Valve Dev Claims Steam Makes PC and PS3 "One Big Happy Family"

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
warm slurm said:
lol elitist jackass PC gamers will not want to play with PS3 gamers, sorry.Fortunately they're a small minority and no one wants to play with them anyways.
fixed...;P

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Pingieking said:
It's unlikely that MS would allow Valve to dip into their platform.
<url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109460-Fable-3-Coming-to-Steam>*ahem*
That's Valve allowing an MS first party game to be sold on Steam, which is on an open platform. It's an entirely different matter for MS to let Valve open an online infrastructure on a platform that they own.

carletonman

Oct 29, 2010
I'd love to be able to throw-down with my console toting friends, given that I only have a PC (well mac, but still). Make it happen Valve!

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
Well so long as I can download the old Tomb Raider without buying a PS3 I'll be happy as larry. Seriously, Steam can keep on harping on about Sony, but until I see a way to play old classics without being forced to pay through the teeth for something that is barely worth £5 nowadays, I won't be calling Sony awesome any-time soon.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
PatSilverFox said:
Meanwhile the Xbox weeps.
yep we weep because we can play online , can the ps3 players that too ... ooh whoops sony broke there psn.

/end sarcasm

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Lyri said:
I thought Valve hated working for the PS3, wasn't their an article saying it was a terrible system to program for?
That was 4 years ago, when it was just released and every 3rd party company had trouble with it, now that they've had time to get to know it and use the ps3's processing power, they've realised that it actually is a good system now (when the network isn't buggered.)

warm slurm

Dec 10, 2010
JET1971 said:
warm slurm said:
lol PC gamers will not want to play with PS3 gamers, sorry. and why would i want to play co-op with some random person on the PC? i have friends.
Why would I as a PC gamer want to play with some random kid on a PS3? I have friends.

[/sarcasm]

PC players have friends too, you didnt realize that there is a huge social network thing going on with PC's? that PC has had instant messengers for over 10 years, voice comunication for as long? can you say the same for console? no. stating that everyone on PC plays against or with random strangers is idiocy. cross platform gaming is fine and opens more opurtunity to play with more friends and allows for more friendship creation. and as a PC gamer I would have no issue playing a co-op game with a console player. I would have an issue playing a FPS against one if he has aim assist that acts just like an aimbot otherwise theres no problems.
You've got the wrong idea. I didn't mean it that way. I should've said 'why would I want to play with a random person on the PC or PS3, I have friends.' I'm sure the majority of a PS3 or PC's gamers friends are on the respective console, so why would they want to play with a random person on the other? Especially PC gamers, since mouse + keyboard > controller for FPSs.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
warm slurm said:
JET1971 said:
warm slurm said:
lol PC gamers will not want to play with PS3 gamers, sorry. and why would i want to play co-op with some random person on the PC? i have friends.
Why would I as a PC gamer want to play with some random kid on a PS3? I have friends.

[/sarcasm]

PC players have friends too, you didnt realize that there is a huge social network thing going on with PC's? that PC has had instant messengers for over 10 years, voice comunication for as long? can you say the same for console? no. stating that everyone on PC plays against or with random strangers is idiocy. cross platform gaming is fine and opens more opurtunity to play with more friends and allows for more friendship creation. and as a PC gamer I would have no issue playing a co-op game with a console player. I would have an issue playing a FPS against one if he has aim assist that acts just like an aimbot otherwise theres no problems.
You've got the wrong idea. I didn't mean it that way. I should've said 'why would I want to play with a random person on the PC or PS3, I have friends.' I'm sure the majority of a PS3 or PC's gamers friends are on the respective console, so why would they want to play with a random person on the other? Especially PC gamers, since mouse + keyboard > controller for FPSs.
My apoliglies then. I misunderstood you. but still I believe consoles and PC should work well together and even the next gen consoles should have KB/mouse support built in. that way its easier for devs to make cross platform games easier and even have more PC games that are not available on console because a controller just doesnt have enough buttons on them. I know you can put a KB/mouse on a PS3.. (maybe just the older model that had the ability to add linux)but there was no support for them with the games themselves. adding just that would be a huge step forward.

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
krychek57 said:
warm slurm said:
Except for those who own a PC and PS3 and game on both. >_>

I have a list of steam friends and I have a list of PS3 friends. They are not 100% the same list, hell they are not %50 the same list.

Now I have more opportunity to play Portal 2 with more of my friends.

Think past the scope of generalization (stereotypes?).

^^^ This i also have an xbox 360 and i would LOVE to pull friends together and play with whoever i want.