Watch Dogs Delayed to 2014

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Crap, Watchdogs was the second game alongside Killzone: Shadowfall I ordered with my launch date PS4. I will have to get something else, I wanted something like Watchdogs though because those type of games are great value for money and I wont be willing to go dropping to many £50s on games after buying the console itself. Surprising news considering Sony where advertising launch bundles of the PS4 with Watchdogs.

Mike Kayatta said:
With the absurd amount of hype this game has gotten for so little shown, I'm sure Ubisoft is in brown trousers mode about quality.
They have been showing 15 and 30 minute long walkthroughs of pure gameplay that highlights key game mechanics and features...

Thats a lot more than you see with most games nowadays.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
I-I-I... But.. I was, going to buy a ps4 solely to get this on launch day.. with the sexy graphics... http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Aug 19, 2010
I pre-ordered this game.
I'm extremely hyped for this game.
I want to play this game as soon as possible.
And yet, I'm rather happy with this move on ubisoft's part. I'd rather wait longer, so that the end product is more polished, than to play it earlier and have my hopes about this game being crushed.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!! The one game I was actually excited about, seriously? Ugh.. This day was already bad and now this.. Fine, I'll deal with it, but it better be nice and clean and shiny when it's released. Ugh.. Dammit, now what do I play..

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I wasn't ready for it anyway. I still have to build my new system in order to get the most out of this one, so the delay is actually kinda welcome, even though I'm hyped beyond belief for this one. Kinda weird, I'll admit.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Yeah, considering the system requirements for the PC, it's probably for the best. I bet a lot of PC gamers will want to update their hardware a bit.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Lightknight said:
Not just a launch title for the ps4. It's a preorder bundle for the ps4.
That's right, I'd almost forgotten. This will not go well for a lot of customers for the PS4, or even the Xbone. Sony is probably pissed at Ubisoft. I mean I don't blame Ubisoft, but to drop a launch title for a console at nearly the last second is going to go down poorly.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Dammit! I'm really looking forward to this... but if they need to delay it, good for them for saying so; although it's never been so frustrating for me to say that, PROBABLY because they're doing it so close to the mark. Had they said this a month ago, it might have been more palatable.

Ah well, I'm planning on delaying getting new games until I get the PS4, and I'm also delaying getting the PS4 itself, so when I do finally get it, there'll be enough new stuff that Watch Dogs won't be too sorely missed.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I feel as though they did this so that people wouldn't have to choose between Black Flag and Watchdogs. But Ubisoft isn't that scummy, right?

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
dragongit said:
Lightknight said:
Not just a launch title for the ps4. It's a preorder bundle for the ps4.
That's right, I'd almost forgotten. This will not go well for a lot of customers for the PS4, or even the Xbone. Sony is probably pissed at Ubisoft. I mean I don't blame Ubisoft, but to drop a launch title for a console at nearly the last second is going to go down poorly.
The watchdogs ps4 Day 1 launch bundle is currently the 94th best seller of 2013 on Amazon (in video games, of course). I have no idea how they're going to rectify this with less than a month to go.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
well, this won't go over well with Ubisoft's financials. Wonder how this will affect the launch of the PS4 and XB1 though

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Well it is nice to see that they're not rushing the game out with the aim of making a more polished experience.

But, I do expect that Ubisoft also don't want Watch_Dogs_ competing with Assassins Creed IV for holiday season sales. Given the choice I think most people would choose WD over AC IV.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Get_A_Grip_ said:
Well it is nice to see that they're not rushing the game out with the aim of making a more polished experience.

But, I do expect that Ubisoft also don't want Watch_Dogs_ competing with Assassins Creed IV for holiday season sales. Given the choice I think most people would choose WD over AC IV.
Sadly I think it would likely be the other way round, with Assassins Creed IV cannibalising the sales for Watch Dogs. Which would be very sad indeed, and would suck for Ubisoft.

Overall it hopefully leads to a better final product. It does mean for those who play on consoles that there's one less reason to upgrade though.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
SkarKrow said:
Get_A_Grip_ said:

Sadly I think it would likely be the other way round, with Assassins Creed IV cannibalising the sales for Watch Dogs. Which would be very sad indeed, and would suck for Ubisoft.

Overall it hopefully leads to a better final product. It does mean for those who play on consoles that there's one less reason to upgrade though.
That was my first thought, but Assassins Creed 3 left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. Especially after that ending. But like most cases on the internet that could just be the vocal minority giving me that impression.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
There goes my only real motivation to bother with any of the day-one business to get a PS4.

I'm pretty disappointed there's a delay, but if that's what it takes then I'm glad Ubisoft gave them more time. God knows EA would have told them to just go ahead.