Videogame characters you're afraid of.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
The Cyberdemon from DOOM (an absolute ***** to down and has a rocket launcher for a hand...that's just...evil).

The facehugger from any Alien game was something that I still find a little disturbing (it might be something pyshcological but I find the image of something smothering my face to be quite frightening, never mind the whole 'also a parasite will burst out of your chest' business).

Emperorpeng

Jun 29, 2009
Mirelurk hunters.

But those weren't as bad as the FLOOR MASTERS!!! You always hear that strange rushing sound before getting sucked into oblivion...*shiver*

I don't know why people are afraid of GLaDoS, I love her sense of humor. And who can forget:

"Where did you go?" "There you are." "Where are we going?"

Is it strange that I can feel for these robots? My friends used to think I was one.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Even though they've been said before i'm going to go with redeads. Those things are bloody scary, especially when they scream and walk towards you slowly and you can only watch helplessly, paralyzed with fear. Anything from Ravenholme in HL2 comes in at second, I was almost wetting myself waiting for that lift.

Natsu_Blaze

Jan 23, 2008
Well, got a couple here...
First of all, "Folklorist" (Yae's husband) from Fatal Frame 1. Creepy guy just wanders around, alternating between the names of his dead wife and MIA daughter. Then he catches you, shakes you, the screen goes photonegative, and he intones, "Don't be scaaared..."
o_O
I'm very scared, thank you. Even Kirie wasn't that messed up.
Along the same lines, both Sae Kurosawa and the Kusabe from Fatal Frame 2. One wanders around in a bloody kimono, giving you mental images of a slaughtered village and laughing like a maniac. The other one moans, has been clearly tortured while alive, and has this insane halo of white hair that floats in this terrifyingly creepy way. Also there are a lot of hands around him that are definitely not his, and he loves making earthquakes when you finally get to fight him.
Oh, and did I mention he one-shots you if he so much as brushes you? Same for Sae, barring one particular segment.

Silent Hill... I agree that Pyramid Head is terrifying. Dahlia's pretty creepy too (Vincent is creepy as hell but he's also the coolest character in the game).
Eddie from SH2 gets really creepy by the end... "Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow..." He says, while holding the gun loosely to his own head...
But even more so than these guys... Walter Sullivan from SH4: The Room is nightmare fuel. To quote a friend:
"HE DOESN'T GIVE HUGS!"
No. No he does not.

And I leave you with a final OH SHIT GET IT AWAY character, from The Escapists's very own Yahtzee... the Tall Man.
It hurts...

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
tanks in l4d. who hear has had a tank appear just as soon as you got out of the saferoom?

SebZero

Jul 30, 2009
Regenerators from RE4 freak me out.

And Adam the clown from Dead Rising. His death just left me kinda O_O

Ioc2much

Jul 20, 2009
Albedo from the Xenosaga series. Especially after that scene in the first one, people who played the game should know what scene I'm talking about

Jun 30, 2009
Wallmaster from Legend of Zelda: OoT and MM. I lived in constant fear of being snatched up and thrown back at the entrance of the dungeon when I was within minutes of reaching the bods. Not only did it piss me off that I had to go back, it grabs you so suddenly and the noise it makes is creepy as hell. On top of that a creepy floating hand grabbing you out of nowhere is pretty freaky.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
The new infected in L4D2, the Spitter. Seriously, that abomination is hideous and wrong.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Have you ever played Garrys mod? If so download off of gmod.org the harmless companion cube. That thing makes me sweat pure terror.

The RE-deads and ceiling monsters used to creep me out.

The Wraith from the submerged castle in Pikmin 2, I never go down there any more

Laughing octopus was a little creepy too, but more funny. In fact, I cant help but laugh with her, AHahahaah! its all so funny!

DarkBlood626

Nov 9, 2008
those dam shot gun wileding zombies from timesplitters still gie me the creeps espeshaly the "jaket zombies" im not to fond of the splitter ether XD

Blue22

Jul 17, 2009
Giygas from EarthBound, but then, I guess he's less of a character and more of a DEATH ON A SCREEN!

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
Magnaflame said:
Zosephine said:
Well, Myst didn't have many characters, none of them particularly freaky, but the game still scared the bejeesus out of me. It was just so empty, and all the sudden noises freaked me out. I swear the ship level caused my irrational fear of klaxon alarm sounds.
That game scared the crap outta me too.
There was a lot of disturbing things about those games... It think that may be why I enjoyed them so much.

The very idea of Gehn in the second one made me intensely unhappy.

But, I'd have to go with Myst 3 there, because JESUS Savedro... what the hell. The man was a nutter. The eyeless painting of his wife on the wall that looked suspiciously like it was done in blood? Also, I screwed up that one puzzle and the dude runs up and owns you in the face. I jumped out of my freaking chair.

Brad Dourif can make anything creepy as hell, should he chose to. XD

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Again, too lazy to read through all eight pages to see if this if I've been ninja'd, so:

Catherine from the Gregory Horror Show.

Jesus Christ, she scares me.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
There are alot of good answers here, but I'm gonna have to go with this one.

sonicmaster1989 said:
Any enemy in Extermination. Don't know what that is? It's Dead Space 5 years ago and in an Antarctic research facility. You don't get any special future guns, just an M-16 with attachments. Oh, and did I mention that you can get the infection, and if left unchecked, you become one of the monsters? Yeah. I still won't play that game.
Seriously, Extermination never got its fair dues. The game supremely disturbed me as I was playing it. Why? Well, let's see...
There is some kind of infection going around the place spread by parasites who can pretty much rewrite your DNA on the spot if enough of them get at you. My trusted partner was proof of this when he spontaneously mutated and then got shot dead (apparently) by someone I know, and THEN he became a gun-toting and rocket-launching boss character. The organism doesn't just infect the living but spreads over ANYTHING, which makes the ambience horrifying. Apparently, the stuff on the walls can just absorb people into it at random too, like it grew right through their now-dead bodies. The stuff ESPECIALLY grows in wet places and appears to be consuming the base. And let's not forget that it's filling the place with an army of freakish monsters, some of whom carry GUNS. This makes it all more devastating than John Carpenter's: The Thing, since the Things can't maybe cover the world in alien flesh.
So yeah, once you immerse yourself into the I'm-fighting-to-survive-inside-an-alien-organism thing, it's pretty damn freaky.

Magnaflame said:
I could see that.
I'M A BLACK MAN!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! Wait, I'm not racist.
FROM OUTER SPAAAAAACE!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
Conversely, Matt is funny as hell.