Velocity

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
Oh for the love of...

That thing in Panel 3? It's a sock. Presumably one of the ones she was wearing before she stripped. Stop interupting this delightful conversation of who's the bigger jerk! My popcorn just finished.

Ogargd

Nov 7, 2010
Sandytimeman said:
Dude...that was a dick move. I'm...like not even able to express my hate towards characters I previously liked. Mol and Mr.Geeky there need to go take a drive asap so they can run into another poll.

Seriously he is pretty much responsible for her brain damage, he doesn't know what its like to try and deal with the meds, and he doesn't care because hes hooking up with her roomate anyway. Why should he take any responsibility. Grrr >.>
This. I really dislike those two now, not only for the bullying but as the person I'm quoting said the lack of responsibility, Mol should get kicked out of her apartment now and have a bad break up with (the guy who's name escapes me).

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Frostbyte666 said:
The guy just watched Erin throw an x-box at his girlfriends head. I don't think he's thinking rationally, his rage on a hair trigger and is just about keeping from beating her to a pulp so best course of action get her out the house now before he does beat her up. The grow up Erin comment is probably more from anger than actually addressing her issues.
I'm gonna agree with this evaluation. Trust me, I've seen similar cases. Sometimes a person gets pushed too far. That point would be when they or someone/something they care about is attacked. Saying that he is over-reacting after watching a fairly heavy object get thrown at his girlfriend's head is refusing to acknowledge his own concerns. And its a double whammy because the object that was thrown was his XBox. That may not be a family heirloom, but how many of you would be pissed if someone threw your game console against a wall? Regardless of whether they threw it at a person you care about? That's what I thought.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, it's as the old saying goes: when you take advice from an insane man without any emotional maturity who knows no way to process grief but murder, you're going to end up throwing a large consumer electronic at someone who is having sex more frequently than you.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm at an indecision. I'm angry at Clutch for telling her to grow up when this is a mental disorder we're talking about, not just some childish fantasizing, especially when her whole delusion is mostly his fault in ramming her through a car windshield. But, Erin isn't taking her meds, and it's causing her to act out. Though, I can't really say I blame her for not taking them, if it feels like she's sacrificing herself to them just so that she can function.

I'm also confused that Kratos seems sympathetic. Although, I guess it's not totally out of character. There was that scene where Pandora was saying the gods called her a monster, and Kratos gave a look that could have been saying "I get that. They think the same of me.", while he was holding his own personal Helios-head flashlight.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
*takes off glasses*

well I guess the X Box got a wall to the knee

*YAHHHH*

sorry for the bad joke guys

also @DugMachine nice avatar

realslimshadowen

Aug 28, 2010
Clutch is...just a first-rate ass in this strip. Granted Erin could have explained to others the issue of her medications not working, and she could have caused an injury throwing the X-box, but damn, grow some fucking perspective, ya douchenozzle. (The "she broke into the house" thing is nullified since he wasn't angry until the X-box throwing, in fact treating the fight like his own personal foxy boxing match.)

1) He caused the accident.
2) She has mental issues and he tells her to grow up. She tried the medication and in her opinion it made things worse, in effect meaning she has an untreatable mental illness.
3) He doesn't give her time to get her pants on, and throws her out into the night in her underwear.
4) She is recovering from a head trauma and he throws her out the door headfirst so she lands on her chin. In fictionland, getting tapped on the head is often seen as an inconvenience, but even that isn't true in this instance, so let's treat it realistically: he could have aggravated her injury or killed her.

I hope he gets fired for endangering his "friend's" life, goes broke, loses his house, his girlfriend breaks up with his pathetic ass, and he ends up having to turn tricks for money to buy food.

Then he'll learn that having sex more frequently than other people doesn't mean you're a success.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
This is a lot more serious than what I'm used to from the comic.
Not that this is bad, just different, althought it is bad in the sense I hate to feel pity and I doo feel that right now.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Wow, Everyone seems to be taking this FAR to seriously.

It's a webcomic, not a deep insightful essay into the effects of mental illness'.

mdqp

Oct 21, 2011
Erin snapped, but she has mental issues as an after-effect from an accident, and her "friend" called her crazy... Twice. Who wouldn't snap? She had to be kicked out of the door, sure, but physically thrown out? Plus the little bit about "growing up"? That's an overkill, her "friends" should be a little more understanding. This is the first time she showed any violent behaviour related to her condition, she might be more upset than them and accusing her of wanting this was ridiculous. Plus, her "friend" pointed this out AFTER engaging in a cat-fight with her (while the other one sat back for a while and watched). I don't know if this turn of events wasn't well planned by the authors, but otherwise they (Erin's friends) are shown to be huge d***heads.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
realslimshadowen said:
4) She is recovering from a head trauma and he throws her out the door headfirst so she lands on her chin. In fictionland, getting tapped on the head is often seen as an inconvenience, but even that isn't true in this instance, so let's treat it realistically: he could have aggravated her injury or killed her.

I hope he gets fired for endangering his "friend's" life, goes broke, loses his house, his girlfriend breaks up with his pathetic ass, and he ends up having to turn tricks for money to buy food.

Then he'll learn that having sex more frequently than other people doesn't mean you're a success.
Yeah, exactly!
People who do something as insanely dangerous and life-threatening as trying to cause head-trauma are the worst. Those things are just unforgivable. Like throwing somebody out on the street or, even worse, hurling a heavy blunt object at somebodys head with enough force to partially shatter a wall.
Those people definitly need to suffer the consequences of their actions.
Unless, you know, they are kind of cute and have a vagina.

realslimshadowen

Aug 28, 2010
TheAmazingHobo said:
realslimshadowen said:

Yeah, exactly!
People who do something as insanely dangerous and life-threatening as trying to cause head-trauma are the worst. Those things are just unforgivable. Like throwing somebody out on the street or, even worse, hurling a heavy blunt object at somebodys head with enough force to partially shatter a wall.
Unless, you know, they have a mental illness that is seriously impairing their judgement.
ftfy

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
realslimshadowen said:
TheAmazingHobo said:
realslimshadowen said:

Yeah, exactly!
Unless, you know, they have a mental illness that is seriously impairing their judgement.
ftfy
Having a mental illness/brain damage/PTSD does not give you a free pass to act like a dick.

realslimshadowen

Aug 28, 2010
Andrew_C said:
realslimshadowen said:
TheAmazingHobo said:
realslimshadowen said:

Yeah, exactly!
ftfy
Having a mental illness/brain damage/PTSD does not give you a free pass to act like a dick.
No, but it should get you some understanding from the person responsible for the injury, as opposed to a direct assault.

DonTsetsi

May 22, 2009
Erin is struggling with a mental illness, the only stability in her life (her friends) are changing their relationship and her best friend called her crazy. I can understand why she had a temporary lapse of judgement. I can also understand Elliot's reaction to Erin snapping, being afraid for the well-being of someone you love can make you act like that. I think the person at fault here is Mol, she acted like an ass without enough provocation to make her snap, unlike Erin and Elliot.
Of course, Erin did break into Elliot's house....

P.S. Making a series of dark and serious strips in a humorous webcomic is rarely a good idea. At least they weren't about miscarriage, like a certain infamous part of Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
PunkRex said:
Abedeus said:
PunkRex said:
Is there anything cuter then Erin all scruffy from fistycuffs, kneeling in the mud with no trousers on?

The answers no.
Baby Krogan.

0_0 Im studying to become a Paleontologist... thats adorable! /)^3^(\
DAMN YOU DERPY HOOVES, YOU'VE TAKEN ANOTHER VICTIM, DAMN YOU TO HEELLL!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just find it funny that this many people are getting up-and-arms over this comic. I just miss the silliness of it all.