Valve Thinks It'd Be "Fun" to Remake Half-Life

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Moonpooman said:
SomeBoredGuy said:
Marik2 said:
They seem to have forgotten this fan made project...
Bobic said:
Luckily for us some dudes are doing it for them.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Edit: let's hear it for ninjas!
Shame there has been exactly zero news about it in over a year.

It's pretty much safe to assume the mod is dead, but hey a Valve-made remake would be welcomed.

[sub][sub][sub]After Episode 3[/sub][/sub][/sub]
Except for the one a couple of days ago when they announced that the soundtrack was finished.
LINKS GAWDANGIT!

Sorry, it's just any news, even the slightest inkling, that this may still be going is like Jesus-Juice to my ear.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
TheAmazingHobo said:
Man, if only there was some way of moving forward, while at the same time doing something Half-Life related....... like....... like some kind of Episode maybe....

At this point, they are basically trolling us, aren´t they ?
I'm still hoping that this lack of episode three news means they're almost done with it and will tell us the week it comes out.

I've been hoping that for... 2 years now?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Moonpooman said:
SomeBoredGuy said:
Marik2 said:
Bobic said:

It's pretty much safe to assume the mod is dead, but hey a Valve-made remake would be welcomed.

Except for the one a couple of days ago when they announced that the soundtrack was finished.
Do you have a link to that?

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Didn't they remake Half-Life already and called it Half-Life: Source? And wasn't it exactly the same as Half-Life?

So if Valve has already failed at remaking Half-Life, what makes them think that people are going to buy another remake?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Gabe, Jack Thompson deserves this copious amount of trolling - not us!

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Moonpooman said:
SomeBoredGuy said:
Marik2 said:
Bobic said:

YAY progess. I had given up on Black Mesa good to see its not completely dead.

Anything bad you can say about Black Mesa is kinda irrelevent when you consider there getting more done on the half life front then Valve...

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Remaking it? Why? For better graphics? It's a pretty well-made game so there doesn't seem to be a reason to remake it other than that... and if you need ridiculous graphics then I don't think Half Life is the game for you.

alfawx

Nov 1, 2010
Oh god! Gabe's going replace the guns with walkie talkies! In all seriousness, though, I'm glad this probably isn't going to happen; we might've ended up with it instead of Episode 3. Oh. My. God.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
cowsvils said:
BioHazardMan said:
Fuck that shit, get on Half life 3 before you make a remake of the first.
Screw that, get on episode 3 before you get on Half Life 3
AS far as I can tell people are calling episode 3 Half life 3.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Way to make all the fanboys wet their pants, shen their breeches and ejaculate all at the same time...
I couldn't care less, just bring Portal 2 out and then I can go back to "having words" with Square-Enix about actually making a good JRPG again...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
WorldCritic said:
That's it, I'm done. Let me know when anything non-Portal related comes out of Valve.
Coming soon: Left 4 Dead 3 (the box art will feature the familiar hand with three fingers missing; guess which ones)

In all seriousness though, this does seem like a backwards step. Granted I've never played the original Half Life and the second was pretty good. Maybe there will be a preview of Episode 3 and/or Half Life 3 bundled with it? Assuming it gets made and released of course.

FoAmY99

Dec 8, 2009
ugh. i know this will never happen, mainly because with the schedule Valve makes to do anything, by the time they get around to actually doing it, no one alive will remember what Half-Life is. christ i've seen government bureaucracies get things done faster than Valve

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
TheAmazingHobo said:
Man, if only there was some way of moving forward, while at the same time doing something Half-Life related....... like....... like some kind of Episode maybe....

At this point, they are basically trolling us, aren´t they ?
What I thought, and I haven't even played Half-life at all (or any episode of it), yet I went "Hrrm..Aren't there an Episode 3 that is overdue by like..Four years?"

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well some people predict the BlackMesaProject (proper remake of HL1 on HL2 engine) will be done by the end of the year.

So FU Gabe, get back to Episode 3, or do the fans haveto do that one also?!