Vancouver Rioting?

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
Greatjusticeman said:
Holy shit, wow.

And I thought Bronco fans reacted bad after a loss at home...

Hopefully that Bruins fan is alright.
actually...alot of them won't be, considering several were intentionally STARTING fights, or hitting people at random.

WonderWillard

Feb 4, 2010
Whew, got worried there for a second, thought that Bioware was based in Vancouver, then remembered it was Edmonton.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
I've been hearing that this was started by that same Anarchist group that started trouble at the last Winter Olympics that were held there. Wouldn't surprise me.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
HorizonRadar said:
manaman said:
A fire? Just a fire, a few smashed windows, and a flipped car or two? I feel like I should head on up there and help my northern neighbors figure out what a real riot is like.
I live near Vancouver (Maple Ridge) and I have friends and family living downtown. I'm watching what's happening on the news right now and I'm sorry but what constitutes a riot for you? People are injured, people've been stabbed, and I can assure you it's more than "just a fire" as there are molotov cocktails being thrown around. It's absolute chaos!

I know I'm being extremely defensive but come on... there's no need to say that.
Wow. Hope your loved ones are ok, man.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
I was caught in the middle of the whole thing. Saw several cars get tipped and one get torched. My friend also got pegged in the face with a beer bottle.

We got out of there before the tear gas or the looting though.

PPSh-41

Jun 12, 2009
If I lived in Vancouver I'd riot as well. Two shutout games in the playoffs? Plus the Canucks almost doubled the number of shots taken in game 7, and still lose 4-0? That's just some poor playing right there. Oh yeah, add to that Vancouver has yet to win a cup, and don't forget the alcohol! Yay alcohol!

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
Ugh. I live in Vancouver, and I'd just like to say I am truly disgusted with some of the people in my city.

I didn't go downtown today, I went to see it at the Surrey Central screen, and it wasn't that bad. We lost, OK. But, there ... Do you people know how bad it was? At least 10 people died. They pushed one Boston fan over an overpass and he died. I don't know if I'm just young or not because this is my first city riot ... but this is sickening. Killing human beings? I understand, I'm a fan of the Canucks too. But when you get down to it ... IT'S A GAME! A bloody game. No one deserves to die over it. The original HBC, the National Post, the Chapters, London Drugs, everything was on fire. People were looting TVs from the Best Buy. Why. I don't understand why some people would do this.

If my parents would allow me, I would be downtown tomorrow cleaning up this terrible mess.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Jeez are they all drunk? Look at them, posing in front of burning cars, with their faces clearly visible - they're none too bright that's for sure.

They look and act like barbarians. Or 5 year old kids with adult bodies. Seriously, they're acting like animals, unable to control their emotions. I have only pity for these people. Pity and disgust.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
See, I keep telling people that it's actually not JUST America that pulls shit like this, but no one ever believes me.
Show them korean riots. That'll show em.

Digital_Hero

Jan 27, 2010
Fishehh said:
No, it is just mostly just a group of people who showed up wearing Balaclavas, they were going to try and start a riot no matter what.

Besides, real riots happen during the G8 Summit in Toronto, that stuff if fairly terrifying, 'specially when they decide to light up a police car with ammunition in it in front of your house.. Pretty, though.
But our horses dont carry the ammunition!! :D

Yeah it's a really sad thing to see. Goddamn Vancouver lol they seem to be fond of leveling their own city.

The sad part is that there are riots going on all over the world. Greece has a crumbling economy and a terrible government, other countries are fighting for their freedom and what does Vancouver riot about? Their team lost a trophy.... in hockey. =_= much shame, do I feel.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
AMMO Kid said:
Deadman Walkin said:
when the Flames lost everyone just went home sad. Why the riots?
Ya but the Flames didn't even make the playoffs lol

But in all seriousness, as a Canucks fan I was heavily disappointed when we lost 4-0. Still, despite the loss, I was very happy for Tim Thomas for getting what he earned and I was crushed when our stadium booed the Bruins. Can't people just be happy for others? Seriously?

He was referring to a few years ago when the Flames lost in the exact same situation, 7th game Cup final.

I was kinda proud of that actually, there was a parade for the Flames despite them losing and everyone was extremely supportive. During that brief stretch was one of the very few times I've ever payed any close attention to hockey and also one of the few times I've ever been proud to live in Calgary, go figure.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Wakikifudge said:
Ya you can hardly say the refs were against the Canucks (I am a Canucks fan btw) I mean did you see the hit to the head on Chara? Comon if anything they were trying to make the Bruins lose. Thomas was just too good and Vancouver played a lousy game. Sad but true.
Yeah it was just an ugly series, with lowlights on both teams. I'm looking forward to seeing both teams play each other next year. That's why I love the playoffs, so much bad blood is created every year that it always ensures the NHL is fresh

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Such a shame, the actual Canucks fans in the stadium stayed to applaud the Bruins after they won. I thought that was pretty classy.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
It is a true shame. The unfortunate truth is that in any major city with that many people there is always going to be a contingent that shows up just for an excuse to start shit.

The fact is that if you are a true Canadian hockey fan, you realize there were more Canadians on the Bruins team this year than the Canucks for starters, but how terrible for Lucic! The guy was born and raised in Vancouver and just won a cup in his hometown! ...and they riot.