''Wait... they're voiced by the same person?!''

JonSherwell

Mar 21, 2013
Ljs1121 said:
Not a very well known example, but it still amazes me that the same person, Alex Hirsch, voices:

Even the fact that he can consistently voice Stan throughout a whole episode is pretty impressive. My throat hurts just thinking about doing that voice.

Sorry, couldn't find a good video clip

All on the same show that he created and currently serves as head writer on.
Gravity Falls, best new cartoon around. My girlfriend's family and I sit around and watch it ad nauseum.

OT: I know this is really obvious and all, but when I found out the Liam Neeson was Qui-Gon Jin and Dad from Fallout 3, as well as, you know.. Liam Neeson... I got really excited.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
The most surprising one in recent memory is that Will Friedle, who played Eric Matthews and Ron Stoppable, was also the voice of Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond. The first are such bundles of joy that knowing he also played someone on the opposite end of the happy spectrum just blew my mind.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Maria Canals-Barrera

The mom from Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place" (the show that spawned Selina Gomez)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0133566/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

voiced her:

...and her:

...which makes her officially awesome in my book.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Roberta from Black Lagoon:

Is voice by the same person who does Rarity from MLP:FiM:

Yeah...

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i never noticed how hearing familiar voices can spoil things but
i knew immediately that the people in boat at the very beginning were not random minor characters because femshep

MissP

Feb 6, 2013
Laura Baily's been brought up several times already, but after I found out she was both Maka in Soul Eater and Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, I almost had a brain meltdown. Those characters couldn't possibly sound more different.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
the u.s. sniper in company of heroes is ...garrus!

maybe thats why he always takes forever to shoot..always in the middle of some calibrations..

nymz

Apr 1, 2010
StashAugustine said:
The Happy Trails caravan master in New Vegas Honest Hearts is Jacob's dad in Mass Effect 2.

Oh, and he's also Lee Everett in The Walking Dead.
He also did Rodin from Bayonetta. Oh, and of course Vol'jin.

vid87

May 17, 2010
MissP said:
Laura Baily's been brought up several times already, but after I found out she was both Maka in Soul Eater and Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, I almost had a brain meltdown. Those characters couldn't possibly sound more different.
Then you're going to want to grab a helmet to hold your liquified gray-matter:

In addition to voicing her:

...she also does:

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I don't know the actor's name, but I was surprised to see the voice actor of "Tank" Dempsey from Call of duty zombies also voices a few mooks from Hitman Absolution and a few from Batman Arkham City.

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
Fem Shep is the same actress as the female character whose name I can't remember in the Cowboy Bebop movie.

Garrus and Grunt from mass effect also have been in tons of other things.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
Tara Strong, but you may also know her as Timmy Turner, Bubbles, Twilight Sparkle, Princess Clarra and Toot, young Ben Tenneson, Truffles, Kiera from Jak, teenaged Dil Pickles, Harley Quin, Juliet form Lollipop Chainsaw, Raven, Mushi Sanban, and countless other roles.

RaeveSpam

May 27, 2009
I was terrified when I heard Tricia Helfer voice as EDI in Mass Effect 2, I only knew her as Caprica Six in Battlestar Galactica. And then she went on and voiced Kerrigan in StarCraft II (both WoL and HotS) aswell!

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Kalezian said:
torno said:
I had no idea John Dimaggio voiced both Marcus Fenix and Bender.
yea, watch adventure time after playing some Gears and watching some Futurama.
What really got me was that he was Joker in Under the Red Hood. It just made me miss Hamill all the more.

I'm surprised this thread got to page 6 with no mention of Cam Clarke:
- Max Sterling on Robotech
- Leonardo (and Rock Steady) on Ninja Turtles
- Tetsuo in the original English dub of Akira
- Die Fledermaus on The Tick
- Liquid Snake in Metal Gear Solid
- Yasochika in Bleach
- He-Man in the newer cartoon series
- Aoi in Naruto
- Kartos Aurion in Tales of Symphonia

and a hundred others that I'm leaving out.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
teebeeohh said:
i knew immediately that the people in boat at the very beginning were not random minor characters because femshep
Jennifer Hale does occasionally voice random background characters though (Gears of War 3, for example) so it's not necessarily a guarantee.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Tom Kenny is the voice actor for Spongebob, and yet he also does this guy.

My head hurts.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:
teebeeohh said:
Jennifer Hale does occasionally voice random background characters though (Gears of War 3, for example) so it's not necessarily a guarantee.
But she is not a random background character, even if she just showed up in the first scene she would be a minor character, not random civilian#42.