"Videogames Cause Rape" Author Gets Amazonbombed

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
Awesome. I'm sure this way the world will think gamers, in general, are level-headed people. Right?

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
We need to go for the sorce... How could we get FOX? To bad we cant rank things in google searchs anymore.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Ironically enough, reading her book is much more likely to cause a man to act violently toward women than any videogame.

She's supposed to be a psychologist, doesn't she realise that passive aggressive manipulation is one of the things that enrage men the most?

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
all well and good i guess, but, does anyone accually read or care about them reviews anyways? i never have... *shrug*

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Karma deserves a massive cookie for this.

Don't ask how I'll be able to give a concept a cookie, I'll find a way.

Rofl Harris

Dec 13, 2010
Irridium said:
Reminds me of when people bombed that one woman's book on amazon after she said "I haven't played Mass Effect, but I'm sure I know what its about" or something like that. She then went on to call it a "rape simulator" among other things. Then her book was bombed with people saying "I haven't read this book, but I'm sure its about how to molest children." Or something like that.
Amazing. This is my favourite post of the day.

GuideBot

Feb 25, 2010
While it does make nerds look petty and childish, not to mention hypocritical insofar as they've also judged something whilst clearly not understanding (or having read) it, I do enjoy and appreciate this.

Awesome.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
Didn't much care for the latest "games are evil" story, especially since the claim that violent crime was on the rise, and games are to blame was easily debunked (hell, the FBI crime statistics have been publically available for over a decade, and it only now became news). However, finding out about her other work just makes it seem like she's not only stupid, but a hypocrite at that (decrying fictional violence and non-existant rape themes in a game, while promoting sexual/emotional manipulation and exploitation in the real world). This woman's doing a good job at trying to destroy the sciences (hence why she appeared on Fox News).

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
Lost In The Void said:
Phyroxis said:
Lost In The Void said:
Remember kids, psychology is more than saying "I'm a psychologist," then saying your opinion is fact because you're a psychologist.

In other news Karma is a *****
Shes a psychiatrist (med doctor first) not a psychologist. Shes trained in a totally different way.

That being said, your statement still holds true.
Well in that case most of her knowledge should lie in mental medication so what is she doing writing books that seem to be more rooted in the psychology side of mental health rather than psychiatry. That makes her seem even more dumb than she already appeared to be.
I've been looking for published empirical articles from her. So far, only one. And it has nothing to do with media.

If you're going to be an "Expert" you should probably back up your claim with credentials. A doctoral degree does not an expert make.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Well, this certainly makes one message clear:

Don't talk bullshit unless your willing to take the fire.

Karma power!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Irridium said:
Reminds me of when people bombed that one woman's book on amazon after she said "I haven't played Mass Effect, but I'm sure I know what its about" or something like that. She then went on to call it a "rape simulator" among other things. Then her book was bombed with people saying "I haven't read this book, but I'm sure its about how to molest children." Or something like that.
Didn't she end up apologizing for her remarks? We only amazonbomb until they admit they screwed up (and might have lost money due to bad reviews).

tenny20ca

Sep 18, 2008
For the Canadians out there you can ChapterBomb her here...
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Bad-Girls-Why-Men-Love-Carole-Liberman-M-D-Carole-Lieberman-M-D/9782923865126-item.html?ikwid=carole+lieberman&ikwsec=Books

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
this seems appropriate. i'd hazard a guess that this woman knows as much about video games as the average person knows about "media psychiatry". plus, i don't see how it's any different to post an uninformed and biased review of her book on amazon than her making spurious claims that video games spur rapes. personally, i think "media psychiatry" plays a large role in raping people's minds.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Wow, the book's description makes it one star wothy alone.

"For ladies, there's the "Bad Girl Test" to reveal whether you're a Wanna-Be Bad Girl, a Man-Eater or somewhere in between. For men, there's "The Sitting Duck Test" to warn you just how vulnerable you are."

Sounds like something you might find in trashy teen magazines.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Wow, what a hyopcritical moron. Oh well, at least this book explains how SHE got ahead in life, the fucking slut.