V-day and your plans

legend forge

Mar 26, 2010
I got my SO a dvd set of a show she started watching recently. I am going to wait till she is wrapped in her blanket after class (she usually is all wrapped and cozy in between getting home and dinner).

Once she is good and sedentary I am going to sneak off under pretense of washing dishes, but instead set up our dining room table. I got a table cloth when she was away the other day and some candles. Gonna turn off all the lights, light the candle, set up a lamp from the other room for ambient lighting (the candle is insufficient) and call her to dinner which will be a replica of the first dinner we made together.

Tacos in a poorly lit room. Romantic no?

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I just bought Company of Heroes, so I will most likely be playing that all day. What else is there to do on this insignificant date?

bleys2487

Oct 28, 2010
The boyfriend and I are exchanging gifts and spending a wonderful evening... studying! :D Our anniversary is on the 27th for one year together so far and we decided to just go out then and avoid the Valentines Day Rush and traffic in our area.

We're at USC in Columbia (the real USC, not those posers in Southern California), so where we live will be packed. City during the holiday is busyyyyy.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Nuttin' I mean nothing.
No one really expects me to do anything about it anyways. I don't care if that's a good thing or a bad thing, all it means for me is no pressure.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Misery? Nah, it will be just like any other day. Me holed up in my dorm room playing games and watching videos, when I am not in class. But unlike some people who do that only when they don't want to talk to anyone because they are depressed, I will actually be enjoying it! (That's what I always do so it is pretty much my usual routine) Thursday is also the last work day of the week, so it will be the start of my weekend! I might have picked up one of those valentine dessert things they were selling on campus if they didn't look so mediocre and expensive.

On a side note, even when I did want to have a girlfriend, and was perpetually sad about not having one, I still didn't care much about Valentine's day. For me, the best part was that my mom always made awesome Valentine's day gift baskets filled with all kinds of candy I loved and a bunch of other random cool stuff, and occasionally, a video game.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
First thing.
Take cat to the vet.
Rest of day.
Be super nice to the cat, so it doesn't claw my eyes out in the night.
Evening.
Go to bed, allow cat to stay on bed.
The day after V Day.
Wake up with claws embedded in my neck and teeth stuck in my chin.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I'm off Uni at the minute, which means I'll be waking up at 4 in the afternoon and thinking about doing some work, same as every other day.

Who honestly gives a fuck about Valentine's day?

Fight the power.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Probably just stay on the internet, or job hunting.

Phasmal said:
I am going to make a cake.
Then me and boyfriend will probably spend some time together and watch a film or something.
And eat cake.
Ooooooh someone loves me! I"M SO SPECIAL!

I'm so lonely

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Work.
Worry about my mum who's currently in hospital.
Probably flip out at some smarmy **** at work.
Get fired for flipping out at said ****.
Give zero fucks.
Go home.

Sounds fun, huh?

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I will probably try (and most likely fail) to get my girlfriend to play DOTA 2. The fallout will be spectacular, I guarantee it!

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Trying to establish permanent beachheads on the beaches of the Normandy in an attempt to get a continuous line of supply for invasion forces going.

What? V-day? Uh... if you excuse me, I've got some... um, people to call... quickly.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Still nothing presently. I'm silently protesting singles awareness day, just like every other year. :p

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Quaxar said:
Trying to establish permanent beachheads on the beaches of the Normandy in an attempt to get a continuous line of supply for invasion forces going.

What? V-day? Uh... if you excuse me, I've got some... um, people to call... quickly.
Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking this, perhaps we should join forces and still attempt to invade Normandy? We would have the element of surprise on our side, and I can bring sandwiches.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Work, grocery shopping (must buy chocolate ice cream), dinner alone, and either TV that makes me feel better or studying for class, which oddly has the same effect.

Nothing special...other than waiting for this annoying day to be over with.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Originally I had planned to do the same thing I had always done on Valentine's Day- absolutely nothing that differentiates that day from any other during the year. But after seeing the LRR Valentine's Day video, I must say, the idea of going around and spying on other couples does sound rather appealing.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Oh nothing much... just gonna cry myself to sleep, while listening to my Self Loathing playlist... comprised of mostly Radiohead songs...<.<

I'm already on my way there... :D

oh and than I have class in the morning... and that's about it...<.<

Sep 30, 2010
Well we're an hour in and I've already asked out the girl I really care for and been rejected. Brilliant start, can't wait to see where it goes from here.