Watch Dogs PC Requirements Recommend 8 Core CPU

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Charcharo said:
I know that on resolutions :( . I just goofed like an idiot :(.
I dont thinks 1280x800 is unplayable. Heck, my 1680x1050 screen serves me well! What you are getting at is that resolution must also be included in system requirements.
480x320 for dungeon keeper was playable (and looked rather funny on a 1080p monitor). does not mean its something we should consider what we want to costumers to see. it depends on a game a lot and how it handles subrendering. see, games are also designed to look at certain resolutions and while they definatelly can change that it does not necessarely always look well, especiall UI. while raising it the largest problem was UI not scaling, lowering it often brings out the kinks.
Though i do have to agree that 1680x1050 is definatelly not bad. However it once again beats consoles already.
1280x800 is something i use for windowed programs that are meant to stay on the side with only part of attention for them.

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
DoctorM said:
I'm building a new PC this month. I was torn between an Intel i3 4130 and the AMD FX6300. In THEORY the Intel should have a slight edge... but by specs (if legit), couldn't run the game at all. (It also eliminates a LOT of older Intel chips since they tend to favor faster speeds with fewer cores).

I was considering stretching my budget to an 8-core FX chip, but for the same money it looks like going from 4 to 8gb of RAM is money better spent. 4gb also being a deal breaker on this game.

Going Intel I'd have to upgrade both the RAM and the chip to an i5-3350p just to make minimum specs.

There's definitely something weird here. I wonder how standard this is going to become for the industry.
Ouch, that seems like a very tight budget.

I'd definitely try to hit i5 and 8GB at least... but I've been in budget-ville myself in the past. My current rig isn't that extreme either, but I hit i7 and 16GB. I paid $400 for the CPU $138 for the RAM(current conversion rate), in february last year... and prices here are pretty much always 30% higher than US prices. That's for an i7-3770K and Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Tactical 16GB(kit, 8GBx2). *looks up prices* Err, looks like they've both gone up, that's weird. Must've been quite a shift in conversion rate or something.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Charcharo said:
Strazdas said:
Charcharo said:
I know that on resolutions :( . I just goofed like an idiot :(.
I dont thinks 1280x800 is unplayable. Heck, my 1680x1050 screen serves me well! What you are getting at is that resolution must also be included in system requirements.
480x320 for dungeon keeper was playable (and looked rather funny on a 1080p monitor). does not mean its something we should consider what we want to costumers to see. it depends on a game a lot and how it handles subrendering. see, games are also designed to look at certain resolutions and while they definatelly can change that it does not necessarely always look well, especiall UI. while raising it the largest problem was UI not scaling, lowering it often brings out the kinks.
Though i do have to agree that 1680x1050 is definatelly not bad. However it once again beats consoles already.
1280x800 is something i use for windowed programs that are meant to stay on the side with only part of attention for them.
Just seems like you and I have different definitions of minimum.
For me, minimum means 25 fps, lowest settings, lowest supported resolution.
For you its 30 fps, 1080p (or 1050p??) and lowest settings.
Yeah, i guess me and by the looks of it the developers just set higher minimum standart.

Silly Hats

Dec 26, 2012
I have a gtx780 and an i5, why the fuck is there such a heavy CPU usage? Graphics card exist for a purpose

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
I saw that the recently announced Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor specs aren't too different:
Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 | AMD Radeon HD 7970
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space
While the AMD chip may be 8 cores versus the Intel's 4, the i7-3770 gets more than $100 premium over the FX-8350.

It's starting to look like current gen game consoles are driving this. They use AMD chips and as a result cross platform games are being optimized to do better with more cores, even at lower clock speeds.

CWestfall

Apr 16, 2009
verindae said:
Maybe it's poorly optimised and thrashes the crap out of your processor. From the top of my head I remember Planetside 2 and Rift had serious problems with that at launch.
Planetside 2 was the weirdest goddamn game in the universe. I had a friend who was gaming on a midrange, non-gaming laptop and it ran decent for the first few months, but after SoE implemented a fix that was theoretically meant to optimize the game it became unplayably slow.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
DoctorM said:
It's starting to look like current gen game consoles are driving this. They use AMD chips and as a result cross platform games are being optimized to do better with more cores, even at lower clock speeds.
^This.
It's very obvious Ubisoft is programming the game to console specs (8 cores) and porting that out to PCs; which is meant to take advantage of the assured multi-threading support across the board for the first time in gaming history (both new consoles and PCs).

Initially, this will sting anyone who didn't sink cash for an iCore7 or better-equivalent, but PCs will eventually reach parity.

Apart from that, the biggest current problem I foresee is sloppy porting (which is nothing new).

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
verindae said:
Redhawkmillenium said:
noobium said:
I have a 3770k and I am sure pretty sure that it is a quad core processor.
Yeah that has me scratching my head. The 3770 is a quad core processing. It's eight thread thanks to hyperthreading, but it's still just quad core.
It's a technicality, it may be a logical or virtual core, but it's still a core. It's something of an annoyance to be honest, there's no consistency which allows for confusion and making something look like something it isn't. Something this industry seems fond of lately, like graphics card re-badging.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I also have an i7 3770, so aside from the CPU confusion, I should be good to go.

Naved Khan

May 2, 2014
abe tum log kya khak doge requiremnt iski requirement hai

dual core 2.6 GHZ 3 GB RAM AND @ GB GT 640 graphics card

samaj me nahi aaya to marao jaake