Voice of Duke Nukem Indicates Forever Won't Go Away

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
tmujir955 said:
Amnestic said:

Just give it up guys. Move on. Find a new game.
They're not beating it. They're pulverizing it with a lawn mover equipped with a chainsaw.
Hey it is a slow time of year so why not keep dredging up DNF?

CrysisMcGee

Sep 2, 2009
Maybe I should bring back my Duke Nukem impression. When its finally released, people will love it again.

Looking forward to playing it. Just as I was back in 99. They had a preview for half-Life and Duke Nukem in the same issue of Computer Gaming World. Both expected to be released around the same time.

AceMcBadass

Jan 1, 2010
i find it very ironic that this is the fist thing i saw after i watched the latest zero punctuation. i wonder what Yahtzee thinks about all this...

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
squid5580 said:
tmujir955 said:
Amnestic said:

They're not beating it. They're pulverizing it with a lawn mover equipped with a chainsaw.
...cause they've done it for 12 years already!?

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
I can't tell if the whole ordeal is some insane publicity stunt. I'd find it rather funny if it got released unannounced, leaving dedicated fans in a rabid hunt when someone finds out.
Sorta Like Chinese Democracy... In which case, there may be hope for DNF yet...

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
tmujir955 said:
squid5580 said:
tmujir955 said:
Amnestic said:

Can you imagine the reprecussions if they didn't post an article though? The way things have been lately it is either point fingers at some moron going on about how games are bad and give them a ton of hits or DNF. I prefer they stick to DNF.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...hasn't he been Duke Nukem for the last 12 years? And couldn't he not say anything about the game then, either?

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Am i one of the people that actually wants this to come just on the virtue that it is a Duke Nukem game and even if it is a bog standard FPS by modern standards i will probably still enjoy it because i enjoy Duke's character so much

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
... and so the most futile of hopes in the world of gaming is resuscitated and put on life support. Again. *sigh*

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
If this game ever comes out, I'm going to buy it twice. No matter how bad it is.

Just on principle.

I'm not even entirely sure what principle that is, but dammit I don't care.

DubMan

Nov 17, 2008
I wish that the public at large could send those people a letter saying that nobody wants this game to not be dead. Give it a rest. Make a good game instead of making this.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Give it a rest, man! It's over! DNF's dead! You don't get a "Reset" button in real-life! It's done! You've failed!

bladeleaper

Jan 6, 2010
What's really sad is that people will actually get excited about this, thinking this thing really will get released one day.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
the thing about this is it's been in development for so long it makes Daikatana [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daikatana] look good and that's saying a lot

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
Oh god dammit. Can't we just let this franchise stay dead? They've been working on this game for almost 13 years. Is there anyone left who is stupid enough to expect that this will be something great?

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
squid5580 said:
tmujir955 said:
squid5580 said:
tmujir955 said:
Amnestic said:

Can you imagine the reprecussions if they didn't post an article though? The way things have been lately it is either point fingers at some moron going on about how games are bad and give them a ton of hits or DNF. I prefer they stick to DNF.
Ok how many times are we going to re-use this one GIF of a man beating a horse? I mean come on there's got to be others out there, maybe someone should spend the next twelve years making one...

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
I was originally going to do a joke about zombies never staying the hell down but after that thing kept getting re-used over and over...