Video games ARE causing violence.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Look saying Video Games cause violence just because people who jumped you so happened to play Xbox 360 is like saying Sports are causing violence just because you sat with the Raiders fans while you were there for the opposite team. You have my pity, but don't generalize.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
I was having fun with my copy of Splatterhouse, chatting and generally having a laugh. But then, just before it had to go home, it kicked me in the nuts and stole my TV.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
when i was just a young boy, no older than 12 years old, i was happy. i was smart enough to get through school, i had friends a plenty, i had wealth to be outgoing. life was good.

but one day, as i was walking through the neighborhood, i ran into an odd looking man. he went by the game of dragonball z: budokai tenkaichi. he seemed a nice enough fellow, but after a few days he began... abusing me. each day reducing me to tears, and any attempt to fight back was met with a brutal beating as i tried to gain an understanding of the controls.

after a week, i brought it up with my other friends, and we decided to take decisive action. we marched to my house and beat the crap out of DBZ. we have him no mercy, and after a few hours, he was done. naught but a corpse on the floor of the living room.

needles to say, after that, i wanted nothing to do with him anymore, not even his corpse. so my friends helped me take the body to the nearest gamestop research lab, and donated it for medical research.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Genixma said:
Look saying Video Games cause violence just because people who jumped you so happened to play Xbox 360 is like saying Sports are causing violence just because you sat with the Raiders fans while you were there for the opposite team. You have my pity, but don't generalize.
Oh you silly person, he said 360 games, not gamers.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Genixma said:
I take it you didn't read the OP, or didn't really get it

he's saying that games themselves are causing violence, not gamers

read some of the posts bro, they say stuff like their GTA 4 tried to mug them

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I was once violated by a copy of Bubsy 3D. It was horrible. He told me if I told anyone, he'd come back for me...

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Genixma said:
i think you missed the point of the thread. he said games, not gamers, so this is all just a big joke. enjoy it as such and perhaps post a ridiculous story of your own

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Radoh said:
I came to this thread wanting to be angry, but after reading the OP I can't help but laugh.
You sir, deserve an internet for this triumph.
indeed. truly a clever hook and a nice punch-line. best thread i've seen in a while

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Manji187 said:
twistedheat15 said:
I know it's a subject no one wants to admit, but there is a rise of violence being caused directly by the effect of video games. Just the other day while walking my dog a gang of 360 games jumped me, stole my wallet, and took Mr. Snuffles with them. As if that wasn't enough when I get home after the ordeal I find 2 DS games climbing out my window with my TV and stereo system. As a community we need to come together and admit the problem so that solutions being made.

Does any other escapist want to come forward and talk about any video game related violence that they endured?
What I don't even...

...is that...manga Hitler? XD
It is, but it's not nearly as good as the Chibi version lying around somewhere.

wezzipooh

Apr 2, 2011
When I was young, I was raped by a Commodore 64 cassette. They most humiliating part was watching it rewind itself afterwards.

Arrogancy

Jun 9, 2009
I would just like to say that I have a clean house and I would like to keep it free of certain wrong kinds of games. Those JRPGs have been sending me death threats and late at night I catch them vandalising my property. But I am a dignified gamer and I do not notice that hostile genre with its spiky hair and stupid characters, stories, and settings.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Before Reading The OP: Great, another person who just wants to get a couple of badges. Be happy that you got a click, pal.

After Reading The OP: My hat off to you, thread creator. Keep on shining, you insane diamond.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Mortal Kombat beats me on a daily basis :(. The it'll apologize....then abuse me some more.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
Drall said:
At first glance, I thought my PS3 was perfect. It was my pride and joy, and all my friends congratulated me on my amazing console.

But every full moon, when the clock strikes 12...my PS3...it -changes-.

Every full moon, I lock myself in my room and pray that my PS3 will overlook me in favor of my sister, or my dog....or even my parents. But I'm running out of edible relatives. I would run, but it would find me no matter where I went.

Oh, no....no, it's happening again! Don't take me, take the cat, no doOTHWUGWUHFGJEbn,bfv.
My favorite part is that your PS3 wanted to send a message to everyone else saying that were next by not only entering the captcha but posting this. Im too scared to leave my house...thanks a lot.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
NeutralMunchHotel said:
How does a topic like this even reach 7 pages of replies?
ppl obviously have lots of bad experience with video game violence and are finally letting it out! Not all of us are lucky enough to NOT have a guitar hero run off with our girlfriends and flat the tire on our bikes!