Vote Now for Film Fest's Viewer's Choice

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
Braininator said:
APSunder said:
Who else thinks The Escapist should hold another film contest this year?
How about a second chance competition? For example, those videos that are seen as having potential get a chance to create a second video for judging? I'm sure a concept like this would be beneficial to a lot of entrants.

Or, The Escapist could have an internal "trial" procedure for potential series, before adding them to their line-up.

There are plenty of ways that The Escapist could use all this content. I'd like to see them take a gamble on a few of these entries in the hope that they will improve and build a following over time (and include me in this!). Looking at the current video line-up, I think The Escapist would benefit from a surplus of new shows.
I'm up for a second chance (like getting to make an episode 2). I mean, they'd be getting it for free, right? What say you, members of The Escapist?!

Annexis

Nov 18, 2009
Callate said:
"Jump The Shark": This is quite professional looking (good lighting, sound, digital effects, editing.) The acting is also above par. It's a pity the script just isn't funny. And by the third time the "Macrosphere" spokesperson tips down his glasses to do an "aside", I want to punch him.
Is it wrong that that's the kind of reaction we wanted to the Macrosphere Spokesperson? Maybe we're just cruel and heartless when it comes to faceless corporations. Or British.

Either way, thanks for the feedback, blocking out the negatives makes it much easier to ingest constructive criticism. No really, genuine thanks, it's all taken in and put on the JTS Whiteboard of goodies. So far, we've got "Episode where Macrosphere guy gets punched" because yellow aviators just make anyone a target for physical abuse.

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
APSunder said:
Braininator said:
APSunder said:
How about a second chance competition? For example, those videos that are seen as having potential get a chance to create a second video for judging? I'm sure a concept like this would be beneficial to a lot of entrants.

Or, The Escapist could have an internal "trial" procedure for potential series, before adding them to their line-up.

There are plenty of ways that The Escapist could use all this content. I'd like to see them take a gamble on a few of these entries in the hope that they will improve and build a following over time (and include me in this!). Looking at the current video line-up, I think The Escapist would benefit from a surplus of new shows.
I'm up for a second chance (like getting to make an episode 2). I mean, they'd be getting it for free, right? What say you, members of The Escapist?!
How about a second chance but identify the weak points and pair up the potentials to work together. So take someone with good technical skills but weak writing and combine them with someone with good writing and weak technical skills. Sounds like it could work to me, then you're getting the best of everything.

I don't know, it's kind of a vague idea, I realise there's the slight technicality of many of us not even living in the same country as each other.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
FlitterFilms said:
APSunder said:
Braininator said:
APSunder said:

How about a second chance but identify the weak points and pair up the potentials to work together. So take someone with good technical skills but weak writing and combine them with someone with good writing and weak technical skills. Sounds like it could work to me, then you're getting the best of everything.

I don't know, it's kind of a vague idea, I realise there's the slight technicality of many of us not even living in the same country as each other.
Sounds a little too complicated, I mean, yeah, I could see some people doing that if they wanted, but sending video over the internet is already a hassle for post production's case if there was an editor and fx team and then a production/pre-production team and it'd be near impossible if you had, say 4-5 hours of footage for a 5 minute vid.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm looking into creating a short video to address some of the recurring issues of entries into the Film Festival. I'll attempt to release something when the contest is concluded.

"Breaking Blizzard": A good-looking cast- one that looks like it might actually have been cast for their roles, rather than selected from among a circle of available friends. Some funny bits, and the credits, graphics, and over-all presentation are very slick, but the visual allusions to various games (renegade/paragon actions, loading bars) seem gratuitous.

"Prototype- Boo's Eerie Challenge": It's kind of funny to watch someone fail in playing a game this much, but I think once is enough to eke out whatever entertainment value is to be had.

"The Assault Horizon": This looks like the opening credits to a show about jet fighters, inexplicably reduced to a 16-color EGA palette at random intervals. I'm... not sure what this is doing here. Excuse me, Assault Horizon. This is the Escapist Film Festival. Are you lost?

"Just Another Zombie Apocalypse": The first 60 seconds feel very random in how the camera jumps around to different groups of people. Then we settle in, and I very quickly decide I don't want to spend any more time in the company of Yelling Girl, Slacker Guys, The Airheads, or Pretentious Actor Guy. Who am I supposed to identify with, here? Am I just cheering on the idea of zombies eating them all? The music feels like its oblivious to what's actually happening in the video.

"It Works In Theory": The title graphics are nicely done. "Bradley"'s dialogue is hard to make out. The comically low-fidelity evil plan presentation isn't actually very comic. Not a bad idea, overall, but not terribly well presented or scripted.

Braininator

Oct 3, 2008
FlitterFilms said:

For many of the entries, there's probably only one key element that needs polish, which doesn't really justify needing to collaborate.

My real point is, there are a lot of videos which just fall short of what I'd imagine is the standard to join The Escapist video line-up. I attribute this to time being the main constraint on most entires. Referring to last year's registration page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/3rdAnnuaFilmFestival], entrants were given 71 days to create and submit their entries (based on when the festival is announced). This year: 39 days. That's close to half as short as last year's competition. You could argue that the eventual winner should be able to produce content in the given timeframe anyway. From a technical standpoint, yes. But from a creative aspect; from a "trying to get your friends involved for a ongoing project" aspect - the extra time is critical. I feel that limited time has caused a lot of people to fall just short.

Naturally I'll use my video Unearthed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/4thAnnualFilmFestival/view?video=2389] as the example. The typical process for creating machinima is that you'd record the voice-acting first, then record the footage. In our case, the voice-acting was one of the last things we did. As what should almost be expected, we had massive last-minute difficulties (not just on a technical side), and hence we ended up with the shocking quality audio. Another week, even another couple of days, and we could have had that sorted. Of course I could tell the whole story of our production dramas, but you get the idea.

Last year's competition had a clear stand-out in Dorian's Quest as a video that had the most polish. I can't find that stand-out this year. It will be interesting to see which video the judges deem as the winner, as the judging criteria will have to look a lot deeper than just polish.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
FlitterFilms said:
Last year's competition had a clear stand-out in Dorian's Quest as a video that had the most polish. I can't find that stand-out this year. It will be interesting to see which video the judges deem as the winner, as the judging criteria will have to look a lot deeper than just polish.
Arguably, despite A Good Knight's Quest being the most polished among last year's entries, it was clearly NOT the public's favorite. Pocket Monsters won the Viewer's Choice and had a consistent lead over aGKQ for nearly the entire contest, and I think that's because while Pocket Monsters was slightly less polished from a technical stand point, and didn't come out of a high-grade film school (unlike aGKQ) the story appeared more complex, and, albeit based off something else, the action and fx in Pocket Monsters delivered, the characters and writing really simulated what a dramatic Pokemon World would, and everything in the story was just handled with more depth than the three characters in aGKQ's first episode and the single triggering action that took place in their first episode.

I'd say that we have a similar situation this year: some entries have high production value with little story, some entries have great story even without the high production value, though there are some entries with middle-high production value and great character development and/or story and/or writing (I think Nintendobo's a pretty good example of that). Those should be the videos in First Cut; one of those should win it.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
APSunder said:
FlitterFilms said:
Arguably, despite A Good Knight's Quest being the most polished among last year's entries, it was clearly NOT the public's favorite. Pocket Monsters won the Viewer's Choice and had a consistent lead over aGKQ for nearly the entire contest, and I think that's because while Pocket Monsters was slightly less polished from a technical stand point, and didn't come out of a high-grade film school (unlike aGKQ) the story appeared more complex, and, albeit based off something else, the action and fx in Pocket Monsters delivered, the characters and writing really simulated what a dramatic Pokemon World would, and everything in the story was just handled with more depth than the three characters in aGKQ's first episode and the single triggering action that took place in their first episode.

I'd say that we have a similar situation this year: some entries have high production value with little story, some entries have great story even without the high production value, though there are some entries with middle-high production value and great character development and/or story and/or writing (I think Nintendobo's a pretty good example of that). Those should be the videos in First Cut; one of those should win it.
Well, I think they should learn from themselves because they picked ZP from youtube which had (and still has) zero production value and still it's so funny that it's their most popular webseries (I for one wouldn't have heard of this site if it wasn't for ZP).

Like, if you pick the revenue from merchandising and subtract the cost of each episode they get roughly 100% profit.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
hugh_godolphin said:
APSunder said:
FlitterFilms said:

Well, I think they should learn from themselves because they picked ZP from youtube which had (and still has) zero production value and still it's so funny that it's their most popular webseries (I for one wouldn't have heard of this site if it wasn't for ZP).

Like, if you pick the revenue from merchandising and subtract the cost of each episode they get roughly 100% profit.
Likewise for not finding the escapist if it hadn't been for ZP. The idea is what's most important--and shows with low production value have good story ideas/review show ideas too.

Swishdude

Nov 21, 2009
Dangerous grounds I walk here, but here is my two cents.

I work in advertising. I'm a video producer and word man. Essentially I design and develop commercials and find words that attract people. I got this job because I tend to understand the requirements of the audience we cater towards. The turnover at work is about one or two ads a day. We create content in a very short amount of time for profit.

We recently hired an after effects designer who is able to construct visually attractive videos. His ads cost more to produce, he creates around one animation every two days. The reason my bosses allow this is because the quality of the content attracts more eyes, in turn more audience numbers. By creating stronger content we make better numbers at the end of the month.

Zero Punctuation might be cheap to produce, but that doesn't mean it's easy. Yahtzee attracts an audience that is focused on reviews. With what time he saves in animation, he puts the rest of it into his dialog. I have to imagine that the majority of people watching want to be entertained and informed. So it's got to be very hard to make a show every week that attracts people by mostly words alone.

The Escapist has to evolve it's programming. This doesn't mean canceling it's older shows, but it means finding new content. The goal my team and I had while producing 'BETA' was to make a show that exceeds games. We wanted to make a program that could appeal to an audience within game culture and outside. Introductions of relationships and challenges that the characters have to deal with. Now of course we didn't have a lot of time to create the video (as my co-creator could attest to, we wrote the script on MSN) so our concept might not be fully realized. But the idea, I still believe is solid. In order to expand the website they need to attract an audience that would usually not come to the site. Zero Punctuation and Loading Ready Run took established fans and brought them along. Now, they need a show that will take in a new audience. Possibly, something that is lightly focused on geekdom.

(Also, if the website just made clones of established shows it would get them nothing. They would not expand the audience and would only recycle current viewership into other programing. It's not really bad, but it doesn't create nearly as good an impact as making a unique series.)

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
Vignette said:

I work in advertising. I'm a video producer and word man. Essentially I design and develop commercials and find words that attract people. I got this job because I tend to understand the requirements of the audience we cater towards. The turnover at work is about one or two ads a day. We create content in a very short amount of time for profit.

We recently hired an after effects designer who is able to construct visually attractive videos. His ads cost more to produce, he creates around one animation every two days. The reason my bosses allow this is because the quality of the content attracts more eyes, in turn more audience numbers. By creating stronger content we make better numbers at the end of the month.

Zero Punctuation might be cheap to produce, but that doesn't mean it's easy. Yahtzee attracts an audience that is focused on reviews. With what time he saves in animation, he puts the rest of it into his dialog. I have to imagine that the majority of people watching want to be entertained and informed. So it's got to be very hard to make a show every week that attracts people by mostly words alone.

The Escapist has to evolve it's programming. This doesn't mean canceling it's older shows, but it means finding new content. The goal my team and I had while producing 'BETA' was to make a show that exceeds games. We wanted to make a program that could appeal to an audience within game culture and outside. Introductions of relationships and challenges that the characters have to deal with. Now of course we didn't have a lot of time to create the video (as my co-creator could attest to, we wrote the script on MSN) so our concept might not be fully realized. But the idea, I still believe is solid. In order to expand the website they need to attract an audience that would usually not come to the site. Zero Punctuation and Loading Ready Run took established fans and brought them along. Now, they need a show that will take in a new audience. Possibly, something that is lightly focused on geekdom.

(Also, if the website just made clones of established shows it would get them nothing. They would not expand the audience and would only recycle current viewership into other programing. It's not really bad, but it doesn't create nearly as good an impact as making a unique series.)
I completely agree that Zero Punctuation IS NOT easy to make. In fact, I think it requires the highest level of thinking and some of the most work on the site (though that doesn't make the production value high, that would still be considered low by definition, http://www.yourdictionary.com/production-values). I'm just confused by why The Escapist would choose an idea that a. doesn't make people think as much as another show, b. doesn't make them laugh as much as another show, or c. doesn't have the story of another show, when they decide to choose something with slightly higher production value instead.

I mean hey, we can't all get on the show by just BEING strippers playing Dungeons and Dragons, am I right? But I just think a large number of shows submitted that won't get accepted deserve a second chance. And hey, The Escapist would get that second episode for free, right?

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
I would say that GOOD KNIGHTS QUEST is overall at best very average, I had no real interest in watching the series the whole way through when it first started whereas I was on the edge of my seat waiting for DOOMSDAY ARCADE every time. It wasn't until I decided to enter this years competition that I went back and watched the whole of GKQ and I have to say that overall ... at best it's very average. I don't even think it's particularly well made they just have some good equipment which hardly qualifies. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad show, it's perfectly watchable, but is that really good enough?

Just adding on I also found this site through Zero Punctuation, in fact it's still the only series I regularly watch. I come on the site every week to watch that and randomly watch a couple of other things whilst I'm here. That's not to say I'm not a fan of the other series on here I just usually come on to this site with the intention of watch ZP and it's pretty obvious I'm not alone there.

Here's a few more of my thoughts on the handful I haven't yet reviewed in the order they appear. This is just the videos from page one and half of two, hopefully I'll get round to writing some more soon:

TRAILER MASTER - not really sure why this got a "first cut" ribbon, that's not to say it's bad I'm just not sure why it's somehow better than the others of it's ilk. As review/talky shows go BEFORE IT WAS FILM, THEY OLD and WHAT THE DILLIO are certainly no worse than this (if not perhaps slightly better), so the only reason I can see for TRAILER MASTER being in the "first cut" is that unlike those this one's actually about video games. Although OPINIONATED REVIEWS made it into "first cut" and that's about TV so I don't know, maybe they picked them out of a hat.

PRESS TO CONTINUE - this is alright, at the very least it's quite unique and I did kind of enjoy playing along, but I can't see myself going out of my way to tune in every week. It seems like the idea might get a little old with no real competition involved.

OPINIONATED REVIEWS - another Yahtzee clone (no shortage of those on the internet) but this is certainly the best written that I've seen. The animation set up is a little choppy in places so I would guess it was a learn by doing situation. It's very good, but do we need it?

SECRETS OF THE VIRTUAL PAST - the lowest production value of the "first cut" selection which begs the question as to why some of the other dodgy looking videos didn't make the "first cut". This film feels a little like the token low production value entrant put in for affirmative action purposes only. None the less it's a pretty good mockumentary, a genre I'm something of a fan of, the presenter character is well defined and it's pretty well written with some good jokes and some not so good ones. Assuming the series would break away from the documentary segments and focus a little more on the disfunctional character of the presenter I think this could be really interesting.

TALES FROM THE TABLE - despite being a D&Der myself this didn't click for me. That's not me saying that I felt I was being made fun of, I'm a fan of UNFORGOTTEN REALMS and the like, I just wasn't clear on the motivations of the characters and thus where the show is going. Are we dealing with a hardcore DM trying to lead a band of dysfunctional idiots who seem to be almost trying to screw his game up, or is it about the lives of these dysfunctional idiots and D&D is merely the one thing they have in common. Either way is fine it just felt spread a little thin, also the characters seem pretty into the game but none of them really seem to understand how to play and I'm not sure how that works. Basically it's very well made, has good characters and performances, I'm just a little unsure of the context of what's going on and thus found it hard to get into.

BREAKING BLIZZARD - competently made (despite the sound edit losing it in places) but ultimately not very engaging. The dialogue and the actors do a good job and it's nice to see some more three dimensional characters and plot taking place here. It's good but the way it's shot is very boring to look at and really kind of let's it down.

RADIOGAME THEATRE - this strikes me as a really good idea because it's something you could have on whilst doing other things, so essentially it's a podcast. Not having to watch the video could make this very popular as people could just put it on let it run whilst they work or whatever and the relative cheap nature of simply recording voiceover means the episodes could be considerably longer than most other things on here (if they wanted to be of course). The piece itself is pretty funny and well written so I think this could work. I can see this being an additional winner offered a contract as well just to create podcast style material for the escapist rather than a new video.

SHOW ABOUT GAMES SHOW - is pretty good, well shot and edited but for a sketch show there was no big laugh for me, by which I mean the joke that I go away and tell all my friends they have to see, but all the gags are well thought out and very funny (trials HD guy is great), certainly would be a good addition to the videos on this site.

PLAY TILL YOU DIE - it's all right, not sure the point of it and don't think it would make much of a series but it kept me watching all the way to the end. Not much else I can say really, kind of bland.

SUNDER - a good effort but with the exception of a few not particularly good jokes it's played straight and that doesn't really work. If you want to make a serious show you've got to have better acting and whilst the shot composition is okay the editing is pretty bad. The effects work well enough, there's certainly the early signs of some skill, I just think that with it's constraints this would have worked better as more of a comedy.

DEMON'S SOULS COMMENTARY - why is this TEN MINUTE video still up here? For fucks sake take it down.

VOYEUR - I don't get it, why is this meant to sound like a good idea? Sorry mate, you seem like a cool guy, but I'm not really buying into this concept.

THE DISK - vaguely competent in it's design, characters are pretty bland though but that could be an acting issue. It's somewhat loose connection to gaming could be what let's it down in the eyes of the judges but the idea is pretty solid even though the script has it's flaws. The problem is I'm not really sure what it's trying to be, it seems serious but it goes comedy in places and the ending is just kind of weird.

PROTYPE - it's quite amusing to watch the struggle to get to the end of the level and the commentary is quite funny in its frustration but I don't think there's a series in this. But thanks for the vid, was entertaining.

INTERNET WARZ - pretty dodgy animation but kind of works anyway. I did get to the end not really sure what it was all about, I'm assuming this was intended purely to introduce the character types who will fill the series and it's kind of funny in places but gets a little repetitive and felt like it went on for ages, which isn't good. Writings okay though so could come good in the end.

BETA - mentioned this before as the best structured of the game designer/writer sitcom selection, and it is that. The acting is pretty good and the characters are well written, it's not massively funny but it is entertaining so I'd certainly be interested in watching more.

talenos

Dec 12, 2009
Callate said:
"Carmen 1.0": Interesting use of sitcom sound effects. Good cutting, clear audio; the acting is all competent. The special effects in the final scene are somewhat lacking, but only in comparison to the rest of the film (which looks quite good), not in comparison to other Film Festival entries. A worthwhile and fairly entertaining entry.
Thank you Callate, we tried really hard to make a compelling pilot that could both show what we were capable of and leave people interested to see what's next. It's really hard to do all that and establish new characters and a new story, as opposed to just making a one-off short film. So I have a lot of admiration for everyone else that entered this year.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
FlitterFilms said:
SUNDER - a good effort but with the exception of a few not particularly good jokes it's played straight and that doesn't really work. If you want to make a serious show you've got to have better acting and whilst the shot composition is okay the editing is pretty bad. The effects work well enough, there's certainly the early signs of some skill, I just think that with it's constraints this would have worked better as more of a comedy.
xD I'm confused about the jokes thing, I didn't intend for the script to have any jokes. Fair enough on the editing though, the original script was 11 pages (official formatting), the initial cut was 8 minutes and the final cut going down to 5 minutes ended up making the sequencing incredibly choppy, and I think it effected the way someone might see the portrayal of the characters. When we lose this competition, as I'm sure we will, I'll blame it on the time limit.

hugh_godolphin

Feb 28, 2010
APSunder said:
Vignette said:

I completely agree that Zero Punctuation IS NOT easy to make. In fact, I think it requires the highest level of thinking and some of the most work on the site (though that doesn't make the production value high, that would still be considered low by definition, http://www.yourdictionary.com/production-values). I'm just confused by why The Escapist would choose an idea that a. doesn't make people think as much as another show, b. doesn't make them laugh as much as another show, or c. doesn't have the story of another show, when they decide to choose something with slightly higher production value instead.

I mean hey, we can't all get on the show by just BEING strippers playing Dungeons and Dragons, am I right? But I just think a large number of shows submitted that won't get accepted deserve a second chance. And hey, The Escapist would get that second episode for free, right?
They still get a hundred percent profit even if it's hard to do. Well, maybe not a hundred because they had to spend some money to do the opening sequence and song, but I imagine that didn't set them back a whole heck of a lot.Well, there's the hosting costs too, I guess.

And it's not exactly profit either because some of it goes to Yahtzee. But you catch my drift.

Anyway, there's two sides to this, because you have examples of movies such as paranormal activity which cost fifteen thousand dollars to make and had a box office the size of the moon but you also have Avatar which cost half a billion but still made twice that in the box office. But investing in something like PA would be almost risk-free for big hollywood.

I don't want to demean the efforts of the people who probably bust their balls to amass enough cash to bring their ideas to life, though, I admire a lot this commitment to the trade, something that might not even pay off. That's why I dream of going to the US: You can do that. Invest fearless. The American dream and all that. If it was here I'd have to panhandle with the government like a two bit hobo to get like a tenth of the money needed to make some of the most elaborate entries here and that money would just buy half of the equipment it would over there because of our ridiculous taxes.

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
APSunder said:
FlitterFilms said:
xD I'm confused about the jokes thing, I didn't intend for the script to have any jokes. Fair enough on the editing though, the original script was 11 pages (official formatting), the initial cut was 8 minutes and the final cut going down to 5 minutes ended up making the sequencing incredibly choppy, and I think it effected the way someone might see the portrayal of the characters. When we lose this competition, as I'm sure we will, I'll blame it on the time limit.
Sorry, bad wording on my part, I didn't mean laugh out loud jokes I just meant the little humorous moments or quips the characters have. Light relief is good, makes characters more likable and it wasn't that badly written and now you've explained your time problems I can of understand what went wrong. Maybe you could have just shot something longer, kept the opening up until the news report and trimmed the rest into a kind of fake trailer for the series as a whole. I don't how much filming you've done before but like I said I'd say you have some talent that could do with a little more focus.

But that's just my opinion and I'm not really anybody important so take from it what you will, I just thought I'd better explain myself.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
FlitterFilms said:
APSunder said:
FlitterFilms said:
Sorry, bad wording on my part, I didn't mean laugh out loud jokes I just meant the little humorous moments or quips the characters have. Light relief is good, makes characters more likable and it wasn't that badly written and now you've explained your time problems I can of understand what went wrong. Maybe you could have just shot something longer, kept the opening up until the news report and trimmed the rest into a kind of fake trailer for the series as a whole. I don't how much filming you've done before but like I said I'd say you have some talent that could do with a little more focus.

But that's just my opinion and I'm not really anybody important so take from it what you will, I just thought I'd better explain myself.
I respect everyone's opinion (well...almost everyone's). Speaking on behalf of the 10 man team that made this, we thought the episode as is deserved a First Cut ribbon and maybe a chance for a second episode. As a 10 man team, this was our first production, but I've personally done 2 shorts before this. We're already preparing another series (probably for next year's contest) though, and are gonna make sure this one has defined characters, has a max 1st episode script of 7ish pages, showcases our fx skills (e.g. Sunder has a tv quality, after effects intro, but it wouldn't have fit in the 5 minutes, so we cut it), and doesn't have 5 scenes in 5 minutes xD.

JackBauer47

Oct 21, 2009
Vignette said:
as my co-creator could attest to, we wrote the script on MSN
I attest to this.

FlitterFilms said:
BETA - mentioned this before as the best structured of the game designer/writer sitcom selection, and it is that. The acting is pretty good and the characters are well written, it's not massively funny but it is entertaining so I'd certainly be interested in watching more.
Just wanted to say, thank you very much.

my_ledge_ends

Dec 26, 2008
Callate said:
"Before It Was Film": The narrator thinks he's clever, and spends more time making shallow parallels between 1996 (when _Fight Club_ was published) and the present day than he does making comparisons between and analysis of the book and film, the entry's supposed raison d' etre. It's competent, but it's also another "series of titles and slides over rapidly speaking narrator" entry, and if you're going to go that route, your material ought to be gold. This isn't.
Reviewer thinks he's clever, and spends half the review complaining about less than a minute of the video rather than discussing the actual points made less than a minute later. It's competent, but it's also another "three or four sentences of highly condensed hate", and if you're going to go that route your material ought to be gold. This isn't.

No, I'm kidding, you bring up a good point. I kinda felt the need to have a nice segue to establish viewer relevance, which is partially the fault of the subject material's age. Maybe I should have done something newer, but no use second-guessing =)

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
FlitterFilms said:
Anyone not mentioned who wants to pester me for my thoughts just ask and i'll post them, I might be the only person outside of the judges to have watch everything after all, lol.
Manichus TV? Also Ive watched everything so your not alone :p

EDIT: Also if anyone else would care to share their views that would be great.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.242480-The-Escapist-Film-Festival-2010-Manichus-TV-Episode-1-Knives-Bread-and-Coke#8826308

Havn't really seen anything at all in regards to it so I'm either thinking that it's just so average there's nothing to say about it, it's so abismal everyone who has watched it has died (although all the people I've shown it to are still breathing so that option is probably the least likely), the title somehow hypnotises people to skip right over it or it's just that amazing that it makes people instantly forget what they were watching (this one also very unlikely)

Thanks.