Volition: We'd "Commit Murder" for Freespace 3

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
SinisterDeath said:
X3 is good, And they've already got the stand-alone 'expansion' X3: Terran Conflict, they've already updated X3, x2, and X, and there 'expansions', with a Superbox Collection.

Another game very similar, is Eve online.
What? Eve is like Freespace like Call of Duty is like Risk.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Mortons4ck said:
Andy Chalk said:
"So people just stopped getting joysticks. They were just gone," he continued. "And then you still had console, but it was all digital - so my theory has been, ever since we've got analogue as a standard controller for consoles no one has done a heavy-duty, top, top quality space sim on console."
There aren't nearly enough buttons on a console controller. How the heck am I supposed to cycle through targeting defensive turrets on a capital ship?
Kinect. Have fun!

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
Yes please! Loved the two Freespace games to death and I was sad that they didn't release a third. This time make it so that you can actually change how the story goes? Maybe some heavy strategy element aswell with you having a command over where your flagship will be stationed?

Make this HAPPEN! (Also the DL link of that Evochron Mercenary game is broken. =( )

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
TheBlackKnight said:
RelexCryo said:
I want more games like Freelancer and X2: The reunion. X2 took place far too much in your cockpit, you didn't actually do anything but work spreadsheets and kill things. Meanwhile, Freelancer kept letting it's precious, oh so important story get in the way of me just flying around doing what I wanted. Even worse, I had no real control over the story.

I want a game like Freelancer and X2 where I can get truly immersed, run around doing what I like, and control the story. Is that so wrong?
http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/index.htm

Try that.
...this game has seamless space-to-planet transitions.
JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST. I knew it was possible! Thank you so much for putting up this link, I've been looking for years now to find a seamless game like that, it was like the Holy Grail or something. Massive respect!

Yuri Ilyin

May 5, 2011
Aw, c'mon, guys and gals, Freespace 2 is pretty much alive still, thanks to those fine enthusiasts at hard-light DOT net.

I can bet any of those involved with the site would sacrifice his or her favourite pet to get Freespace 3 done and its immense, ever-increasing-disaster storyline unfolded further.

On more serious level, why don't you, folks from U.S. launch a Kickstarter campaign to get the necessary funds for Volition? They are still afraid FS3 won't sell well, as didn't FS2, so why don't we team up and bring them some bucks in advance, after all?

And, just FYI, there's still a petition at petitiononline DOT com out there to get Freespace 3 ready.