Valve: There Is No Half-Life 3

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
I agree the game is out of it's prime now, the engine is all that remains the actual game was good back then... would get smashed as a first person shooter now days, with all those call of duty's and battlefield 3's.

***Picture this scenario***
Two children, a boy and girl are dancing in front of a wall, the wall looks as though it's a major battle from star wars only it's 3D and the children are controlling the guns and lazors with their fingers, the small of the two is the boy who insists on yelling 'pew pew' every time he shoot. You give a small weak chuckle with is ended in a cough.
A mid aged woman comes in holding a package and hands it to you, and with tired hands you tear away the brown paper and inside is a CD case with the lambda symbol on it. It takes you a moment, it looks so familiar, what is it?
"Oh!" you moan with a wheeze. The kids turn around curious, their game paused and they gather around your armchair.
"What is it granddad/grandmum?"
"This kids is what games used to be like. Oh this brings back memories". The boy opens it up and looks at the strange silver disc inside.
"How's it work". You stand up with a grunt, retrieving you cane and walking towards the back door where birds are chirping.
"It doesn't matter". The CD case lays on the ground until someone eventually comes along, thinking it's junk and throws it away.

nackertash

Feb 14, 2009
THANK GOD. Very happy that HL3 isnt coming out this console generation. That would have made me cry manly tears.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
MarsProbe said:
SirBryghtside said:
How about the end of Episode 2?

Anyway, everyone already knew what they said in the OP.

HOWEVER, it doesn't deny this. [http://store.valvesoftware.com/holiday_comic/?p=3] Note the shape of the Christmas tree lights, which, if you think about it, don't quite make sense.
The lights just look like lights to me. The baubles on the other hand, if you meaning them, remind of those blasted mine-like things that would stick to your buggy in Half-Life 2 and make you crash, most likely.
They're the Demo man's sticky bombs.

OT: Oh well, maybe they'll release it eventually, who knows, all I really want to know is why they feel the need to keep us all in the dark.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Nicely trolled, Mr Tito. Nicely trolled.

The headline immediately got my attention, and a somewhat stunned response, only to find that the headline is a complete fiction.

The idea that Valve fans have over analysed some promotional material is... shall we say... less remarkable. :p I can go on with my day now, with a timely reminder not to trust any journalistic sources without double checking every thing first.

JackWestJr

Apr 9, 2011
I actually laughed at the last 2 lines!! xD

Didn't expect that at all, although that IS what I was contemplating earlier..

JackWestJr

Apr 9, 2011
MarsProbe said:
SirBryghtside said:
How about the end of Episode 2?

Anyway, everyone already knew what they said in the OP.

HOWEVER, it doesn't deny this. [http://store.valvesoftware.com/holiday_comic/?p=3] Note the shape of the Christmas tree lights, which, if you think about it, don't quite make sense.
The lights just look like lights to me. The baubles on the other hand, if you meaning them, remind of those blasted mine-like things that would stick to your buggy in Half-Life 2 and make you crash, most likely.

Anyway, given the number of "threes" present in the linked image (three legs on Randolph, three stocking hanging up, three presents, three clouds in the painting and the three spots on the boomer plushie), it's clearly hinting at the third instalment in the Half-Life [2] series.

You know, just for laughs, when they finally bring out another Half-Life, they should call it HL2 : Episode 3, even if it is a full retail product. That way, we could never say Valve didn't release Episode 3.

Makes me kind of sad actually to think I had practically forgotten about HL, given how much I enjoyed all the previous games/expansions. Well, apart from Blue Shift, which I never actually played. The passage of time does that, I guess.
Don't forget 3 shadows ;)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Sigh. I really hope HL3 doesn't go the way of Duke. After all this build up now I really doubt it can live up to my hopes.
You would be able to make another angry metal song though!

OT: See, I knew it. Better to shoot down my inner hype before it is proven false.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Greg Tito said:
A series of Cyrillic symbols (СПУТНИК НАБЛЮДЕНИЯ ) can be seen above Wheatley. Translated, the message reads: Observation Satellite "Lanthanum". Lanthanum is a periodic element in Group 3.
Translated to Greek, "Lanthanum" reads λανθανω. Note the lambda symbol, a gaming icon that screams Half-Life.
Numerous constellations can be drawn in the stars behind Wheatley, all forming lambda symbols.
Wheatley finishes his speech by attempting to give coordinates of his location in space. He only has time to say "1, 1, 1″ before being cut off. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
The atomic number of Lanthanum is 57. 5 and 7 are the starting and ending dates in July for next years E3. 5 + 7 = 12. 6/5/12 - 6/7/12.

Wait, what? Really?
This totally reminds me of the cheesefest "The Number 23", where the number 23 was being found ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE. Personally, I'd be more wary if there WEREN'T any subtle coincidences.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
sunburst313 said:
Daverson said:
Wait, isn't Chetf one of the L4D guys?

Welp, guess we know their big "3" announcement is now =\
He's actually one of the everything guys. Chet Faliszek is a writer who worked on both HL2 episodes, both Portal games and both L4D games.
To further clarify, they're all "one of the everything guys," pretty much. They don't break people up into teams or anything; whoever has time and interest in contributing such-and-such to such-and-such a project does.

Which basically means the reason there hasn't been any word about Half-Life in four years is that everyone who might have been able to contribute lost interest or got distracted by the Thnikkaman or something.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I am disappointed, but my faith still stands. Valve wouldn't abandon their fans just like that; that would be an idiotic move, and Valve is not a company of idiots. It's the only game company that I dare to put the most trust on.

Just give me the goods eventually, Valve, and they better be in master quality.

mrscott137

Apr 8, 2010
Why do I get the feeling that this is going to turn out like the Life of Brian for some people?
"There is no half-life three!"
"ONLY A TRUE DEVELOPER OF HALF LIFE THREE WOULD SAY THERE IS NO HALF LIFE THREE!"
"You're not giving me a chance! Fine, then there is Half life three!"
"THERE IS A HALF LIFE THREE! THE DEVELOPER SAID SO!"

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I hope it is cancelled, Valve create some great games, but they've fucked up so badly here, I don't even want HL3, but I just feel so embarrassed for them.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
So, no matter what Valve says about Half-Life 3, the mere fact they use it in a sentence is translated as positive news about Half-Life? That's sad.

silensay

Nov 12, 2009
Valve, please release episode 3 soon.

Your fanbase is starting to lose its sanity. We're slowly turning into conspiracy theorists.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I stand by my theory that they won't build any expectation, have any marketing, and just release it one day on Steam, as a complete surprise. Maybe on the 10 year anniversary of HL2?
My theory doesn't negate what he said, he only said there weren't gonna be any announcement, not that the game wouldn't just come without the announcement. And once it does, remember this.