Warhammer/Tabletop gaming thread

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
My army theme song, regardless of which one I'm playing, is "Who Wants To Live Forever?" by Queen.

(I wish so many of my figs wouldn't die like that.)

-- Steve

The Reverend

Jan 28, 2008
WAR! HAM! MER! What is it good for? Eating all your money! Say it again y'all!
Heh, see what I did there..
Some Swedish death metal goes well with any army.
Also, I don't know if it still is, but are Chaos and Necron still rather.. unbalanced? I remember the last time I played a chaos guy mullering my Orks with all that daemonic crap. Bah.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
Okay to change topic here, how good are y'all at painting?

Not to brag, but one year ago in Toronto, I got a silver demon :):):)

General Ma Chao

Jan 2, 2008
Blayze said:
A fellow Salamanders player! I suggest "Through The Fire And The Flames" for an army theme tune. And I can't believe I forgot about the fact that I play Warmachine!

Gotta love the Cygnar. My ranged troops seem to do better in melee than my melee troops, for some reason.

Edit: And then there was Blood Bowl. "Aren't you going to get the ball? Y'know, so you can *win* the game?" "Win the game? Win the game?! Are you nuts? If I kill the enemy, they can't stop me later on in the league! Blitz!"
The Chapter will honor you, brother. Not only is it perfect for the Salamanders, I have now truly discovered the joy of Dragonforce. Thank you.

General Ma Chao

Jan 2, 2008
The Reverend said:
WAR! HAM! MER! What is it good for? Eating all your money! Say it again y'all!
Heh, see what I did there..
Some Swedish death metal goes well with any army.
Also, I don't know if it still is, but are Chaos and Necron still rather.. unbalanced? I remember the last time I played a chaos guy mullering my Orks with all that daemonic crap. Bah.
Pick your poison. We all "waste" money on something. You're in luck. New Ork Codex is out. Now ya kin git krumpin wit yer boyz agin!

Spleenbag

Dec 16, 2007
I just recently started played DnD (it's a tabletop game, so it counts!)

Myself as DM, w/ four friends playing characters. It's absolutely some of the best fun out there.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
I play that sometimes. I always have to be DM though, as the others have the story telling ability of R.L. Stine, and they always revert to random events, for example...

"You find a dark corridor then walk thorugh it. YOU ARE ATTACKED BY 5 LEVEL 100 OGRES!!"

General Ma Chao

Jan 2, 2008
Spleenbag said:
I just recently started played DnD (it's a tabletop game, so it counts!)

Myself as DM, w/ four friends playing characters. It's absolutely some of the best fun out there.
DnD got its start from wargaming. Out of curiosity, you sticking with an older edition or are you upgrading to 4th?

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
GenHellspawn said:

Oh nice. Any pictures of it?

I was pathetic at painting them, although my Dark Eldar looked absolutly awesome.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
I'm an ok painter. Decent play standard, nothing to wave a flag about.
Music wise anything by Dethklok for my Orcs lol.
And yeah DnD is great fun with the right people/story etc. Anyone know how the currently being released expansions will work with 4h edition? will they have been written with it in mind or are they just a waste of time lol?

Possum-Man

Jan 21, 2008
John Galt said:
On an unrelated note I think GW should have invested in a WH40K MMO rather than the fantasy setting. While the fantasy setting is awesome, I think the world of 40k was much better suited for an MMO. Just imagine fighting in the streets of some massive hive city or exploring the Eye of Terror in your magical Eldar space yacht.
THQ have said that they will be doing a 40k MMO. I only hope they make it like the Inquisitor game-system with its small war bands rather than massive armies like Dawn of War.

I now await the perhaps inevitable "I hope they include Space Marines" comment with a look of frustration creasing my brow.

P.M.

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
There's a couple of ways they could avoid the "Space Marine" issue entirely. Those ways? Well, one's called Necromunda and the other's called Gorkamorka.

I'm... well, adequate at painting. I'm not that good, but I can paint between the lines fair enough. And compared to my first attempt with the Eldar, which resulted in different colours for each Guardian...

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
.I think I do a good job painting. I'll try to get some pics up when I'm on my home computer.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
GenHellspawn said:

Good, but not great; I ended up in the top quartile at Toronto GT 2003 with my Tau.

-- Steve

Sinharvest

Nov 9, 2007
mmmmm warhammer thread.

In 40k i use chaos and dark eldar. In fantasy i play chaos(warriors/demons). I use to play lots of necromunda and blood bowl as well. I have a nicely painted gobo team ;).

BTW if anyone loves blood bowl like i do go to the fumbble website and sign up. I just started playing there recently but its sooo much fun.

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
I was a big fan of both settings and dabbled a bit but had neither the money nor the attention span to collect one complete army.
Only two weeks ago I bought the Warhammer Fantasy RPG just in time for Black Industries to be shut down. Just after Dark Heresy was released too. Curse you GW!

Possum-Man

Jan 21, 2008
GenHellspawn said:

Well done to you sir.

Everyone can see my painting skillz here: http://possum-man.deviantart.com/

Blayze said:
There's a couple of ways they could avoid the "Space Marine" issue entirely. Those ways? Well, one's called Necromunda and the other's called Gorkamorka.
And Inquisitor, though Necromunda would be preferable. Gorkamorka doesn't have much of a range, Orks in Trukks...that's it, not really alot of material for an MMO. Necromunda is probably the best out of all the options.

P.M.

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
And Inquisitor
Inquisitor isn't really a fool-proof way of keeping Space Marines out of the running, though. In Necromunda, an Ork is an encounter in itself. Any appearance from Space Marines would probably be restricted to a GM/dev-only option, and even then it's unlikely.

Gorkamorka doesn't have much of a range, Orks in Trukks...that's it, not really alot of material for an MMO.
Hey, it worked for EVE Online. "Kay guys, you're in space. Here's a little backstory. Right, we're done. Knock yourselves out."