Videogames Become Smellier Through New Accessory

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
This is more of a step forward then that damn kinect IMO. Sure it won't make a difference, and I won't be getting it, but at least it does something new. The home video thing seems especially interesting.
Also, it doesn't have to smell good to be immersive.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
*looks at game shelf and sees titles like Dead Rising, Fallout, Borderlands, and Gears of War*

... Yeah, those are some games I don't think I'd want to smell. Thanks but no thanks, smelly machine.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
DonTsetsi said:
Two words: SEWER LEVEL.
yeah like we did´t hate sewer levels enough :)

cant they make one for conkers bad furday so we all can enjoy the opera singing shitmonster

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
This seems like a fail at immersing the gamers into a game. Making my room smell like pines isn't gonna hide the fact that I'm looking at a illuminated screen. This HAS to be a joke. This is a joke off gimmick. It's like parodying "Epic Movie".
I do not hope this becomes a reality In fact, this is something that would be a step backwards in gaming media. How about immersing the gamers THROUGH the game.

It's the 21st century's Virtual Boy...

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
It's not April yet, why is this here?

...Oh, it's real? Uhm. Yeah... I'll take a pass. Just waiting for the full-on CyberHelmet or Electric Hair Net that stimulates synapses.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Although this MIGHT make a game a lot more immersive, if the game is in the same environment all the way through, it won't help. Also, what would an Arctic environment smell of? Any way, I don't think I would be prepared to spend that much.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
I'll tell you what, I'm looking forward to the numerous sewer levels you find in games!

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I'll invent a device that will flood your room on water levels, also a fan that revolves accordingly to the weather of the game.

Creepybard

Jan 3, 2010
When you think about it, if it does simulate all the horrible smells along with the good ones, that would actually raise the immersion more so than just having pine scented scenery, so I'm actually really excited about this

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
You wanna gimme immersion? You wanna gimme immersion?

Gimme the pain of a hundred bullet ripping through my chest when I play another FPS!

Not that I'll use it. Only because mics are going to be so much more entertaining in MP. And not to forget the YouTube vids.

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
.... it would be cool for the environments like the article said with pine trees and smokey ruins but... most of the games coming out.... lets just say for example "bulletstorm" that game has tons of blood, guts and dead bodies... dead bodies and fluids dont smell good... but maybe for a game like harvest moon, this would be really cool, smell the vegetable you grow, smell the flowers you pick for your lady friend. i think with this its a win or lose situation.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This product demands a new Mother game developed with smells in mind. I'm sure Itoi always dreamed of such an accessory.

P.S. Thanks

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
This is the kind of a joke you hear every now and then.

The idea behind this is nice, but I'm quite sure the scents won't be accurate at all, and it won't work that well otherwise neither. Anyways, I'm not getting this.