Voice of Half-Life 2's Dr. Breen Dies, Aged 79

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
R.I.P.

Not that I really care too much...I mean...It's only Breen. They'll get a replacement somehow...
GLaDOS? Man that would be sweet.

OT:Then what will happen to HL2:EP3.I hope that they won't do anything drastic with it because of this death.

But still R.I.P.

MegaAwesomeXPXP

Oct 19, 2009
No...NO! He was the most awesome villain in FPS gaming history. He will be best known as Dr. Breen. And on the internet he is known for Dr. Hax.

Sir_Tor

Nov 29, 2009
Nooo! I was hoping that he would somehow return! Seems like that hope is thrown out of the window now.. :'(

RIP

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
RIP, Robert Culp. :(

Can we get a youtube tribute?

Trist66 said:
I hate to say it, but at the very least it eliminates that stupid idea that happened to get around the Dr. breen would be in episode 3.
Unless his voice work has already been done, though his speaking role at least may be scrapped if there isn't enough material.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
R.I.P

But see what happens Valve? you take too long to do sequels and the cast starts dying.
Meh, if Breen features in Episode 3, they'll probably just get some other dude and make his voice sound messed up.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Joa_Belgium said:
This makes me want to play the game all over again.

"Welcome. Welcome to City 17. It's safer here."
I restarted HL2 last night and about teared up during that. We'll never hear those speeches the same way again...

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
MercenaryCanary said:
I was just thinking of making a source mod from his point of view...
Can't help but feel that now it would be in a bit of bad taste.
You could dedicate too him,i think that would be okay

Besides,a source mod about breen sounds awesome