movie would destroy that ongo­ing income, what the com­pany has with it."[17]