Velociraptor attacks

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
Thanks though Sammyfreak, it warms my heart greatly knowing there are people out there I can thwart with little effort, it is just convincing them that they have been thwarted is like convincing Dr. Doom that he sucks, you have to use a system that is a cross between math and the scientific method, in the end it's just easier to hit them really hard repeatedly, but I don't get that option.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Kovash86 said:
Thanks though Sammyfreak, it warms my heart greatly knowing there are people out there I can thwart with little effort, it is just convincing them that they have been thwarted is like convincing Dr. Doom that he sucks, you have to use a system that is a cross between math and the scientific method, in the end it's just easier to hit them really hard repeatedly, but I don't get that option.
You convince yourself of that.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
sammyfreak said:
You convince yourself of that.
Well it's not like there is evidence to the contrary. Were there such a thing I wouldn't be basking in victory at less than 3 pages.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Gooble said:
Simply move to Canada/Scandinavia/Northern Russia-no way they'd be able to survive the cold there.
or wisconsin any northern state, or the mountains or anywhere its cold (like a married man's bed har-har)

this thread reminds me of xkcd

the bottom line is if raptors attack we're all screwed!

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
Hmm...wait wouldn't attacking America of all places be suicide for raptors since many many people own guns especially in the country where there aren't cops to kill the raptors? and in the city most buildings are fairly well secured against things trying to leap through their windows, you try leaping through the bars they put up in front of windows, and the doors are equally secured if not more so.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Kovash86 said:
Hmm...wait wouldn't attacking America of all places be suicide for raptors since many many people own guns especially in the country where there aren't cops to kill the raptors? and in the city most buildings are fairly well secured against things trying to leap through their windows, you try leaping through the bars they put up in front of windows, and the doors are equally secured if not more so.
indeed, america would be fairly secure, except for california and florida (the penninsula). and Raptros can turn door HANDLES not NOBS, nobs require thumbs. Colorado would be secure, so would the midwest and south-basically tornado alley would be safe because it is also redneck alley.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
the monopoly guy said:
indeed, america would be fairly secure, except for california and florida (the penninsula). and Raptros can turn door HANDLES not NOBS, nobs require thumbs. Colorado would be secure, so would the midwest and south-basically tornado alley would be safe because it is also redneck alley.
California would be Ok they have alot of gangs. Florida not so much if I remember correctly (I haven't heard anything about Florida in since that election they screwed up) they aren't too heavily equipped all things considered, no rednecks, their gang activity isn't outstanding, but they do have alot of Coast Guard which are surprisingly effective units.

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
How will they beat the tanks or fighter planes?
Duh, jump on them and open the hatch, or just wait until the people inside run out of food.

As for the plane... you'll never make it to the plane!
they're smart but not that smart

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
Duh, jump on them and open the hatch, or just wait until the people inside run out of food.

they're smart but not that smart

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Hey, you won't see them when you're in a tank or a plane, they'll hide and wait until you come out, you'll have to come out eventually.
as said before, they are not THAT smart

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:
PurpleRain said:
shatnershaman said:

Open the closed steel hatch? Get near BOOM!

Never make it? Like all those airfields ready to scramble? Or how bout those aircraft carriers? You going to swim and jump extremely high?
They could sneak up on the tanks blind spots and sit on the hatch until the poor fool inside decides they're gone and opens it.

Hmm, true about the aircraft carriers, but I doubta F1-11 could pippoint target every single raptor. Eventually, they will learn how to dodge the planes sights. But good calls.
once again. not that smart

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Surely the planes would be moving too fast to target a relatively small object.... still raptors would struggle against an Apache attack helicopter or any helicopter for that matter.quote]

planes miles up in the air going hundreds of miles per hour can target down to a square foot on the ground if equiped with the right equipment. plus (if not to many humans in the area and the raptors pose a threat) nuclear missles

P.S. if anybody can tell me how to put more than one quote in a post please tell me. I've tried but screwed somthing up. (that way I don't take up a whole page)

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
HOW TO SURVIVE A RAPTOR ATTACK:

1. When you first hear reports of an attack, pack up and travel as fast as you're able to away from Ground Zero.
1a. However, unlike a zombie attack, mobility is not your greatest asset, nothing short of a car will be fast enough to outrun these predators, packing lightly will leave you under-prepared in the event of a siege.

2. Find a safe house.
2a. Again, the rules are slightly different. The best criteria for a safe house isn't whether or not it has two floors(raptors could easily jump through the second story windows), but it is the thickness of the walls, windows, and doors you should look at. Nothing short of a fallout shelter will provide complete protection from an attack.
2b. Providing you have a large enough group, you might be able to actually make use of buildings with large windows. A good rule of thumb is to take the number of armed survivors in your group and divide by three, this will let you know how many windows you can leave unbarred and still keep watch over them in shifts.
2c. It is even more important that you keep your group in one area of a building. Over extension will lead to a delay in support in the event of a break-in that could cost the lives of you and everyone around you.

3. Shoot for the head. While certainly harder to do than with the undead, it is a necessity, as these creatures are remarkably tenacious.

4. Keep the area around your shelter well lit, preferably with incendiaries.
4a. Raptors can make far better use of sensory input than the undead. Trying to make your building look abandoned will not help. Instead, try and make your building as big a target as possible, if only to attract more survivors.
4b. Due to the differences in intelligence, it is actually easier to fend off a raptor attack than a zombie one. If you're able to fight off a pack only a couple times, it should send them the message that this shelter is too hard to crack, and thus give them cause to seek food elsewhere. However, you cannot show any signs of weakness, they can smell fear.

With this basic knowledge and a little determination, you too are equipped to survive the greatest disaster that could befall mankind.