Vergil confirmed for DmC

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
So....I'm about the only person who didn't rend my shirt in twain and loose a peal of rage at the heavens upon seeing Dante's new design, eh?

The gameplay still looks good, so I'm willing to keep an open mind.

EDIT:

Sarah Kerrigan said:
Seriously? People are hating now on Vergil too?! Come on people. I get Dante doesn't look the same, but it's a fucking REBOOT!! Not Devil May Cry 5, it's called DmC. A reboot people, calm the fuck down. The gameplay looks the same, doesn't it?

Anywho, now that I beat that box to the ground; I like how Vergil looks. I figure he looks like himself (not that Dante doesn't look cool, which he does.) and the relationship between the brothers looks like it's there too, which bumps it up greatily.

I'm pretty excited.
Yay, I'm not the only one!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Oh god
Don't ruin Vergil too...

Fuck off, Ninja Theory.
I bet he fights with guns. I bet he fights with a fucking assault rifle.

I'll still buy it though. Because I'm sheep and I'm dying for something just a bit different -_- KH 3D is currently the only thing filling my "different and interesting" gap.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
ChildofGallifrey said:
So....I'm about the only person who didn't rend my shirt in twain and loose a peal of rage at the heavens upon seeing Dante's new design, eh?

The gameplay still looks good, so I'm willing to keep an open mind.

Sarah Kerrigan said:
Seriously? People are hating now on Vergil too?! Come on people. I get Dante doesn't look the same, but it's a fucking REBOOT!! Not Devil May Cry 5, it's called DmC. A reboot people, calm the fuck down. The gameplay looks the same, doesn't it?

Anywho, now that I beat that box to the ground; I like how Vergil looks. I figure he looks like himself (not that Dante doesn't look cool, which he does.) and the relationship between the brothers looks like it's there too, which bumps it up greatily.

I'm pretty excited.
Yay, I'm not the only one!
Devil May Cry isn't about hair and being a smart ass, it's about the combat. And the combat looks fucking sweet. Although the new trailer hints at a love story and this annoys me but then i could just skip all the cutscenes.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
That isn't Vergil! Goddamn!
At least he isn't saying this game may be fun. Even he knows it's past that point.

Sarah Kerrigan said:
The gameplay looks the same, doesn't it?
No. Far from it, it's dumbed down beyond recognition. You can spam the same attack over and over for SSS rank and massive damage.

Sarah Kerrigan said:
I like how Vergil looks.
I like how he *looks*, how he acts is so bland compared to his DMC 3 appearance though. This sounds a hell of a lot like them saying "No, no, we're not a shitty rip-off with dumbed down combat and characters who bear no resemblance to their last appearance, he's a guy in a blue coat with a ridiculous collar! That makes him Vergil right?!"

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Oh god
Don't ruin Vergil too...

Fuck off, Ninja Theory.
I find your avatar very fitting to your comment :)

OT:
Well, I don't mind. He doesn't look bad and considering I never "raged" about new Dante, I'll still enjoy the game. After all, DMC is about gameplay and that looks solid.
And judging by the end of the trailer, shit might hit the fan when brothers go to Hell, hence they start hating each other to death, just the way we like them, no? :)

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Pearwood said:
Sarah Kerrigan said:
No. Far from it, it's dumbed down beyond recognition. You can spam the same attack over and over for SSS rank and massive damage.
It being slow, choppy, and hand-holdingly floaty doesn't help.

The inclusion of jump cancelling was fairly amusing, though. Like putting fine aged cheddar on a Big Mac.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Lord Beautiful said:
The inclusion of jump cancelling was fairly amusing, though. Like putting fine aged cheddar on a Big Mac.
It has jump cancelling? Oh Ninja Theory, at least one of your designers was actually trying...

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
To be fair, it's hard to top the MOTHERFUCKIN' QUANTUM RANGER!!!TM

OT: Eeeeeeeeeeeeh.....I'm conflicted. I mean the DMC fan in me is livid to see Vergil back, Yamato and all. Hell, he's even got white hair! But the personality seems.....off. I know it's a different interpretation and all but at least Dante still seems like a cocky smartass whereas Vergil seems.....nice? I mean how do you go from being the antithesis of Dante to being the caring older brother?

All I know is that if they don't include a fight against Vergil then I'm gonna be pissed.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Pearwood said:
Lord Beautiful said:
It has jump cancelling? Oh Ninja Theory, at least one of your designers was actually trying...
Oh, yes. In Capcom-Unity's Ninja Theory-commentated demo for E3 2012, the player did some jump-cancelled juggles (or Helm Breakers, if Ninja Theory made those not knock enemies to the ground). It looked about as unnatural and clunky as you'd expect.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Lol I think at this point Ninja Theory could include a Dutch wife free with the game and DMC fans would still hate it.

Ever wonder why Nintendo hasn't altered Mario in all these years? Fans that's why.

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
I knew that Ninja theory would do this but my god did no one on that design team ever play DMC 3 Vergil is acting unlike he ever has (the "best" part is when he talks about saving the world) since when did he care about people or being nice to Dante.

I already made up my mind not to buy this but any good opinions I had are gone. :(

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
I was afraid they would do this and i am afraid it won't end well with Capcom's policy of "lets piss off old fans.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Sarah Kerrigan said:
No. [http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/29169411/Movelist_and_Gameplay_BreakdownDiscussion_and_FAQs] (No hard feelings, you should just learn why people are mad that their favorite franchise is completely screw up and it's not just the new paint job.)

OT: He looks a lot better than Dante, but as soon as he opened his mouth I had to check if it was Vergil talking. I know it's a reboot, but when you take someone and do a complete 180 of there personality it's not going to make things better. Vergil, the guy who tried to sacrifice the world to prove he was as strong as papa Sparda is now lecturing Dante on doing the same to save a girl.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
TehCookie said:
Sarah Kerrigan said:
No. [http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_may_cry/go/thread/view/7401/29169411/Movelist_and_Gameplay_BreakdownDiscussion_and_FAQs] (No hard feelings, you should just learn why people are mad that their favorite franchise is completely screw up and it's not just the new paint job.)

OT: He looks a lot better than Dante, but as soon as he opened his mouth I had to check if it was Vergil talking. I know it's a reboot, but when you take someone and do a complete 180 of there personality it's not going to make things better. Vergil, the guy who tried to sacrifice the world to prove he was as strong as papa Sparda is now lecturing Dante on doing the same to save a girl.
Look on the plus side. Maybe it shows that he's willing to sacrifice anyone for the sake of his mission, putting him at odds with Dante which leads to a sweet boss fight.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I... I just... fuck.
The gameplay doesn't even look that bad, but everything they're doing with it... it's just all wrong.
Plus, how do you make Vergil and not get his original voice actor?

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Sarah Kerrigan said:

I'm pretty excited.
I agree that the bitching about his new look has to stop. I do not like it but I am not complaining about it. BUT not everyone is pissed off just because of his look. I, personaly dislike the new Dante based on what I have heard every time he opens his mouth in a trailer. He sounds like a 12 year old douche bag who just learnt the word fuck. I also have no faith in NT as I have never enjoyed any of there games.

Also the combat seems slower to me. But that could just be the fanboy in me. I try to keep him tied up in the back of my mind and look at everything objectively but sometimes he escapes.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Oh dear, I'm really starting to worry that they're going for the cliche "I'm the only one who can save the world but I don't want to because I'm an angsty prick" story.

I really just wish this was a new IP. Like I said in another thread, I can't help but feel they're just calling it a reboot as a marketing ploy.

Stealthygamer

Apr 25, 2010
i actually kind of like his new design. it's not as cool as his original, but its 1000x better then Dante's new look, now if you can excuse me. *Goes to cry over the loss of Dante*

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
anthony87 said:
TehCookie said:
Sarah Kerrigan said:

Look on the plus side. Maybe it shows that he's willing to sacrifice anyone for the sake of his mission, putting him at odds with Dante which leads to a sweet boss fight.
Unfortunately I have no faith in NT to make a sweet boss fight, since it would have to be at least as good as the previous games humanoid bosses. Nelo Angelo, Vergil, and Credo are been my favorite bosses, it'd be hard for another game to match that (since it's not a true DMC).