''Wait... they're voiced by the same person?!''

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Yassen said:
The biggest surprise for me recently was when I was playing Bioshock Infinite and kept thinking the voice of Cornelius Slate sounded awfully familiar. Then it hit me, mother fucking BURNED MAN FROM NEW VEGAS. Out of curiosity, I looked up his IMDb... my mind exploded. It's this guy.
That my friends is Keith Szarabajka. Who's that you ask? Well besides that scene in The Dark Knight and the games I mentioned he was also...
Didact from Halo 4
Herschel Biggs from L.A. Noire.
Yeah you saw that right, Harbinger.
Frankly, this guy has been in everything and I was shocked to see how much of his work I missed.
He is awesome. I still couldn't believe they chose him to be The Didact. I couldn't believe how much stuff he has been in. He's like the Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale but under the radar...

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
MidnightSt said:
just once so far, in Dishonored
after finishing it twice, I was watching an LP of it, and the LPer started talking about the Heart as if it was the Empress. I wrote a comment asking what made him assume that, and much later, in the end of the LP I noticed in the credits that both were voiced by the same person. Still doesn't make me think those two entities are related within the game world, though.
There are few hints dropped during the game that point towards that but nothing definite. If you use the heart on the assassins, it says that it finds them somewhat familiar. There was also some other lines that could be applied to the Empress. Also, it is still possible that it's not the Empress - there is no hard evidence, as far as I recall but considering the Outsider, it may very well be his idea of a joke - he has the motivation and the capability to pull it off.

EDIT:
Actually, I just checked the wiki [http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/The_Heart] - it seems very likely it was the Empress - see the trivia section.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
The honest trailers narrator guy is also the council duder from X-COM. Was pretty surprised.

Didn't take me long to figure out my female norn character in GW2 was Ivanova (Claudia Christian) but it blew my mind when I found out she was all of these too:

Full list: Aela the Huntress / Legate Rikke / Adrianne Avenicci / Breya / Brina Merilis / Bryling / Faleen / Laila Law-Giver / Uthgerd the Unbroken / Queen Potema / Voldessa Giryon / Zaria / Adelaisa Vendicci / Iona / Sorli the Builder

Wraithsight

[PREFSTRING:insanity]
Jul 6, 2008
This is actually my favorate past time, linking voice actors in different roles. So:

Johnny Yong Bosch is Vash the Stampede from Trigun, Itsuki Koizumi from Haruhi Suzumiya, Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleachas well as both Tohru Adachi and Yu Narukami from Persona 4 and the Animation.

Jennifer Hale is Elektra Ovirowa from the Cowboy Bebop movie, Fall-from-Grace and Deionarra from PS:T, FemShep and Rosalind Lutece from BioShock Infinite.

Dan Castellaneta is Homer Simpson, Genie from Kingdom Hearts, Robot Devil and Nordom from PS:T

Jen Taylor is Cortana from Halo, Zoey from L4D and Princess Peach.

Laura Bailey is my favorite VA of all time. I seriously had a major fanboy squee when she turned up in BioShock Infinite as the Siren heavy hitter. It was actually kinda embarrassing the girly noise I made. She is also Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4 and the animation, Gwyn Anwy from Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Serah Farron if FFXIII actually existed, Akali from LoL and Serana from Dawnguard.
Its worth noting I find all of her characters really attractive (I think its the voice), and then I found out she did Trunks and Dende from DBZ. Things got weird fast.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Resident .hack fangirl here and I'd just like to mention one thing:

Elk on the left in blue. Tsukasa on the right in brown.​

Similar personalites, similar appearances, similar personalies and both voiced by Brianne Siddal in the English dub. Man, The two even meet up at some point in the series.

GeneralBigG

Environmentalist Clarksonian
Jun 26, 2012
Some_weirdGuy said:
Just incase it hasn't been posted:
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/

Enjoy :p
---

I always love that sort of stuff, realising it's the same voice actor as something else you know.
I tend to go on that site, pick a character, then go to the voice actor profile and see what other characters they played ;)

Dude, thanks to you, I just learned that Damon Baird, Tai Kaliso and Saren Areterius have the same voice!

Cheers for consuming all my time for the immediate future while I continue to blow my own mind!

EDIT: And that Klaus fromAmerican Dad is also the voice of Daffy Duck from Space Jam, Atlas and P-Body from Portal 2, THE GRAVEMIND from Halo 2&3 and Appa and Momo from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

That's quite enough for one night I think. Damn you, Some_weirdGuy! DAMN YOU TO THE BLOODY BOWELS OF HELL!!! :D

Evan Lang

Oct 3, 2012
You know jed masterson from Honest hearts dlc in Fallout:NV? He also voices Lee Everett in the Tell Tale Walking Dead Game

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
Lear said:
GeneralBigG said:
Lear said:
I remember some character, in some game, sounding just like Julius from Saint's Row 1. I think I'm thinking of the Mass Effect series, but I'm not sure.
You're talking about Keith David ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0202966/?ref_=tt_ov_st ), who voiced Julius Little in Saint's Row and Saint's Row 2. He also voiced Captain David Anderson in the Mass Effect games and The Arbiter from Halo 2 and Halo 3.

The more you know....
Ah, that's it. I was close. The more I know...
Don't forget Sgt. Foley from the Modern Warfare series.

OT: Also (for the Red vs. Blue fans):

Agent Wshington of Red vs. Blue.

Is voiced by the same person who voiced:

Akabane Kuroudo from Get Backers

Who would be:

Shannon McCormick [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0566608/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1]

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
Bolwing said:
E-Penguin said:
Wes Johnson was the voice actor for not only this guy:

But also this guy:

As well as this guy!:

He has also voiced all of the Imperial NPC's in Morrowind and Super Mutants in Fallout 3.
Don't forget the Gray Fox and the Arena Announcer.

digital_critic

Mar 18, 2013
Jumjummju said:
My main one is with whoever voices the librarian in the College of Winterhold in Skyrim. I was like "WOAH! That's the same voice actor as the colonel from that Defender remake on the PS2!" Ah, lesser-known games are always the most nostalgic. T'was fun shooting over-size bugs in spaceships with lazers and missiles.

Also, any time Johnny Yong Bosch does anything. First heard him as Lelouch in Code Geass, then both Yu and Adachi in Persona 4 and I was like WOAH. 'Specially since Code Geass is my favorite anime and Persona 4 is my favorite JRPG. :3
he also did Vash the stampede from trigun, Lelouch Laparouge from both seasons of Code Geass, Rossiu from Gurren Lagann, Itsuki from The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, both Ichigo from Bleach, 5 different Naruto characters, Lujon from Fullmetal Alchemist, Bumblebee from Transformers: War For Cybertron, Nero from Devil May Cry 4, and Adam from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Recent one for me was Rosalind Lutece from Bioshock Infinite, Jennifer Hale. Also know as Ms. Commander Shepard.

I knew I recognized her, just couldn't put my finger on it till I read her name.

Seems Hale has a knack for voicing gender-swapped versions of characters.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Jim Cummings.

The guy makes his living off doing voices, but he's been the voice of Darkwing Duck, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, and some of the 'Madagascar' Penguins.

No big deal, except he's also been the voice of Minsc from "Baldur's Gate 2", as well as The Terror Mask (yes, that horribly foul-mouthed thing) in Splatterhouse. I take Minsc even less seriously now.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Any voice actor in MLP: FiM that did voice acting for Dawn of War
really took me off guard...especially since the Tau commander was voiced by the same guy that did snips/snails (forgot)

Mr C

May 8, 2008
DoPo said:
torno said:
I had no idea John Dimaggio voiced both Marcus Fenix and Bender.
I still couldn't hear it even after someone told me.
Only when Marcus really yells do I start to hear it.

And for some reason, the Mass Effect Codex narration always bored me.

The bloke has a great voice for the job, but I was always put off by the fact I'm reading far faster than he was speaking. I wished they allowed you to listen to codex entries whilst running around in the main game, alas...

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I always knew Nolan North was good at voice acting, but when I found out he voiced these both:

As opposed to...

It was a shock.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
For anyone who really likes voice actors, I'd advice listening to "Allworknoplay" podcast hosted by Liam O'Brien (voice of Akihiko Sanada from Persona) and Sam Riegel (voice of Teddie). Granted, there are only 4 episodes available and they go for less than an hour each, but they are quite entertaining. In episode 3 they play recording of their DnD game session with a bunch of other VAs, including Laura Bailey, and episode 4 is recorded in Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's (voice of Naoto) hot tub.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Keith David in They Live(yes, it's a movie, but I was genuinely surprised) and something else that I completely forgot.

That's about it.