Velociraptor attacks

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Strafe Mcgee said:
shatnershaman said:
We have the ultimate weapon against them (also works on space marines and talking mushrooms) realism. They don't exist.
Dude. It's a joke. For fun. Let it be, okay?
Yea I'll stop I admit I am way too literal/no sense of humour.

dusparr

Jun 18, 2008
Oww, that means I can't play the part of the other extremist...
You take the fun out of everything... :(

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
dusparr said:
Oww, that means I can't play the part of the other extremist...
You take the fun out of everything... :(
Thanks. I also have told the ending of movies to others,had people play by the rules, and gone over to someone's lawn and kicked their dog. (My attempt at a joke)

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
How will they beat the tanks or fighter planes?
Duh, jump on them and open the hatch, or just wait until the people inside run out of food.

As for the plane... you'll never make it to the plane!
Open the closed steel hatch? Get near BOOM!

Never make it? Like all those airfields ready to scramble? Or how bout those aircraft carriers? You going to swim and jump extremely high?
They could sneak up on the tanks blind spots and sit on the hatch until the poor fool inside decides they're gone and opens it.

Hmm, true about the aircraft carriers, but I doubta F1-11 could pippoint target every single raptor. Eventually, they will learn how to dodge the planes sights. But good calls.
A) when in a tank you can hear a normal person walking on the vehicle let alone when 6t00 lbs of lizard start prancing around on top.
B) tanks have a nifty thing called a TCU (tank commanders unit, funny shit huh?) that allows any crew with the knowledge to use it (or enough common sense to read the damned tank commanders view screen to call up said device) to scan around while keeping the hatches closed.
C) once the hatches are closed on a tank the only way to crack them open from the outside is with a large explosion or some kind of high-end cutting implement (no katanas do not count as high end, I'm talking welding torches or diamond tipped circular saws or thermite.) Raptor claws aren't even katana sharp.
D) yes an F-111 is capable of picking out each and every raptor by virtue of glassing the entire area with a fuel-air bomb.
E)an AH-64 Apache is far more efficient at killing individual targets like raptors, while avoiding huge amounts of property damage, than a F-111.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
How will they beat the tanks or fighter planes?
Duh, jump on them and open the hatch, or just wait until the people inside run out of food.

As for the plane... you'll never make it to the plane!
Open the closed steel hatch? Get near BOOM!

Never make it? Like all those airfields ready to scramble? Or how bout those aircraft carriers? You going to swim and jump extremely high?
They could sneak up on the tanks blind spots and sit on the hatch until the poor fool inside decides they're gone and opens it.

Hmm, true about the aircraft carriers, but I doubta F1-11 could pippoint target every single raptor. Eventually, they will learn how to dodge the planes sights. But good calls.
A) when in a tank you can hear a normal person walking on the vehicle let alone when 6t00 lbs of lizard start prancing around on top.
B) tanks have a nifty thing called a TCU (tank commanders unit, funny shit huh?) that allows any crew with the knowledge to use it (or enough common sense to read the damned tank commanders view screen to call up said device) to scan around while keeping the hatches closed.
C) once the hatches are closed on a tank the only way to crack them open from the outside is with a large explosion or some kind of high-end cutting implement (no katanas do not count as high end, I'm talking welding torches or diamond tipped circular saws or thermite.) Raptor claws aren't even katana sharp.
D) yes an F-111 is capable of picking out each and every raptor by virtue of glassing the entire area with a fuel-air bomb.
E)an AH-64 Apache is far more efficient at killing individual targets like raptors, while avoiding huge amounts of property damage, than a F-111.
F) this is a moronic thread.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Dude, 9 of 10 scientist claim that Raptor claws are sharper then Katanas, who previously where know as the most powerful force in the univerce.

Raptors as a rule kill you by the time you notice them.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Kovash86 said:
F) this is a moronic thread.
Thank You.

dusparr

Jun 18, 2008
Maybe I was not saying it right before, when a Goto is written in a program, a raptor appears and kills you and your family.

It does not matter if they are all dead, a raptor WILL appear, by virtue of some form of time/space/dimension hopping, and it WILL kill you and your family, regardless of the distance, walls, or other obsticles in its way, for it is a raptor and it will win.

aussiesniper

Mar 20, 2008
velociraptors, eh? I know of six infantry-carried weapons that could take it down quickly:

25mm Rifles. XM109 variety.
Barrett M95 firing incendiary rounds.
any anti-tank missile launcher.
an M203 40mm Grenade launcher.
(possibly) the SVD dragunov sniper rifle.
(Definitely) the AA-12 shotgun with explosive or slug rounds.

dusparr

Jun 18, 2008
Ususually the raptors jump out of ordinary objects when time/space/dimension hopping, such as: computer screens (only imideitaly after a Goto has been written), walls, windows and trees.
No human can wach every computer screen, wall and window at the same time, so the raptors would get you even with those weapons. (cept the anti-tank missile, but they just want you dead they don't care if you died wile killing them in an explosion)

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
sammyfreak said:
After they kill you, you notice them almost instantaneously once you are in a world of PAIN.

And I do find it funny that people debate the realism of a raptor attack more then they debate the realism of zombie attacks.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
Johnn Johnston said:
sammyfreak said:
After they kill you, you notice them almost instantaneously once you are in a world of PAIN.

And I do find it funny that people debate the realism of a raptor attack more then they debate the realism of zombie attacks.
That is because we have proof that raptors exist and yet we have none of zombies.

Sammyfreak: What garage-scientist told you a raptor claw is sharper than a katana? You know they can make mono-molecular blades for a katana right? And that the raptors claw is most certainly not capable of becoming a molecule wide, since it takes a laser to make a sword that sharp.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Kovash86 said:
Johnn Johnston said:
sammyfreak said:

That is because we have proof that raptors exist and yet we have none of zombies.

Sammyfreak: What garage-scientist told you a raptor claw is sharper than a katana? You know they can make mono-molecular blades for a katana right? And that the raptors claw is most certainly not capable of becoming a molecule wide, since it takes a laser to make a sword that sharp.
Pro-scientists, thats who. While Katanas are awesome have they ever cut open a T-Rex? Thats all the proof you need.

Gooble

May 9, 2008
Simply move to Canada/Scandinavia/Northern Russia-no way they'd be able to survive the cold there.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Pro-scientists, thats who. While Katanas are awesome have they ever cut open a T-Rex? Thats all the proof you need.
I'm sure they could, if we still had a T-Rex to cut open, frankly I bet I could cut one open with a decent kitchen knife if I tried hard enough, while a T-Rex is tough it is still flesh. Sounds like you got that info from a Cracker-Jack box claiming to be a scientist.

EDIT: we could also just lure them into buildings which have rooms that have sub-freezing sustained temperatures, like a McDonald's.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Kovash86 said:
sammyfreak said:
I'm sure they could, if we still had a T-Rex to cut open, frankly I bet I could cut one open with a decent kitchen knife if I tried hard enough, while a T-Rex is tough it is still flesh. Sounds like you got that info from a Cracker-Jack box claiming to be a scientist.

EDIT: we could also just lure them into buildings which have rooms that have sub-freezing sustained temperatures, like a McDonald's.
Rapotors where famous for being immune to cold...and Cracker-Jack boxes.

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
We need to domesticate our own Velociraptors, that way, we can ride them. We could like, give them light, yet durable armor and mount machine guns on their heads. The renegade Velociraptors wouldn't stand a chance.