Videogame characters you share your name with.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Vanitas likes Bubbles said:
No.... none that I can think of. Apparently Caleb isn't a popular name either but I know 5 Caleb's at the school I go to.
i think Caleb was a character in Stargate SG1 as well.

I dont think there are any Troy's in video games. Besides a certain city and gets burned to the ground and its inhabits slaughtered ruthlessly that is.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Isn't the guy in GTA IV called Niko/Nico Bel-something?
Well my name is Niko, so I guess him?

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
Eric.

There are a fair few movies, comics and TV-series with characters that has that name, but now that I think of it, I cant recall a video game that has a character with that name.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
My name is Dennis... can't think of any characters with that. I know hardly any celebrities with that name other than the now deceased Dennis Hopper and Beach Boy Dennis Wilson. Do you know any characters?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Da Orky Man said:
The Wykydtron said:
Daniel, as in Daniel from Amnesia... That made it a bit more scary when you've got Alexander cursing your name by mid to late game.

Alexander does like to throw the word "Daniel" around now thinking about it... If he talks to Daniel he'll always address him by name 99% of the time even when a simple "you" will do.

"are you alright?" becomes "are you alright Daniel?" if you see what I mean.
What what about when your name is Alexander? Then it gets creepy...
Then you must confide in the fact that he's not actually that evil, but is simply misunderstood and only wants to go back to his weird little alien homeworld and love interest... Even if many puny humans must die for it.

Like a mad scientist version of ET ^.^

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Palademon said:
Uhh...why am I having trouble with this?
My name's common but the closest one I can think of in games are characters named John.
Big Boss form the Metal Gear Sold games name is John. You could also say all the unidentified corpse of the guys you kill in any game. If you don't know they call the unidentified corpses at morgues John Doe mostly in The U.S and Canada. So yeah fun fact.

Tomeran said:
Eric.

There are a fair few movies, comics and TV-series with characters that has that name, but now that I think of it, I cant recall a video game that has a character with that name.
They have a South Park game so there is Eric Cartman. If that helps.

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
Apparently with a character from Breath of Fire. This topic got me curious and I googled a bit. Never played the game, so I never knew!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
At the moment, I can't think of any video game characters that have the name Charlie. :(

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
Well, Commander Shepard shares my name. Also, the protagonist known as Vault 101. Also, the Hero of Kvatch. Not to mention mr. Dragonborn. And that dude from M&B.

ShotgunZombie

Dec 20, 2009
I share my name with these two awesome bastards...

I'm sure there's more, my name is pretty popular in fiction but no one else comes to mind at the moment.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
I might encounter my name in a FIFA game, other than that it's virtually impossible.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
Shaun Hastings of AC trilogy.

Granted, not the exact spelling, but only one letter off.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
One of my four names is the same as every galactic bounty hunter's favourite dragon. Another one is the same as a recurring Holy-elemental summon in the Final Fantasy series.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
I share my name with Alex Mercer is suppose, I can't think of any other Alex's off the top of my head.

I can however think of Alex Rogan from 'The last starfighter', a film about a teenager who spends all his time playing a space combat arcade game until he finally clears the whole game, where he discovers the machine is actually a candid test for spaceship pilots, where he is recruited into starleague to defend the fleet from aliens.
Pretty cool movie, I kinda want to watch it again now.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
I share my first name with Hugh Darrow from Deus Ex: Human Revolution
I also encountered an enemy in pokemon Sapphire called bird keeper Hugh.