Vergil confirmed for DmC

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Today Capcom confirmed the inclusion of Vergil of Devil May Cry 3 fame in the upcoming DmC on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity/status/235301925925564416

What are your thoughts? I think they'll probably do another 'reinterpretation' of him and change his design completely like they did with Dante. Maybe he'll be a powerful corporate man in a suit, an opposite to the anti-establishment Dante. I dunno.

Captcha: love-hate. Yeah, DmC sure is.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I would be excited that a familiar character is coming into the new game, but then I remember how shitty Dante is now and I DONT want Virgil getting any of that business.

EDIT: *looks at picture and watches video of him*

This games just keeps being total shit...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Matthew94 said:
inb4daystarvergilove
Yeah, he's going to cream his pants when he sees this.

And then be completely disconsolate when it turns out they've rebooted him as a bird (probably a seagull or something) that insults you from up high, with the voice of Gilbert Godfried.

EDIT: Seems that I was wrong.

Mistilteinn

Jul 14, 2012
Well, here's a picture of Vergil:

It's...surprisingly not bad, given Dante's current look. I actually don't mind it. He's definitely got the 'business' look, what with the pin-striped pants, but I'm glad to see he's still got the slicked back hair and ridiculous collar.

cgentero

Nov 5, 2010

Honestly these people cant act(or maybe it just the script), still the levels look pretty at least.

Dec 14, 2009
Might
Controls
Everyth-

Matthew94 said:
inb4daystarvergilove
[HEADING=1]Oh come on![/HEADING]

Mistilteinn said:
Is that real?

God, I hope not. That jacket looks stupid.

Don't ruin Vergil guys, I swear to All that is Good and Mother to us All, I will kill all the things if you mess this up.

Dec 14, 2009
cgentero said:

Honestly these people cant act(or maybe it just the script), still the levels look pretty at least.
What?!

Who the fuck is that guy?!

That isn't Vergil! Goddamn!

If they were gonna change the personality of the characters this much, they might as well have started a new IP.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
It's not as bad as Dante, but still doesn't change my mind about NOT buying this game.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
Eh, I really like his design. I have no idea what they're trying to do with Vergil's illuminati leader schtick. Also "The Order" *Sigh*, are we seriously running out of ideas for secret organization titles?

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
So the "difference" they made to Dante and Vergil is that Dante looks like a drug addict while Vergil looks like a smug billionaire with a very annoying superiority complex. I can't believe they made the simple formula of twins, one arrogant and easygoing and the other is serious and refined, turn into something that is beyond tasteless.

Youtube Comment: "Leon S. Kennedy looks like the real Dante, and now Virgil is a Wesker's clone... Capcom and their never ending resource recycling..."

That makes perfect sense...for some reason.

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
Although I raged a lot about Devil May Cry being ruined, DmC keeps surprising me as if it were a whole new IP. It's different, but at least I'm still able to enjoy DMC 3 and 4.

Putting the nerdrage aside, this game looks surprisingly good.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Looks sort of like the Vergil we knew only aged by about 10 years and a new coat riveted to him.

I gotta say though that i expected worse.

Now just have to surpress nerd rage and give money.

Dec 14, 2009
Mirroga said:
So the "difference" they made to Dante and Vergil is that Dante looks like a drug addict while Vergil looks like a smug billionaire with a very annoying superiority complex. I can't believe they made the simple formula of twins, one arrogant and easygoing and the other is serious and refined, turn into something that is beyond tasteless.

Youtube Comment: "Leon S. Kennedy looks like the real Dante, and now Virgil is a Wesker's clone... Capcom and their never ending resource recycling..."

That makes perfect sense...for some reason.
Not a fan of the voice acting either...

I mean, how do you top this?

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
At least his character design is alright. Lemme watch the trailer and gauge his personality.

EDIT:
Well that reunion was heartwarming, wasn't it?

Pearwood said:
I like how he *looks*, how he acts is so bland compared to his DMC 3 appearance though. This sounds a hell of a lot like them saying "No, no, we're not a shitty rip-off with dumbed down combat and characters who bear no resemblance to their last appearance, he's a guy in a blue coat with a ridiculous collar! That makes him Vergil right?!"
Well said.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Seriously? People are hating now on Vergil too?! Come on people. I get Dante doesn't look the same, but it's a fucking REBOOT!! Not Devil May Cry 5, it's called DmC. A reboot people, calm the fuck down. The gameplay looks the same, doesn't it?

Anywho, now that I beat that box to the ground; I like how Vergil looks. I figure he looks like himself (not that Dante doesn't look cool, which he does.) and the relationship between the brothers looks like it's there too, which bumps it up greatily.

I'm pretty excited.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
cgentero said:

Thank God they changed Dante up so he doesnt look like a crack-head...

Is kind of unnerving to see Dante and Vergil not trying to kill eachother...