Valve: No Half-Baked Mini-Games for Natal, Please

dragonnewby

Mar 31, 2009
SyphonX said:
You know, I am entirely against Natal or PS3's magic-wand or whatever the hell it is.

Oh, yeah, they look so cool when demonstrated on a stage, but who really wants to play a game like that? I mean really? When are people going to realize that we're more interested in games than we are with gimmicky add-ons and childish toys?

The part that really grinds my gears:

The fact that Sony and Microsoft are slowing down their plans for next-gen consoles because they want to put out the motion crap. Yay. I use my PC as my primary gaming device, while I also own all the Wii, PS3, and 360. So nothing against the average console gamer, but us PC gamers are being held back by the consoles. We've been waiting years for games to go full DirectX 10 or 11, or with new features, etc. but the old generation consoles can't do it. We have to wait for the next-gen consoles. So with this 'motion' crap, it's going to be another 2 years.

Fuck!
I don't even get how people can afford all of that. I can barely afford games for PS3 and maybe some manga. All my other money is put to saves for post-secondary, etc. So I say, keep the current gen alive for people who can't afford the next one.

OT: I agree with valve on this one.